Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Starcraft 2 (What new units do you wanna see?!/old)

Hai, we all know that some of us want particular units back for online use, and even new ones to appear, but what I ask is this, have you got any ideas for new units? is there one unit you badly want to make a come back? Aka- Lurkers etc ( even though they are in the game files alrdy, may get added in heart of the swarm etc etc)
    I miss Mai Dragoons :<! Walking Cannon ftw <3! PS: sorry if there's already a thread like this = P

Yes! More units to supply more QQ!

On a serious note, I want my Firebats back.
    I mostly play fighting games these days.

I think that once they release the zerg and protoss campaign expansions they should put all the campaign units into the game. i would really love some of the terran campaign units.

Don't we already have a starcraft 2 thread?

The problem with adding new units is finding a niche where they belong. Firebats, for example, have absolutely zero use in multiplayer since hellions are superior in every way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gief mah Scourge back. :<

Quote Originally Posted by Dyingangel View Post
    Gief mah Scourge back. :<
    This! Oh a hundred times this!
    With Fire and Brimstone I light my path.
    With Pain and Shadow I smite my foes.
    With Demon and Fel I raise my armies.
    I AM WARLOCK, THE END OF YOU ALL.

Dark Archons. And Lurker.
    I liked them somehow...

Edit: also what would you think about an "zerg version" of the protoss Carrier, but with Scourge instead of Interceptors and able to blow themself up when all Scourge are destroyed?
    Last edited by Mistral; 2011-05-25 at 10:30 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    I really liked the diamondbacks, also vultures but they would be OP in rushes

as a zerg u can guess lurkers , diamondbacks would be a lil op id say if you had insane micro , but id say give terran another mech unit id say goliath but i want something a lil different , for toss no clue they got something for everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Give me my reavers back !!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    Dark Archons. And Lurker.
    I liked them somehow...

Edit: also what would you think about an "zerg version" of the protoss Carrier, but with Scourge instead of Interceptors and able to blow themself up when all Scourge are destroyed?
    That'd just basically be an air-to-air version of the brood lord, wouldn't it?

But brood lords can't explode! =<
    Also I thougt that the arsenal of those units would be limited, say 10 Scourge or something like that. Reproduction costs health. All health consumed? Boom!

Yes I must admit that this idea isn't much sophisticated. Was just something I thought about spontaneously.
    Last edited by Mistral; 2011-05-25 at 10:48 AM.
    The advantage of the dreamer is that he never has to face the chains of reality.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistral View Post
    But brood lords can't explode! =<
    Also I thougt that the arsenal of thouse units would be limited, say 10 Scourge or something like that. Reproduction costs health. All health consumed? Boom!
    I don't know, i can't imagine them being put in, mostly because of blizzard's "niche already filled" excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by Whispers of Death View Post
    I don't know, i can't imagine them being put in, mostly because of blizzard's "niche already filled" excuse.
    And they'd be pretty useless against phoenixes, or completely overpowered vs everything air.

Hard to say what unit specifically the races needs, but I'd say zerg needs a unit that's like the banshee or DT, cheap harass that can be devestating if it catches someone off-guard or do zero damage if someone prepares for it.
    Protoss should get shield battery and arbiters.
    Terran should get nothing because they already have too much.

Sorry I couldn't argue about balancing in Starcraft 2. ^^
    To be honest I never ever played SC2 against other players. *sigh* And most likely won't do so in future.
    I bought the game on release day just for the story mode. Played the campaign on normal and hard and than wiped a little bit on brutal.
    That's it. =< Nevertheless I'll buy Heart of the Swarm and hope for some new and funny units to use.
    Even if they're campaign only. =P So even one of those leviathan things is quite possible.
    Blackhand[EU] - Mistral

Just for fun and ignoring balance, i'd like to see Lurkers and Diamondbacks.

Deleted
    Something for easier scouting as zerg.. I love playing zerg, but Im so bad at scouting z.z

10+ Year Old Account
    Utilize speed OV's and Changelings! <3 100 minerals for a scout is cheap mid-game, cheaper then a Terran dropping a scan instead of a MULE in fact!

Heart of the Swarm without new Units would be pretty boring. Blizzard will find some way to add a least something. Maybe add the ScienceVessel to Multiplayer or give the Raven a Repair/HealMech Upgrade.