Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Dragon Age 3 Confirmed.

Well, as much as I love Bioware games, I am a bit crossed about this one, after the obviously rushed Dragon Age 2. But, ya. Dragon Age 3, Confirmed. Not much about it, and we could already guess from the ending of DA2, but confirmed.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/20/dr...ame=0&ns_fee=0

I just hope they don't rush DA3 like they obviously did with DA2. I REALLY wasn't a fan of DA2, it felt like it wanted to be too much like Mass Effect with Swords and Anime style fighting, and didn't feel like it wanted to be DA1's sequel.
    Last edited by Daginni; 2011-05-23 at 08:33 PM.

Deleted
    I hope not. While DA 1 was great, it had it's drawbacks. DA 2 fixed a lot of them but created a lot of problems too. Hopefully it's best of 2 worlds.

Like talent trees. DA 2 ones were much better and unique for each character. DA 1 just had 4 lines of 4 spells per school and after level 15 or so, you could get all you really wanted and the rest of them was just clutter.

Voiced character was also miles better than the DA 1 mute, telepathic puppet that just felt awkward.

And finally combat. While DA2 style wasnt perfect, DA1 combat was worse, it was clunky and boring. DA2 at nighmare was actually very challenging and most fights needed good planning and teamwork from the characters.

Deleted
    Honestly dragon age is way overrated...it's a fun game for a week maybe.

Dragon Age 1 was excellent.

Dragon Age 2 was different, but also very good. The people complaining about it just blew everything out of proportion and started moaning because they didn't have 200 dialogue options? So what! Some of us actually want to finish the game instead of spending hours deciding what to say to a computer game character that is pre-programmed anyway.

Thats unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by -AW- Squirrel View Post
    Dragon Age 1 was excellent.

Dragon Age 2 was different, but also very good. The people complaining about it just blew everything out of proportion and started moaning because they didn't have 200 dialogue options? So what! Some of us actually want to finish the game instead of spending hours deciding what to say to a computer game character that is pre-programmed anyway.
    Then I got a nice generic hack and slash to recommend for you. That's what a Bioware Game is without the Conversations and the Story.

Mass Effect would be Gears of War.

Dragon Age, God of War.

Ironic... how those names are similar. And they represent the generic so well...

Deleted
    Cool. Yeah that's it really, just hope it solves all the problems that the other two combined had.

Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    Then I got a nice generic hack and slash to recommend for you.
    Generic hack and slash? The combat in DA2 is superb, far better than the mess that was DA1 in comparison. Top down camera? Who uses that?!

Slow, rubbish combat vs faster combat with abilities you can use instead of have to wait for, I know what I prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Firebane View Post
    Cool. Yeah that's it really, just hope it solves all the problems that the other two combined had.
    One can only hope. Lets hope EA isn't trying to suck Bioware for every dime it can get by rushing masterpieces.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Wasn't Dragon Age 3 confirmed the second you completed Dragon Age 2?
    I mean the the Champion is missing, the Warden is missing and the Chantry is looking for both.
    Obvious cliffhanger is obvious?

Oh and I actually prefered Dragon Age 2, I'd much rather have crazy political schemes than a standard'ish "Kill the dragon and save the world" plot.

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 08:25 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by -AW- Squirrel View Post
    Generic hack and slash? The combat in DA2 is superb, far better than the mess that was DA1 in comparison. Top down camera? Who uses that?!

Slow, rubbish combat vs faster combat with abilities you can use instead of have to wait for, I know what I prefer.
    Obviously you've never played a *real* rpg, where you had to pause and plan each attack.
    ... I miss Baldur's Gate Q_Q

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

As long as the story is better than in DA2. I play BioWare games for their story and I really thought DA2 was the most boring story BioWare has made yet. To top it all off the ending was terrible. It was far from satisfying and was a massive cliff hanger. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed playing a BioWare game ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mufasax
    i completely agree, im tired of all these half assed players jumping ship for what looks nicer in the wg wins, come to nathrezim, we have games where theres only 3 alliance members in wg, 3, its the most epic game of hide and go seek the raid boss

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by JeeBa View Post
    As long as the story is better than in DA2. I play BioWare games for their story and I really thought DA2 was the most boring story BioWare has made yet. To top it all off the ending was terrible. It was far from satisfying and was a massive cliff hanger. I don't think I've ever been more disappointed playing a BioWare game ever.
    Ever played Neverwinter Nights 1?
    Now THAT was dissappointing, talk about a horrible story, with horrible voiceacting, horrible graphics and horrible AI :P

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Deleted
    Pretty obvious this was coming considering Dragon Age was announced as a trilogy, along with Mass Effect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Oh and I actually prefered Dragon Age 2, I'd much rather have crazy political schemes than a standard'ish "Kill the dragon and save the world" plot.
    So true.

Only thing that was really bad about DA 2 was the recycling.

Quote Originally Posted by Fontaiine View Post
    Pretty obvious this was coming considering Dragon Age was announced as a trilogy, along with Mass Effect.
    They've already said that there will be more Mass Effect games after part 3.
    Same thing most likely with Dragon Age.
    Not really surprising considering how popular the games are.

3 dialogue options for DA2 are as follows:

A) massive sap

B) incredibly inappropriate sarcasm

C) massive cunt

And those were your only options for a majority of the conversations in the game, I hated it. I really hope DA3 improves that

Wasn't Dragon Age 3 confirmed the second you completed Dragon Age 2?
    I mean the the Champion is missing, the Warden is missing and the Chantry is looking for both.
    Obvious cliffhanger is obvious?
    OH MY GOD I haven't finished DA:2 yet! WHY SPOILERS, WHY!?

Anyway, yeah...so far, my trip in DA:2 has just been filled with 'false' senses of decision and choice. It's another one of those things that if you don't complete every 'side' quest, you feel like you've missed something in the game that matters, or that has information that sheds light on the true nature of this or that.

And to be honest, I absolutely hate the maps in DA:2. There is one red clay tunnel map, there is one mountain map, there is one 'hide out' map, and there is one 'deep roads' map that are all huuggee...but they just lock doors and funnel passageways to make it feel like you're in a different map. I must have seen that clay tunnel map/mountain 30 times and I'm only half-way (I think) into Act II.

I hope DA:3 brings back the world. You can have gigantic, fleshed out cities AND outside worlds without having to cripple one or the other, story or graphic-wise.

Let's hope they aren't trying to give Skyrim a run for their money, because then we'll just get another rushed, empty, rerererererererererererererereused map system game that's actually only the size of a small downtown market.

Just make a game to make a game...not to make a quick buck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.

Obviously you've never played a *real* rpg, where you had to pause and plan each attack.
    ... I miss Baldur's Gate Q_Q
    I have actually, due to the shortcomings in the DA1 combat system you couldn't actually fight properly anyway if you want to plan attacks.

It was a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

A) massive sap

C) massive ****

And those were your only options for a majority of the conversations in the game, I hated it. I really hope DA3 improves that
    Why did you swear? Are you an uneducated fool who thinks its cool to swear on a forum that children frequent often?

Quote Originally Posted by Knirps View Post
    And to be honest, I absolutely hate the maps in DA:2. There is one red clay tunnel map, there is one mountain map, there is one 'hide out' map, and there is one 'deep roads' map that are all huuggee...but they just lock doors and funnel passageways to make it feel like you're in a different map. I must have seen that clay tunnel map/mountain 30 times and I'm only half-way (I think) into Act II.
    Oh, and this. I don't know how I forgot about this shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin FTW View Post

A) massive sap

C) massive cunt

It had the same problems as Mass Effect, too. You choose, 'We have to move on' to say to your mother in the 'assertive' voice only to actually say something like 'I don't live in the past, you're stupid'. Or you choose, 'It's up to you' and you say 'This is your problem, now'. That's not what I friggen wanted to say, game! I don't want to be a total cunt, I just want to be assertive. There's a difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oajng View Post
    This is the way I see it. Everyone has human rights, and should respect everyone else's human rights. If you consciously hurt anyone you concede your human rights from what you have done. Think of it like pvp flagging.
    I find it so hilarious when people take pure neutrality and a flat tone as anger, hate, or rage.