15+ Year Old Account

100 Corruption Mage on H: Cho'Gall (10-man)

Sup guys,

So as the title infers, I'm looking for some advice on how to approach getting 100 Corruption on Heroic: Cho'gall encounter as a Mage. This is on 10-man by the way.

I've looked through a couple of videos, and seen the basic ideas, but I was wondering if anybody had some extra tips etc? Please note that I do not have enough "points" to buy the Resistance trinket from Tol'barad.

Also, how should the healers approach it? How do they (disc priest I assume) keep me up? Also, when should I IceBlock?

Sorry for not looking through older posts, but I'm writing this on my iPhone at work I'm merely trying to get a head start, as my guild will start on H: Cho'gall (10-man) tonight.

Best regards
    Zumzar

I'm not a mage, but one thing my guild does is try to save battle rezzes for the mage, but I think you lose your stacks when you die anyway.
    Resto Shamans Spirit Link works too.

Point 1. Use 2 healers. If you have a choice, Disc + Resto shammie is the best duo.
    Point 2. I assume you're a mage, right? Try to time your mana shield perfectly. This includes:
    Point 2a. You need to appl a manashield early, so when the first/second shadow aoe tick destroys it, you have mana shield off cd to apply it immediately
    Point 2b. Watch your procs or raw spell power. If it's possible, try to apply mana shield when you have high spell power.
    Point 3. Get your 100% corruption after the first pack of bloods is destroyed. Cast ice block 1 second before shadow aoe and survive in it (also removing the 75% debuff)
    Point 4. Kill the elementals yourself. 1 Pyroblast and living bomb should be enough to finish them off by the time Cho'gall absorbs them.
    Point 5. Help with the large adds and especially the bloods. Your +100% damage is also useful to AOE them.
    Point 6. On the next shadow AoE, get an early mana shield and a disc priest shield. Also don't forget to re-apply your manashield when it breaks after the first/second tick.
    Point 7. If you go low on health because of some mistakes, use resto-shammie's totem. He must keep it for you. It should be used on one of the shadow aoes for maximum profit. Just don't face the raid, come close to get the healing and then move away.
    Point 8. Always be ready to counter-spell your main mass-interruptor. Shout in voice-chat if you're MC'd far away from the group.
    Point 9. Squeaze as much DPS as possible on the transition. It might be a good idea to bloodlust at ~26% to burn as much as possible while he's 'dancing'.
    Point 10. When you are res'd, give yourself your own bloodlust again (first should be used by shammie if you'll decide to do it).

I guess that's it.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Deleted
    Back to back power word shields, iceblock, pain surpression and stl if you have a shaman healer goes a long way. Remember you don't have to be 100% going into the last phase. You just have to start at 100% health when you get fully corrupted.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice you've already given.

Am I correct, when I say IB removes the "tentacle" debuff on me, that shoots Shadow Bolts on raid members? Doesnt it remove the cone-vomit as well?

Only the shadow bolt thrower debuff. You will still puke on others. You will probably shoot a bolt or two before the shadow AoE, but it can't be helped -- you need to use your ice block for both removing the debuff and totally ignoring the AoE.
    Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    The unfortunate fact of the matter is that many, many people in wow are very passionate in their obsession with acting like a complete retard.

Also try to get a huge combustion off before you die going into phase 2.

If you have a warrior tank with safeguard they can intervene you on each shadow nova.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flas View Post
    Also try to get a huge combustion off before you die going into phase 2.

If you have a warrior tank with safeguard they can intervene you on each shadow nova.
    or posibly if hunters are using a certain type of pet for a raid buff they might be able to pet interveen to you for a similar effect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    or posibly if hunters are using a certain type of pet for a raid buff they might be able to pet interveen to you for a similar effect.
    Or really any warrior. There is no reason they need to be protection, though you will obv lose a tiny bit of dps having a dps warrior do it (with macros they can just press a couple buttons to switch to def stance, intervene, switch back to battle/zerker, and charge/intercept back to boss).

15+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the advice guys. We killed it last night, after a total of 18 attempts, and I managed to get rank #14 on WoL overall with ~43k DPS. I still feel like I could've done better though. When I look through other logs, Mages above me are doing 300-400k more dmg with Combustion, so I should probably wait for a bigger Combustion next time.

Something that nobody wrote anything about was spec. I found that I was going oom w/o Arcane Concentration, so I specced into that. Another thing I changed, which nobody wrote anything about either was glyphs. Since I was basically using Mage Armor the entire fight, I glyphed that. Also, since I was spamming Pyroblasts the entire fight, and not really using Fireballs that much, I glyphed Living Bomb instead of Fireball.

I had the following spec/glyph setup for the kill: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#obhZfc...sfoc:cbVRMzzV0

Also, I didn't use Mana Shield. If I did, I'd go oom. Defensives, shields, well-timed IB, and especially Spirit Link Totem was essential and was enough to keep me up for entire P1. We didn't use Intervene.

Please agree/disagree with the above, and state why!

Zumz
    Last edited by Zumzar; 2011-05-25 at 09:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nume View Post
    Or really any warrior. There is no reason they need to be protection, though you will obv lose a tiny bit of dps having a dps warrior do it (with macros they can just press a couple buttons to switch to def stance, intervene, switch back to battle/zerker, and charge/intercept back to boss).
    Only prot warriors can spec into safeguard which gives the 30% 6 second shield wall, but grats to you zumzar!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triadragon View Post
    Only prot warriors can spec into safeguard which gives the 30% 6 second shield wall, but grats to you zumzar!
    Derp didn't notice the safeguard part. Intervening could still be useful though to take one of the hits at least.