Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin Racoon View Post
    A nerf here are there to make content more accessible is understandable. Making fights braindead encourages people to maintain a terrible standard. Can't wait to run heroics for some VP come next patch "NO SOZ I DON'T DO MECHANICS THATS FOR NUBS HURR DURR I R RAIDER K"
    The problem is, there are a lot of people who either will not or simply cannot learn complex mechanics. When TOC was out for a year, people still failed on the Northrend Beasts (not just crash, but not dpsing the snobolds, standing in fire, standing in poison clouds, etc.). Sad part is, TOC was one of the most casual friendly raids ever released (outside VOA or TB)
    Last edited by h8stylist; 2011-05-24 at 06:23 PM.

I think the T11 nerfs are fine. Really, if you are so good that you don't need the nerf, then why does it matter to you if it is nerfed. I'm currently 8/13 HM, so this affects me in no way, but I have friends in other guilds that are losing raiders because T11 is just too difficult for them. They are struggling to progress and that frustration is leading their raiders to quit at least raiding and sometimes the game. Blizz has, I'm sure, seen that a lot of guilds are collapsing due to how hard the first tier of Cataclysm has been, and they are taking steps to make it possible for more people to get through the content. I, for one, am glad that my friends will get to have a shot at Nef. I'm glad they may get their Defender titles. And if this means that they may get nowhere in T12 until T13 is released, that is fine too, as long as they know they will have a shot at it eventually. Well done Blizz.
    This is my signature and it is special.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phibi View Post
    i don't know why every active WoW player is too stupid to read and understand my posts.
    first of all : i stopped playing WoW 14 month ago. i'm just here for the luls cause nerds like you go into rage-mode when someone criticizes your lovely MMORPG.

and yes. i'm more skilled and i'm better when i can beat a boss faster than you. i'm also better when i can run faster, i'm better when i can pick up more chicks, i'm better when i earn more money per month than you. that's how life works. i never said that i feel special because of that. i just say how it is. and if you suck at everything, then you should try to become better instead of waiting for other people to make it easier for you, dipshit. and if you don't want to be better (no matter if its a game or anything else) you gotta life with better people beating your ass instead of QQing cause people tell you the truth
    Last line. It's actually 'you gotta live with better...'. Woah. I know what word goes correctly in the sentence. I'm better than you.

My grandma cant play anymore, so can I have all the loot plz? plz Blizzard plzz

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha, they reverted mage nerfs and nerfed raids, oh people will whine hard.
    Vol'jin fanboy

Quote Originally Posted by h8stylist View Post
    The problem is, there are a lot of people who either will not or simply cannot learn complex mechanics. When TOC was out for a year, people still failed on the Northrend Beasts (not just crash, but not dpsing the snobolds, standing in fire, standing in poison clouds, etc.)
    Well... those ppl should not be allowed to see the content then. They should continue with pugging 5 mans normal until they actually learn few more things. If they can't do that.. they should seriously consider watching TV instead of playing Videogames.

The principle is simple. Most players SHOULD be seeing the content at the time it is released. Thats not the case cause BLizzard are overtuning the few encounters they bother with making these days - and are forced to nerf it to maintain normal progression path later on. Thats just stupid in the first place.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by h8stylist View Post
    The problem is, there are a lot of people who either will not or simply cannot learn complex mechanics. When TOC was out for a year, people still failed on the Northrend Beasts (not just crash, but not dpsing the snobolds, standing in fire, standing in poison clouds, etc.)
    How is that complex mechanics? Too hard to change target? Move from something that kills you? Run with extra speed? Are they drooling on keyboard and trying to hit right buttons with their drool?
    As I said before, the point of whole game is to get better and get better gear, while having fun and some satisfaction in beating that big dragon or primal evil from beyond.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tiandar View Post
    Huge nerfs
    they were going to come right before firelands to give the rest a chance to finish the content, It just alittle earlier and they are to drastic..
    We practically finished the content right before this nerfs, we just got alakir 25 which should be a joke now..
    You my friend need to learn to read, its 4.2 patch notes, these raids will be nerfed the day firelands comes out not before.

lolnerfs

they do realise us having better gear is in effect nerfing old content right?

Quote Originally Posted by dzwiedz View Post
    Casuals =/= Bads, learn the difference.
    If someone is a casual, he had enough time to get 12/12 without a problem, even raiding for 1-2 days a week.
    On the other hand, if someone is bad, he'll wipe on Magmaw trash for a month. Nerfing content will only have one effect- bads will not learn anything and by brute force they will get epix. No skill raising at all. No learning. No progress.
    They would do that anyway because you can get 359 with justice points in 4.2 Also quests in 4.2 give you 365 gear
    Last edited by Bahska; 2011-05-24 at 06:40 PM.

Blizzard seems to forget this game is so gear-dependant that by simply releasing new iLvls already greatly nerfs the previous encounters, so it is incredibly silly to nerf attributes on top of that.

Wow, way to make shit easy-sauce for noobs. Inevitably, when more people rofl-stomp easy mode raids in 4.2, FL will be harder for them than for people 12/12 already. We're more experienced and used to more damage and things, so overall more awareness and what not. Really, no surprise, Blizz has to cater to nublets.

Quote Originally Posted by trunkrollah View Post
    wow why all the t11 raids nerfed hard? the content will already be a joke with t12 gear
    Why are you farming T11 in T12 gear? Maybe it's just me, but my guild will be moving on to T12 content when the patch drops. They're making T11 easier for the people who couldn't handle it in it's current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Danieros View Post
    Blizzard seems to forget this game is so gear-dependant that by simply releasing new iLvls already greatly nerfs the previous encounters, so it is incredibly silly to nerf attributes on top of that.
    You too, why are you running T11 crap in your T12 gear? If you want a challenge, stick to the highest tier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    They would do that anyway because you can get 359 with justice points in 4.2
    Then the nerfs to raiding are not required. To hell with everyone saying that T11 raids will be needed to enter T12, cause they won't. You can farm 5man heroics (that were nerfed too, I might add) for Justice Points and after week of farming get full 359 and enter Firelands.
    It'll be a lot less effort that getting it now, since there is no RNG in buying stuff at vendor. No lockout. Easy mode, without any skills required.

why are you elitist QQing so much about this nerf?
    you won´t be effected by it because you are clearing firelands at that time!

come on nobody gives a shit about this

gj blizz love the way they´re doin it

Deleted
    All those nerfs look like ... I think it is "We removed 20% of Tier 11 Raids".
    At least, it was the general feeling we got while speeking on this in my guild.

Deleted
    I no longer play this game, and things like this are why. I was never a superb player but I cleared the T11 content on normal easily.

I remember someone from Blizzard saying "content nerfs itself over time with gear upgrades". Yeah... right!

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by perasite View Post
    I think the T11 nerfs are fine. Really, if you are so good that you don't need the nerf, then why does it matter to you if it is nerfed. I'm currently 8/13 HM, so this affects me in no way, but I have friends in other guilds that are losing raiders because T11 is just too difficult for them. They are struggling to progress and that frustration is leading their raiders to quit at least raiding and sometimes the game. Blizz has, I'm sure, seen that a lot of guilds are collapsing due to how hard the first tier of Cataclysm has been, and they are taking steps to make it possible for more people to get through the content. I, for one, am glad that my friends will get to have a shot at Nef. I'm glad they may get their Defender titles. And if this means that they may get nowhere in T12 until T13 is released, that is fine too, as long as they know they will have a shot at it eventually. Well done Blizz.
    Three cheers to this attitude. Pretty much everyone who's complaining is either selfish or a wanna-be elitist.

Me? I killed LK on 10 (never on 25) and not until the ICC buf got to 15%. Where's that put me? Way down the list. I'm glad I got to see the content, and I'm glad that I was able to do it (normal content, and some heroic) on a lot of different toons, because it got easy to gear them up to do the content.

Gone are the days that you had to focus hard on one toon ("the main") to get to the current end-game, and I'm glad for it; I can try out a lot of different aspects of the game the way things are set up, and when my newest alt (resto sham) gets to 85, it won't be long till I can get her into Firelands.

If getting-there-first glory is what matters to you, enjoy getting there first. If you don't think others should get there some time later.... well...

• I probably graduated from college first. I don't think other people should have it easier - and the way schools have nerfed content and grading, it's easier - so they shouldn't get to too
    • The Mayflower colonists took 3-6 months crossing the North Atlantic to get to North America through violent gales in very small "ships". I don't think it's fair that you can hop on a A3XX and get to New York in 6 hours with such little effort, you should have to make a Mayflower replica, learn to sail.
    Sounds really stupid, doesn't it.

Go finish 12/12, and then get your 13/13, and be proud of yourself. QQing that other people may get to clear 12/12 long after you do (if you do) doesn't make you look good; it makes you sound like you're 10 years old.

I see the list of nerfs for the raids and it confirms my decision to quit.

Every tier release is an automatic nerf for the existing tier as the gear level increases, so why nerf the encounters along with having improved tank survivability, higher dps, and better healing?

As a casual player that was not able to raid this tier due to my schedule, I knew I would have to wait to enter the current raids till after 4.2 when it would be pugged more.

I was average level player that sometimes made mistakes and learned from them during raids. Nerfing content just continuously dumb's down the experience and brings the game down as a whole.
    Last edited by Yogurthewise; 2011-05-24 at 06:55 PM.

Holy tits the raids got not hit, but beaten with the nerf bat o.o