Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Firelands - Unimpressed so far

To start off, no I'm not in the prt, nor have I tried these encounters. I also do know that these are currently still in the prt and changes are more than likely going to occur. No I'm not doing super amounts of research. This is more of a first look basis.

So far, with as much as the ptr testing of the boss encounters has shown I'm not impressed. The bosses are all dying, and none of them look exceptionally difficult. (Of course Ragnaros is an exception) I can't help but compare this to Ulduar, which as far as I am conserned was the glory of Wrath of the Lich King raiding. There were something like 14 bosses, some which acctually stumped progression before Yogg, even if not for long. The ptr has atleast offered, if not succeded the chance was there, to kill the bosses and learn basic strats before they modify it, a chance at all the bosses before Ragnaros. I'm sure theres one or two they havn't given a chance to test yet, but when theres a raid of, what? 6-7 bosses total and the high end guilds already have 5 of them down, theres not much left to progress come 4.2 release. It seems more of a race to Ragnaros, not progression on each boss.

Though firelands is the hype of blizzard atm, I feel, at a first look, like it's nothing exceptional. I don't hear "OMG THAT FIGHTS SO AWESOME" I'm not seeing people saying anything more then "Yeah, that fight needs more to it, to easy".

I'd like to see a raid come out where more bosses are along the lines of Sinestra in terms of, "You know it's there, you have no idea what to expect." Also the Icecrown Citadel multi unlock thing, with limited tries per lock out was a good idea.

I also know blizzard plans on releaseing new content faster, but none the less 1-2 months isn't very fast when the top end players have had the bosses on farm since before 4.2 and the last one 2-3 weeks in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nubss View Post
    To start off, no I'm not in the prt, nor have I tried these encounters. I also do know that these are currently still in the prt and changes are more than likely going to occur. No I'm not doing super amounts of research. This is more of a first look basis.
    sorry but with this statement nothing you write afterwards holds any value, this thread is hereby pointless

Deleted
    When I read this, only one question popped into my mind: Do you even play WoW or do you just cheer your favourite guild to be the best and to clear all the content?

Since you haven't done anything and yet you tell that YOU'RE not impressed and that Blizzards pace on releasing new content is slow because _the top end_ guilds are clearing them so fast.... How does it affect you if the best guilds in the world are not impressed with the new raid or are clearing it superfast? Why should you care?

If you have no self-experience, don't come and say that you are not impressed. Play the game for and as yourself.

And of course, it's still PTR, the bosses might be undertuned for a reason and there are still HC modes...
    Last edited by mmoc1e89a99e36; 2011-05-24 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    well tbh, this is the whole point of testing them. difficulty tuning different mechanics etc etc

Firt of all, all bosses look a lot easier when looking at people who knows what to do. Second of all is that its PTR and the bosses are tuned so that all of their abilities will be tested.

Gating and limited tries are just bullshit imo and I think most people can agree with me. Progression shall not be held back because of game design.

And as for last. How can you be unimpressed by something you have'nt tested?

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't knock it till you experience it for yourself, fully completed.

Deleted
    The bosses are really good looking and encounters look fun

HOWEVER

Its gonna get old really fast, since people will be doing that place for 6/8 months straight

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    sorry but with this statement nothing you write afterwards holds any value, this thread is hereby pointless
    ^ This, so much.

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    lmao, this is the exact same thing i thought. Read those first 2 lines and just skipped the rest.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really need to lighten up bro. Stop thinking and just raid. Have fun raiding and enjoy the time you get with your guildmates.
    "Come, face me! Give in to your Pride! Show me your Greatness!"

mfw every day | Nujabes - Horizon

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nubss View Post
    To start off, no I'm not in the prt, nor have I tried these encounters.
    At least you put the "It's not really worth reading, as I have not tried the thing I'm bitching about" clause at the beginning, this will save some time to people who might otherwise read your post.

the fights still aren't tuned yet, on the PTR at least, right now they are running a mechanics test/demo.

Deleted
    I like it or sort of...most of the bosses have new looks, lots of fire themed stuff which has been a while since that was the case
    as for the fights, once you have experienced, idw 3 expacs, maybe thats why it does not impress you...play another game if ur gona complain, as for Ulduar, thats in the past, forget about it...leave it as the good memory we all experienced..
    Dony be a doomsayer before it even comes out...

another thing, dont compare high end guilds with normal guilds...wow is all they do - they learn the game like a passion and spend alot of time raiding, like 5 times a week, for 4-5 hours a night...of course they will down it fast, its their life. i agree with what u said with icc wing lockouts and limited tries per boss (hardmode tho)

what do u want blizzard to do, make an unbeatable raid? i think that might be coming...if ppl complain too much

15+ Year Old Account
    I've done a lot of PTR testing, and I have to say that I mostly agree. My big "issue" with Firelands is that the hardmodes, which we already know the changes for, look almost identical to the normal modes. Even Ragnaros, which was pitched as a "completely different" fight, only adds a single phase.

We've stormed through the normal modes, 1-3 shotting most bosses given a stable server. While the fights are cool, they're also pretty easy.

So yeah, I'm a bit unimpressed. I think it's great that Blizzard cares about making unique boss encounters, but it makes me wonder what has Blizzard been doing the past 6 months?

Deleted
    new mmo id say, one called Titan or whatever and preparing for blizzcon

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    We've stormed through the normal modes, 1-3 shotting most bosses given a stable server. While the fights are cool, they're also pretty easy.
    [/b]?
    The encounters are tuned much more forgiving on the ptr usually. The ptr difficulty of an encounter says nothing about the tuning on live realms. Wait and see. Also the normal modes are meant to be beatable in 359 gear ... most people raiding on the ptr are beating them in hardmode gear which is basically already overgearing the encounters.

Deleted
    if u wana wipe, makes some pugs

makes everything harder when ur in a pug

10+ Year Old Account
    the bosses arent properly tuned so they can see if all the mechanics are working correctly AND its the top guilds IN THE WORLD. Of course they will down the normal modes like that.
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Limited attempts in ICC was absolutely an awful idea. Gating is rarely a good idea. It worked out in Sunwell and ICC, but it wasn't particularly exciting or fun. Normal modes are never going to be super difficult. Most people that think Ulduar was the pinnacle of ICC raiding probably got stuck in Ulduar and never finished ICC. Same goes for people that think Cataclysm is still "too easy" when less than 1% of the raiding population has killed the final boss 5 months after release.

No developer anywhere will ever push content out as fast as top guilds clear it, it's just not possible unless encounters are intentionally made impossible.

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Firelands - Unimpressed so far: To start off, no I'm not in the prt, nor have I tried these encounters."

And that's the point where I immediately stopped and scrolled down here to tell you that you are an idiot.