Poll: Which turn based mario rpg do you prefer?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Mario turn based rpg.

im bored and i really want to play a turn based mario rpg. i remember watching my cousin a long time ago play super mario rpg lot7s, and remember how cool it looked. and am considering buying it on the wii virtual console. i recently beat paper mario 1, so either super mario rpg, paper mario 2 for GC or super paper mario. what game do you guys favor?

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Mario RPG is fairly short, but that is its only drawback. Fun as hell, and even some side quests to do.

Aw, I can't chose, I like em all.
    Can't wait for the new Paper Mario for 3DS, eeeeh!

10+ Year Old Account
    super mario rpg is very fun

I voted for paper mario but damn that was a tough choice. I loved mario rpg so much. I really just loved mario games period. I even enjoyed mario sunshine... so shoot me.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No contest.

Super Mario RPG (albeit short) was one of the most polished and enjoyable RPGs ever created. This was when square was at it's best when creating RPGs (FF5, FF6, Chrono Trigger and SMRPG).

The game wasn't really that hard but the game was just.. it's hard to explain. It's not even nostalgia talking. The game was just seriously epic. So much to do and you actually gave a shit about the newly introduced characters (mallow and geno).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    None can compete with Super mario RPG by far

Culex!

Wasn't Super Paper Mario a platformer? Shouldn't it be the first Paper Mario on the poll instead? O_o

i didnt include the first paper mario because i recently beat it, so i guess im stupid for not including it. however the first paper mario is such a great game. the story is good, and bowser wasnt the stupid kiddy villain nintendo made him out to be now.

*edit: i started playing legend of the 7 stars a few minutes ago, and i forgot how much i loved the boss music :P so menacing for a mario game.
    Last edited by Silentsnipe1212; 2011-05-24 at 02:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Super Mario RPG was great.

Also the first paper mario I really enjoyed as a kid.. it was the first game I lost track of time with.

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Super Mario RPG was great.

Also the first paper mario I really enjoyed as a kid.. it was the first game I lost track of time with.
    Same here, me and my siblings would be up all night and day with the first Paper Mario, loved that game.

I'm sad no one mentioned the Mario & Luigi rpg games for the DS/GBA. They were both really awesome, with some very amusing characters. Gameplay wise they weren't quite as fun as Paper Mario, but for a game designed for handhelds it really shined. Not sure if you can get it on the Wii as a vitrual download, but at the least you could find these in the form of a computer emulator.

Deleted
    OTHER i liked the original Paper mario... well i like all the games on the list except Super paper mario since theres no rpg in that one.

I voted for Mario RPG but honestly all of them are very fun. I have played paper mario and the thousand year door quite a few times and each time i do i love it more and more. Which ever one you decide to choose they are all fun and i am sure you will enjoy them.

Super Mario RPG is still incredibly awesome. I strongly recommend you buy it.

And if you do, OP, be even more awesome, and beat Culex without Lazy Shell Armor

Oh man, I feel stupid, should read the first post instead of just the title. :S

Anywho, my vote for Paper Mario 2, since you just finished the first and all. THEN! Mario RPG!

10+ Year Old Account
    Super Mario RPG is quite possibly my favorite game of all time. I've never been able to choose between it and Super Metroid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hands down, Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I still have my SNES Cartridge :3

Wonderful Ysera set by Aderianu of AHS

10+ Year Old Account
    On a side note Super Paper Mario is essentially Paper Mario 3, so make sure you play Thousand Year Door first.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaxamaphone View Post
    I'm sad no one mentioned the Mario & Luigi rpg games for the DS/GBA. They were both really awesome, with some very amusing characters. Gameplay wise they weren't quite as fun as Paper Mario, but for a game designed for handhelds it really shined. Not sure if you can get it on the Wii as a vitrual download, but at the least you could find these in the form of a computer emulator.
    /agree. Also I'm pretty sure you cant get them as a virtual download. I havent played the snes one so I cant really choose which one was best but the thousand year old door is really good. Super paper mario wasn't as good as the thousand year old door cause it mixed more platformer then rpg with it but is still a pretty solid and enjoyable experience, if you got the cash i'd get it after the thousand year old door. Check out the ds/gba ones too, they're cool.
    10 Hours of trolling a day makes the troll sadness go away.