Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Reith View Post
    Let's get this suggestion going on the official forums if it hasn't been already. Maybe even a middle-ground where Seals just have a faster GCD in general (i.e.: double the effect of haste on the GCD of seals)? Or make it 1 second baseline or something.

The way they probably have it set up for Divine Storm is to hit only the currently selected target (the main target) and it chains once from there. That's my best guess.
    That's what im thinking aswell, but last time i checked Divine Storm shared mechanic with Whirlwind, whirlwind + sweeping strikes =?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Foamybeers View Post
    Do you remember a little thing called Seal of Blood? The AoE damage I use to do with that was just retarded.
    Seal of Blood was during BC and early Wotlk (untill mid Ulduar), this was not our cleave seal, Seal of Command was.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    That's what im thinking aswell, but last time i checked Divine Storm shared mechanic with Whirlwind, whirlwind + sweeping strikes =?
    = pewpew

Yep exactly, but last time i checked divine storm doesn't apply seal of truth does it? anyways, that's why im wondering what way they'll go with this new "seal of command". I would assume having each of our Divine Storm hits cleave to all the targets in melee range is OP but hell.. retri aoe is miles behind so why not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hasnt it been stated by the community that Seals are a outdated mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by Xerif View Post
    nice!

welcome back seal of command! we missed you
    :/ That totally reminded me of "Welcome back commander"...now I have the urge to play command and conquer tiberian dawn&tiberian sun D:

Anyway, screw instant queues, I'm totally dropping my prot spec for ret again <3 Welcome back ret spec.
    Samin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashrana View Post
    So, what would be your reaction, if you found out, that come cata release first patch, blizzard were planning to kill everyone by sending a bear through the mail?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Seals and Auras are both weak and need to be reprposed or redesigned or deleted.

Many talents have been made weaker or poor thanks to various design decisions in and since Beta. These too need looking at.

HP is a good idea that needs serious improvement to live up to its potential.

Many of the base class mechanics have issues that need addressing.

The community says lots of things. What makes it sad is that Blizzard often publically agrees with or addressess those issues at times when its impractical to apply proper fixes.

EJL

Seals are going to go away when our bubble goes away , which is probably never because they are a class-defining ability.

/OT I think it's gonna work like this when it comes to DS :

4 targets :

Example 1 : I use CS on 1 target for the physical damage , hit all targets with SoR ( new seals of command ) , total SoR procs = 4.

Example 2 : I use DS on all 4, my current target gets hits by SoR because of the new change, hit all targets with SoR ( new seals of command ), total SoR procs = 4.

The change in there that states "not only single target abilities" is to make sure DS actually procs SoR at all. As of right now DS doesn't proc any seals on our current target.

Deleted
    OH YEAH!!!

To be fair, it's also been stated by the community that they should delete Death Knights, Frost Mages, Rogues, Paladins (from people who never forget those couple of weeks Ret was killing people) and a lot of other things.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Yes, but what was meant was that they are far less relevant now than they used to be in wrath and even less so than in vanilla/TBC.

10+ Year Old Account
    So happy! I don't mind switching seals, though the mechanic definitely still is updated. But still happy!

I changed the initial post a little bit and could use somebody that's willing to PTR test those changes to confirm my thoughts . Thank you in advance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    I changed the initial post a little bit and could use somebody that's willing to PTR test those changes to confirm my thoughts . Thank you in advance.
    Just my speculation, but:

Version one sounds like SoR at its base ability. Version Two sounds like what happens when you talent into Seals of Command. i.e Prot will use version one and rets will use version two. However, it sounds too like version 2 is way OP. Maybe Seals of Command will proc only once (in other words, only for your current target, though 'current target' is a misnomer since DS doesn't require targets).

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Andron View Post
    What's more: They finally kinda fixed GAnK.
    I saw nothing about GAnK changes in the patch notes, could anyone elaborate on this "fix"?
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    only took 6 month to fix aoe.. wow they are improving! :O

No no , version 1 is what you just said about Seals of Command only proccing once with DS ( though I believe you will have to have a target to make Seals of Command work ). DS doesn't proc seals on any targets right now.

Version 2 is the godmode where you get the super chain of SoR and I also think it's way OP.

Prot is a different animal , version 1 and 2 I posted apply to Ret and the new DS + Seals of Command . I'll remove one of the versions once I get confirmation from PTR.

And no prot can reach Seals of Command so the reason Blizzard included ".... and HotR" in there is still vague to me, that's the ptr testing I'm wondering about.

If you read the notes without thinking about whether it's OP or not it seems like it is actually Version 2 for ret , but once again , that seems totally OP ...

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    I saw nothing about GAnK changes in the patch notes, could anyone elaborate on this "fix"?
    It will now attack your current target with the new "Assist" pet stance which is replacing Aggressive. That means no more running off to attack someone 50 feet away while you are beating on someone right next to you.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. It still does not scale pretty well (say: at all) with our stats, so that's kinda crappy. But it's main use lies in the buff anyway.
    Besides from GAnK-ing Rogues that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Feedback on version one:
    I can use divine storm without a target.
    So I think we will get the second one.
    There is a third option, and that is the one I suggested before in another thread: it only procs on a mob hit by divine storm once and does not chain specifically with Divine Storm. That's also a possibility.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can already see it coming:
    Divine Storm now splits its damage between all targets in range.

However, given that it's still Blizzard, it's most likely gonna be the version with the absolute Cleave-athon until about 1 week into live. Then comes the hotfix.