Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Who says world PVP doesn't exist anymore?

Last edited by Jumpieboi; 2011-05-24 at 07:49 PM.

-Call something World PvP
    -It's just ganking

Par for the course, it's always just been ganking.

Deleted
    There's also lot of it in under 60lvl zones. i did gain quite many kills from 2-3lvl higher alliances while lvl'ing my fury warr

Case closed, folks. There was one battle at one point recently therefor world PVP exists as it does and is extremely vibrant. Head out to TM/SS, You'll get tons of PVP.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, so we can stop asking for world PVP back op.

Deleted
    Calling THAT world pvp makes no sense at all.

No widescreen resolution + S-Key Backpedaling = massive face palmage )

Deleted
    Where is it? I just saw PVE? :O

Last time i had world PVP was in BC. Had about 30-40 alliance hitting 30-40 horde in Shadowmoon Valley. We were fighting in the netherwing fields with people running back and forth from that scryers town area. Had some guildies go from exalted with scryers down to honored.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice Vid - shows World PvP does exist in some form.

On my server atm World PvP seems to be in abundance as we get horde visiting Goldshire every so often at the moment (usually no more than 5-6 of them) which results in a response from any 85 ally in the zone which means we get some PvP going on.

Tbh though I wouldn't like to speculate what World PvP is like overall as I don't play on a PvP server so don't know what its like there.

Would be real nice if World PvP was alot more popular as I do enjoy it, its why I happen to sit around with my PvP flag on nowadays (Holy Pala)

Hunter| Warlock | Shaman | Paladin
    "In the light.. We are one"

World PvP has never been dead. What people don't seems to know is that you have to find it. Go to a high level zone and try to find opponenets, get a group of friends and go to Org or Ironforge and I be you'll find world pvp. Or you can always create an event.

Quote Originally Posted by Camael View Post
    Why, that's what it is.

I definitely find world PVP pretty often, but I also farm pets/mounts/achievements/dailies/fish/archaeology so I run into people often. Is it happening all the time everywhere with massive amounts of people? No, but when you go out into the world, it's likely you'll get a fight if you want one.

Unless "World PVP" to you means large amounts of people, like a BG but in the world, then you probably won't get that ever again until Blizzard tries something to facilitate it. You can easily create an event with a little effort though, just recently a 1v1 of mine while farming turned into a 6v6 for an hour or so, was fun.

And don't forget both parts of Tol'Barad. Take a group into there during peak hours and you'll have your world PVP.

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/

Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    World PvP has never been dead. What people don't seems to know is that you have to find it. Go to a high level zone and try to find opponenets, get a group of friends and go to Org or Ironforge and I be you'll find world pvp. Or you can always create an event.
    Yeah have fun killing the masses of <lvl 60's that flag themselves. I always laugh at people who think there is a shred of respectable world PvP in this game other than shooting fish in a barrel.

---------- Post added 2011-05-24 at 02:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m View Post
    Why, that's what it is.

I definitely find world PVP pretty often, but I also farm pets/mounts/achievements/dailies/fish/archaeology so I run into people often. Is it happening all the time everywhere with massive amounts of people? No, but when you go out into the world, it's likely you'll get a fight if you want one.

Unless "World PVP" to you means large amounts of people, like a BG but in the world, then you probably won't get that ever again until Blizzard tries something to facilitate it. You can easily create an event with a little effort though, just recently a 1v1 of mine while farming turned into a 6v6 for an hour or so, was fun.

And don't forget both parts of Tol'Barad. Take a group into there during peak hours and you'll have your world PVP.
    lol @ TB being 'world' pvp....

That cave in Deepholm with Therazane daylies is nice for world pvp, flying mounts don't work there, so no running away, he-he-he.
    In WotLK I liked to find my victims at Sons of Hodir daylies.

Emm..what that world-boss in video has to do with PvP at all? Unless all who were fighting him were ganked in the end on the video (didn't watch till the end).
    Last edited by Against the Modern World; 2011-05-24 at 03:03 PM.
    Life is short Glory is eternal

Deleted
    Some BS video from a PvE server, what is this...?

Deleted
    The only world pvp action I see these days is gurubashi arena.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Camael View Post
    this pretty much

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    lol @ TB being 'world' pvp....
    LOL at whatever you consider the "world" to be?

Tol'Barad is a non instanced zone where people are questing. You do realize I'm not talking about the battle you queue for right? That should have been pretty obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by G l o w y r m View Post
    LOL at whatever you consider the "world" to be?

Tol'Barad is a non instanced zone where people are questing. You do realize I'm not talking about the battle you queue for right? That should have been pretty obvious.
    nobody kills others questing, or if they do its only when they have some huge zerg there, but otherwise people are just trying to get their quests done and roll.

but thats why i hate these Isle of Quelldanius quest style world PvP, its lame and always has been lame. Its pretty sad when Blizzard considers that their best world PvP designs

Quote Originally Posted by candyass View Post
    nobody kills others questing, or if they do its only when they have some huge zerg there, but otherwise people are just trying to get their quests done and roll.

but thats why i hate these Isle of Quelldanius quest style world PvP, its lame and always has been lame. Its pretty sad when Blizzard considers that their best world PvP designs
    Must be your server or mine, because we have some pretty decent PVP battles all the time. When a large group of Alliance come to kill questing Horde or try to camp out front of the Horde camp, we fight back and it goes back and forth for a while.

I usually have to quest with my eyes watching my back constantly and with a couple of friends. To me, that's the perfect feeling of world PVP, when you are in constant danger and must stay alert and near other people on your side in case stuff goes down.

Like I said though, that's just 1 area where I get world PVP, it's not the only place in the game where it happens, I get into fights in random zones quite often, just not large battles. Every server is different I guess.
    Last edited by G l o w y r m; 2011-05-24 at 03:24 PM.

Can anyone identify the cooldown bar shown in the video? Which addon is it?