Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome work ma'am!
    I hope someone at Blizzard takes notice of your ideas!

blizzard better hire you if they see this. amazing work and /agree with everyone who said better than t12

Good job! Blizzard's art team has disappointed me lately in terms of items.
    I love the plate set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I started playing the game when I was 11 during BC. I actually discovered jacking off and came for the first time during a Gruul's Lair raid with my guild!

Impressive use of the game textures, hope blizz would use them as well as you were able to! Want moar!

I'd wear this over tier 12 any day...
    T12 druid set on a tauren, looks like I'm wearing a bloody collar of shame...
    Thoaee, Guardian of Cenarius, Proud member of <Rising Sun> Twisting Nether - EU

Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    Please work for blizzard OP :P

/beg

^ This

They need you on their graphics team...badly.

These designs are so fresh and original, it isn't even funny. This is proof that it IS possible to make new set designs that don't have ever-enlarging shoulders and really stupid looking hats.

Quote Originally Posted by PokketMowse View Post
    Well, I have no idea WHY, but Blizzard does not yet have any Uldum themed armor sets. The Egyptian aesthetic was too tempting, so I decided to fan-make some of my own. I substituted a crocolisk god for the mail, since having an Isiset lady theme for your armor would just be too weird.

Link to biggie-
    http://i.imgur.com/f7mAv.jpg
    Because the expansion has only been out for six months? And we are still on the first tier for this expansion? Patience is a dying attribute.......

Sweet pic though.

And? A single person taking assets made by a team and making them into something only slightly different is not inherently mores skilled than the original team.

The OP need not create an entire tier for all classes and races to prove they are worthy of working at Blizzard (though I'm pretty sure if they did that would do it!), but with just the one image to go off of I do not see much effort or even original work on the OP's part going into these.
    Quite true. But I was not saying he has more skill than blizz, I can see how that can be inferred from part of my first sentence, but that is far from the case. While I think some of the recent art work has been a bit "uninspired" blizz continues to impress me with their artistic skills. What I was saying is that if he has any skill with models, as he shows some in these pieces, he may not need a very good skill in texture creation (though a background in it would be essential). While not taking as much skill as creating everything from scratch, ripping the image files and placing them on a model in such a way that is visually pleasing, that it matches the armor class it is given (*cough* paly T12 cough* [see subnote]), and just doesn't suck, takes skill (and talent). While obviously, since these aren't "original" creations (new textures, new lore etc etc), there wasn't a massive amount of work put into these, it was a bit of work to make those armor sets (for most people). Now, if he DID create his own set of textures, his own models and made an armor set, just one set on one model, that would be much more work, but eve as it is now, there is skill, talent, and work put into those models.

SUBNOTE: On the paly T12 and the people who claim "Old Crusaders wore cloth over their armor, LOOK (insert image of old knight/crusader here). NUB!" Guess what that cloth was called? A tabard. Sound familiar? The paly set does not look like a plate set, and the cloth covering just doesn't make sense. The leg version does look a bit more platey though, but not much help in any case.
    It's not just me, it's ALL rets. Join the ret MS club, get bitches, get money, get nerfed.
    It takes idiots to do cool things. That's why they're cool.

Nice work OP. If only Blizz tier designers had more than 30 minutes to come up with theirs. It's like they were given so many hours total for all expansions at the beginning and used 99% of their time up from vanilla-t8 in wrath.

Wow.... Those are amazing. Great job, More please? xD

yay lets all just put heads on our heads and shoulders

---------- Post added 2011-05-23 at 11:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Thoaee View Post
    I'd wear this over tier 12 any day...
    T12 druid set on a tauren, looks like I'm wearing a bloody collar of shame...
    sounds like someone needs to discover that you dont need to be a tauren to be a druid on horde side, and that ALL helms look bad on a tauren

Signature by Kenz

Bloodsail Admiral DownButStillOut's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Intresting, I'd wear that.
    Oh and is your Avatar from Half Life 2: Full Life Consequences?
    BeeeeeeeoooooOOOOoooooooooooooooOOOO-FFFSSSHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!
    My attempt at being less of a pessimist was choosing Dawnbringer as my choice of server.
    I regret somethings! (like setting this in my signature)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deerhaven View Post
    its sad that someone in their free time can do a better job then people payed to do the same thing
    I actually agree with this post.
    This is some of the nicest work i've seen since T2 & T8.

5/5 stars indeed
    Quote Originally Posted by Naphta
    The tank is the driver, healer is the fuel. And the DPS are the kids sitting in the back crying about if they're there yet. And this is coming from a DPS.

Sweet, sweet armour. A bit less belly showing would be nice though, even though that can be solved with a shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by t3hj0j0 View Post
    Quite true. But I was not saying he has more skill than blizz, I can see how that can be inferred from part of my first sentence, but that is far from the case. While I think some of the recent art work has been a bit "uninspired" blizz continues to impress me with their artistic skills. What I was saying is that if he has any skill with models, as he shows some in these pieces, he may not need a very good skill in texture creation (though a background in it would be essential). While not taking as much skill as creating everything from scratch, ripping the image files and placing them on a model in such a way that is visually pleasing, that it matches the armor class it is given (*cough* paly T12 cough* [see subnote]), and just doesn't suck, takes skill (and talent). While obviously, since these aren't "original" creations (new textures, new lore etc etc), there wasn't a massive amount of work put into these, it was a bit of work to make those armor sets (for most people). Now, if he DID create his own set of textures, his own models and made an armor set, just one set on one model, that would be much more work, but eve as it is now, there is skill, talent, and work put into those models.

SUBNOTE: On the paly T12 and the people who claim "Old Crusaders wore cloth over their armor, LOOK (insert image of old knight/crusader here). NUB!" Guess what that cloth was called? A tabard. Sound familiar? The paly set does not look like a plate set, and the cloth covering just doesn't make sense. The leg version does look a bit more platey though, but not much help in any case.
    and yet i bet you love pally t2, which, guess what, looks like cloth, and yet it is regarded by many as the best pally tier set

Signature by Kenz

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by DownButStillOut View Post
    Intresting, I'd wear that.
    Oh and is your Avatar from Half Life 2: Full Life Consequences?
    Zombie goasts leave this place!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait until the "Ulduar" of Cataclysm goes onto the PTR, then slap these on the official forums.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 12:28 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PokketMowse View Post
    Zombie goasts leave this place!
    Dad! Mom has dead! *Slap*
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Can you make a paladin set, so I can sit in awe of what might have been? lol
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumoto View Post
    Blizzard how can ONE person have more creativity than you.....
    how is this creative in any way? oh ill make armor sets based on bosses in HoO, and they'll be colored based on the boss, and we'll just stick their heads on our shoulders and also wear their heads as hats.
    no thanks, actually create something new, and use textures that arent blizzard made, and then we'll talk

Signature by Kenz

This is really good stuff, and the crocolisk sub came out great. Blizzard could use people like you.