10+ Year Old Account

Bear Tank help plz

Heres my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tatroll/simple

to me it seems like i take way too much dmg in za/zg and even though im geared enough im scared to take my bear into a raid. i can see im missing a few chants but thats shouldnt be the cause. Can someone help me plz. My main issue is just the damage i am taking even with good healers i can see they struggle with me. Like for instance on the way to bear boss the grp that jumps down in za off the ledge those 3 simple guys would wreck me. soo strange. plz anyone.

Bear trash can be nasty, but those 3 mobs that jump off are by far the easiest, granted they stun you often making you unable to dodge, but its far from unhealable.

the healer might be good for your standards, but imo he/she was just bad.

Natural Reaction Isn't in your spec, which makes me worry...thats 12% damage reduction and 6% dodge you are missing out on!
    And you spec should be something like This which seems pretty standard at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    omg end thread im soo srry im pretty sure this is all the prob ^^^^^^^ what he said didnt notice that

Deleted
    Might be worth respeccing slightley to a 32-9 spec to include pereseverance which reduces spell damage by 6%, my droods spec is in my sig and i do ok with it.I'd also (from a personal point of view) swap a couple of gems to agil/stam rather then agil/dodge or 60 stam, i know it'll reduce hp a little but you will gain dodge and crit (for savage defence).

Deleted
    The problem with the bear trash in ZA is the bears, they do a spell that reduces ur armor greatly, and that means seeing as armor is one of ur most important stats for surviving, seeing as it lowers what direct hits u take, suddently becomes a great danger to you, i have trouble healing it, and i have troubling tanking it on my druid, the solution is, well there is no solution, ur gemming, reforging, etc looks fine to me, and ur talents are decent,

So my only real suggestion would be, instruct ur DPSers to nuke the bears down first at all time, given ur situation they should understand. Also i hope ur using barkskin + demoralizing roar (or whatever tis called), that itself is 20% reduced dmg taken, + 10% reduced dmg done to you, also, on the last pack with the 4 mobs, and 2 bears, i tend to pop my cooldowns early on, so they are fresh up for the boss, and ofcourse, barksin + demo roar on every cooldown keep barkskin cooldown rolling at all times

And yeah, as said above, take the 2 points in endless carnage and put them in natural reaction
    Last edited by mmoccaa68117a7; 2011-05-23 at 01:08 PM.

If your undergeared for the new dungeons then you should attempt to get some further upgrades from the previous tier of HC dungeons. But a few tips on surviving the sheer damage you take in dungeons is as follows. (Trust me, even geared tanks take a bucket load of damage in this place, i heal and tank the place every day at least twice)

Packs are that far apart and take 1 minute or so to kill that you should be rotating your CD's, don't save them specifically for boss fights. So do as the following

Pack 1 - Use a trinket CD like dodge and ofc Barkskin
    Pack 2 - Barkskin and Beserk to proc Savage defence almost all the time and zerg that specific pack
    Pack 3 - Use Survival instincts (it will be ready for the boss if you need it)
    Pack 4 - Use frenzied regen (glyphed ofc) and Barkskin

Also note that Demo roar should always be up, once you have aggro, Demo roar straight away, the amount of time i see druids forgetting this spell is ridiculous.

I'm 359 geared now and this is how i've been attempting the timed runs in ZA with pugs. But for a non timed run it will work just fine and help your healer out immensely. Also, CC some more. You wont get through the new ones without it i'm affraid

You have too many stam gems. The Meta is fine and a shifting demoneye might be fine here and there but you have 4 solids + a nightmare tear, which are all wastes IMO. That and you seem to focus on matching socket bonuses weather they are beneficial or not, such is the case with your gloves and the haste socket bonus. You should also switch out the orange gems for Delicate infernos in your red sockets. (ie chest and legs) That's my 2 cents
    Last edited by Kioga; 2011-05-23 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    Heres my armory http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tatroll/simple

to me it seems like i take way too much dmg in za/zg and even though im geared enough im scared to take my bear into a raid. i can see im missing a few chants but thats shouldnt be the cause. Can someone help me plz. My main issue is just the damage i am taking even with good healers i can see they struggle with me. Like for instance on the way to bear boss the grp that jumps down in za off the ledge those 3 simple guys would wreck me. soo strange. plz anyone.
    I can't see your gear, and your armory has resto and boomkin specs atm.

Like others have said, make sure you're popping barkskin and demoralizing roar. Those are huge. It also won't hurt to use your (lifeblood?) ability from herbalism. The extra haste may help a (tiny) bit with savage defense procs, and the healing component won't hurt, either.

If you want to look up my armory/spec, it's in my sig.

ZA and ZG are easy for me, and I've successfully done 2 bear runs in pugs, grabbing mobs with no CC, and not stopping for healer mana. Gear is a part of that, but the biggest part is spec, glyphs, and using your defensive cooldowns smartly.