Thread: 4.2 PVP gear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I think they look puuurrty cooool

10+ Year Old Account
    It's funny that the complaints are that the gear is too flashy when my complaint would be that it's too plain. I mean, the new tier stuff is way flashier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

the paladin gear... it looks the same.......... are u kidding me? thats REEAALLY a turn off... guess i gotta wait until 4.3 to see if i should come back to wow...

How is the design philosophy that was adopted in Wrath still lost on so many people?

The armor starts basic at the beginning of the expansion and becomes more complex as the seasons progress. Get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

its funny how PVE gear gets all these awesome/glowing affects that make it look 10x better. for example warrior pve tier vs warrior pvp gear. Same goes for all classes i would say. Wish they put more ideas and creativity into the PVP gear without a doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Do yoiu think they'll seperate rated BGs and arena 2,2 sets and give them different colored ones with the same stats?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiva View Post
    OMG! Blizzard spending time on the MAIN ASPECT of WoW (which is PvE) IN WHAT IS/WAS/ALWAYS WILL BE A PVE ORIENTED GAME?

WHAT A SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT MORE AT 11
    The game is pve oriented because people like you are too bad for something challenging like PvP.

I find it funny that people still think PvP is the main focus of this game.

As I said in the last page it is a PvE oriented game always has been always will be you will not change that fact.

Of COURSE they are going to spend more time on the MAIN aspect of the game than it's side game.

I can't remember who said it but I don't think I could sum it up any better.

"PvE is WoW's main game and PvP is WoW's mini-game tacked on the side to keep people playing"
    Last edited by Kiva; 2011-06-02 at 09:07 AM.

I find it funny that people still think PvP is the main focus of this game.

As I said in the last page it is a PvE oriented game always has been always will be you will not change that fact.

Of COURSE they are going to spend more time on the MAIN aspect of the game than it's side game.

I can't remember who said it but I don't think I could sum it up any better.

"PvE is WoW's main game and PvP is WoW's mini-game tacked on the side to keep people playing"
    Link me your char so I can check out your PvP stats and lol @ you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gd888 View Post
    No.

The game is pve oriented because people like you are too bad for something challenging like PvP.
    You realize PvP is just about as scripted as PvE right?

because it sounds like your insinuating human players are super unpredictable right?

That's weird, because back when I used to do arena, half the fight was knowing how to counter the moves the other players used.

Oh I am being CCed? Time for trinket.

Oh I am being focused super hard and am almost dead? Time for vanish.

The caster in the back is tossing spells at me left and right and I can't get to him? Time to use line of sight.

All of your human opponents are using SCRIPTED CLASSES AND ABILITIES THAT HAVE LIMITS.

They do not have an infinite range to react, they are confined by what the game developers gave them.

If you have half a brain, you learn and study and memorize these abilities, so you know how to react when your opponent uses them. Funny... sounds a lot like dealing with AI.

because it sounds like your insinuating human players are super unpredictable right?

That's weird, because back when I used to do arena, half the fight was knowing how to counter the moves the other players used.

Oh I am being CCed? Time for trinket.

Oh I am being focused super hard and am almost dead? Time for vanish.

The caster in the back is tossing spells at me left and right and I can't get to him? Time to use line of sight.

All of your human opponents are using SCRIPTED CLASSES AND ABILITIES THAT HAVE LIMITS.

They do not have an infinite range to react, they are confined by what the game developers gave them.

If you have half a brain, you learn and study and memorize these abilities, so you know how to react when your opponent uses them. Funny... sounds a lot like dealing with AI.
    You act like doing the exact same bosses every single week is any more exciting and unpredictable.

Holy rehash batman!

Deleted
    OMG! Blizzard spending time on the MAIN ASPECT of WoW (which is PvE) IN WHAT IS/WAS/ALWAYS WILL BE A PVE ORIENTED GAME?

WHAT A SHOCKING DEVELOPMENT MORE AT 11
    Oh look another biased person, screaming bloody murder at the slightest notion that some items for a part of the game he happens to not play gets some attention. And like a true PvE fanatic, uses half of his posts as all caps!

---------- Post added 2011-06-02 at 09:29 AM ----------

And you my good sir havent set a single foot in a pvp area once. Scared?

Hunter set gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling when I see it, I can't wait to get the hat. I really hope the redder version is the 2200 gear, but all three are damned nifty. Frank + terminator + predator, a rather glorious combination.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a paladin myself I'd have to agree that I've usually enjoyed my tier pieces (even with the skirts) over the PvP sets, but the most recent one wasn't awful.
    Sig by Soko, keep being amazing!

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd think they'd try to balance things up a bit before they make more seasons...
    If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. ~ Albert Einstein