Poll: Which Way ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Thornar View Post
    As has been said already, Cataclysm is based around Normal Mode = Casual Content; Heroic Mode = Elite Content.

We'll still be going into Tier 11, Blizzard have said this themselves, as those gearing for Firelands will probably want to be Tier 11 geared to make their lives easier. The item requirements (Ie: Helm & Chest) are not being removed as far as I am aware, meaning guilds will continue to run Tier 11 for their sets to begin Firelands.

Also, with the major nerfs coming in, many guilds will return to try their Hardmodes. It is a shame I feel, the nerfs are a tad to heavy. Naturally the gear progression of Tier 12 will make Tier 11 easier, these nerfs will I am afraid, turn the Hardmode Mount, into the Bronze Drake v_3.0 (As the Amani Battle Bear is V_2.0)
    That's unlikely. As heroic mode encounters aren't being nerfed, a guild still needs to be able to down heroic cho'gall and others to get the mount. While it will undoubtedly be easier to get with firelands gear, its still going to require a fair amount of time and practice for people to learn the heroic encounters and succesfully complete them.

Deleted
    The Tier 11 meta drake will probably rank alongside the Ulduar drake. Difficult to get initially, will become more and more common as guilds return to get them with Tier 13-14 gear. But don't expect every pug that wants one to be able to get it.

I asked this a few days ago, and as many without doubt has already said (I didn't bother to read all posts, don't hit me! D: ) : they're bumping down justice points to buy tier 11, while valor points buy tier 12.

Even though I like being able to raid the new tier as a casual, I still feel it's a shame that the good old raids go to waste, like Ulduar that became obsolete far enough into WotLK.
    But as somebody already told me: It has served its purpose.
    Oh, and we will be roflstomping HCs again. Hooray for the next generation of Cata-babies who can't CC! Gonna be fun when expac 4 hits.
    Dumbledore dies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Ok, in TBC once you hit level 70 you needed to try to get your blue "dungeon set" (if you dont understand what I am talking about then I cant help you) before even trying to run heroics / Kara. Then after Kara you needed progressed into Gruuls, then SSC, then Hyjal ....well you get the point. In WOTLK you once you hit 80 you went straight to heroics, and then to the lastest tier of raiding.

So the question is: In Cata, is Blizzard going to "make you" run BwD/BoT so you can get the gear needed to run Firelands? So is it going to be the WOTLK way or the TBC way?

I am hoping they do because I would hate to see the "WOTLK Way" again.

Not a troll...just a question
    I'm not sure what game you were playing, but you could go Karazhan >> Black Temple/Hyjal. I did it that progression route on 2 characters. One person I was in a guild with even skipped Karazhan, was raiding Black Temple with us the day after he hit 70, in quest blues and greens.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...monzi/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Crokey View Post
    You know you just wrote 7 paragraphs about some people you have never met, playing a computer game in a way you disagree with?

Quote Originally Posted by Simonzi View Post
    was raiding Black Temple with us the day after he hit 70, in quest blues and greens.
    Sorry...not buying this. Unless the other 24 people were decked out in SW gear and carrying him.

and Carrying =/= Raiding
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Strange poll. Logic tells me that WotLK is the best of both ways.
    Why?
    1. Those who prefer WotLK way can play the way they like - level to max, do heroics, buy current tier entry gear with badges - raid in current tier.
    2. Those who prefer TBC way can ALSO play the way they like and gear up in "regular>heroics>tier1>tier2>etc" succession - ignoring badge vendors completely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    Sorry...not buying this. Unless the other 24 people were decked out in SW gear and carrying him.

and Carrying =/= Raiding
    I'd agree that anyone raiding BT in quest blues and greens is totally being carried, they'd die to Najentus' first bubble burst and cause a raidwipe if they were targeted by Fel Rage. But you're way overestimating the difficulty of BT if you think you needed Sunwell gear to carry a single deadweight player through it. We'd often bring 5 buyers into our BT farm runs when were halfway through Sunwell, IE didn't have enough dps to beat M'uru. A guild who'd killed Illidan a couple of times could certainly afford to bring one bluegeared guy along.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am sort of confused from everyone saying "TBC way" when this is a question thread and not a debatable thread entailing a debatable poll.

As for the OP: Yes it is going to be the WOTLK way. So be happy .

My view is how else are you suppose to get your alts ready for raids? Yea in TBC it could take a long time especially if your guild priest has a midlife crisis and decides he wants to become a warrior (true story)