Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Bring back TBC raid progression.

As simple as that.. the epic journey clearing thru the content from Karazan to Black Temple was simply the best raiding I’ve ever done in wow. That system needs to be brought back, this bullshit system of after each patch the older tier becomes available to everyone for simply doing 5 MAN HEROICS is ridiculous and just lame.

I remember inspecting ppl in BT T6 gear while i was in my T4 gear that i was proud of from killing Grull.. and just being like WOW THIS GUY IS AWSOMEEE, THAT GUILD MUST BE CRAZY GOOD. Now that’s all been ruined and honestly it feels completely different now. Its just disappointing.

Bring back the storyline of gearing up and progressing through the raids, not this bullshit about ONLY THE LATEST PATCH RAID MATTERS, EVERYTHING ELSE GOES IN THE BIN! I honestly dont even feel like raiding.
    Keep MMO about Warcraft!

Nah, they feel like having people actually see raids.

WotLK and now Cataclysm, nearly 3 years straight, they've proven they don't give half a shit about your and your TBC nostalgia goggles.

Get over it or quit.

Oh, and I love your cute little "storyline of progressing raids"

"Hey, Medivh's castle has some evil shit in it. Go stop it.

OH BTW A GRONN AND SHIT.

Oh hey, Liquid Snake and Azshara Junior are being mean, go stop them"

Story!

There was not a single linking fact of the progression of raids tiers, each had 0 to do with the last, every raids lore was self contained.
    Last edited by gnigdodnab; 2011-05-25 at 06:54 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    First of all i didn't raid much in BC... but that doesn't mean I'm a total retard ok?

What fun is there if a few core raiders quit and you have to find new ones but the only people you can find don't have the previous raids done? Clearing old content to gear up people is to much of a PITA.

I remember inspecting ppl in BT T6 gear while i was in my T4 gear that i was proud of from killing Grull.. and just being like WOW THIS GUY IS AWSOMEEE, THAT GUILD MUST BE CRAZY GOOD. Now that’s all been ruined and honestly it feels completely different now. Its just disappointing.
    Green heroic tag = new epic

Bring back the storyline of gearing up and progressing through the raids, not this bullshit about ONLY THE LATEST PATCH RAID MATTERS, EVERYTHING ELSE GOES IN THE BIN! I honestly dont even feel like raiding.
    When each raid (Let's say there's 3 raid teirs with a final one making 4) has about 5-10 bosses in it. Trying to progress in the final one would be slow and painful if you had to re gear new recruits or old raiders who went AFG for a while. I honestly don't see the fun and excitement with doing this. When raids are out for extended periods of time (ICC, Naxx, Ulduar) you get bored/burnt out of doing them each week for nearly an entire year which makes you not want to go back there.

Deleted
    And T6 quality gear available for badges didnt happen in TBC right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cognition View Post
    As simple as that.. the epic journey clearing thru the content from Karazan to Black Temple was simply the best raiding I’ve ever done in wow.
    I am glad you liked the previous expansion content.

That system needs to be brought back
    Why? Just because YOU feel it should? You do not represent the entire community.

this bullshit system of after each patch the older tier becomes available to everyone for simply doing 5 MAN HEROICS is ridiculous and just lame.
    Because heaven forbid, other people might see the same content you experienced! The expansion has been released about six months ago. You being a pro player have obviously seen it all. Time for you to step up and enjoy a new tier of content while the less fortunate guilds/players can have an easier time in the outdated content...

I remember inspecting ppl in BT T6 gear while i was in my T4 gear that i was proud of from killing Grull..
    Why do you inspect people in the first place?
    Also, Grull is not a boss, you know? Any worthy raider knows the names of the bosses he/she defeated...

Bring back the storyline of gearing up and progressing through the raids
    That's exactly what has happened ever since WotLK. Previous and outdated encounters get tuned down ("nerfed") so you can progress trough the previous tier of raiding content. For Cataclysm, this means you can now go trough BoT/BWD, before entering The Firelands. Is that not exactly what you want? Are you even aware of the implications of the latest blue posts?

ONLY THE LATEST PATCH RAID MATTERS, EVERYTHING ELSE GOES IN THE BIN!
    To hardcore raiders, all that ever mattered was the latest tier of raiding.
    I don't know any raider who was still in Naxxramas when the rest of the world was busy killing Arthas & Co.

I honestly dont even feel like raiding.
    And nobody is forcing you to. If you do not want to raid, just don't?
    But for future reference: When did you make your 13/13 kill exactly?

Brewmaster
    15+ Year Old Account
    I have to agree. People actually started at Karazhan and progressed up, instead of just farming Heroics enough to buy high ilvl gear and start a raiding guild far into a tier. There were guilds starting up in ICC for instance. They didn't go through Naxxramas and up to ToC, they just started with ICC. The same thing would happen with firelands.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not totally on top with this but...

Think of this...

If Vanilla and BC started with all the nice(ISH) itemization, talents and abilities we have now it would have been a whole lot easier than you remember it being. It would have been a lot better to since warrior could really only tank and druids could only heal in Vanilla.

After hearing and looking at what stuff was in Vanilla and BC I'd rather have the stuff we have now than go back.

Quote Originally Posted by gnigdodnab View Post

WotLK and now Cataclysm, nearly 3 years straight, they've proven they don't give half a shit about your and your TBC nostalgia goggles.

Get over it or quit.

OH BTW A GRONN AND SHIT.

Story!

There was not a single linking fact of the progression of raids tiers, each had 0 to do with the last, every raids lore was self contained.
    Well the snake lady, Kael, Illidan, Mount Hyjal and Kill'Jaeden all were linked together.

I'm quite sure you could add magtheridon in there as well seeing as he got kicked out of BT by Illidan.
    It's the internet. You never know if people are either sarcastic or just bad.

Quote Originally Posted by takolin View Post
    Well the snake lady, Kael, Illidan, Mount Hyjal and Kill'Jaeden all were linked together.

I'm quite sure you could add magtheridon in there as well seeing as he got kicked out of BT by Illidan.
    That's not a progressive story like he said. They interacted absolutely zero, a quest saying "Get a vial from Vashj and Kael" is not an overarching storyline. The only time bosses between different tiers of raiding ever had any in game interaction outside of a quest was Arthas' taunting you after killing Kel'thuzad, and him sending Anub'arak to screw over the tournament.

TBC raids were all self contained story.

10+ Year Old Account
    What you mean is to bring back Vanilla raid progression. TBC brought in the system we have now. It's just more amped up.

On one hand I could get behind what you're saying. In Vanilla though, a guild that couldn't clear MC, could hit up the first three bosses in BWL and gear up as they didn't require stellar gear. Oh, and in before "but Vael required fire res!!" No he didn't. It just made it easier. And similarly, the first few bosses of AQ were doable with terribly geared group.

Where the TBC style of progression worked well is for progression minded guilds and recruitment and gearing up. It saved my guild's ass in TBC. My guild being 1 of the 3 pushing progress, if we had to redo T5 in order to gear up some players so they don't die or lag us in the T6 content, I would guarantee you that many of my guild members would have quit or transferred.

Blizz thinks making new content availible to bad players will make them more money.

Dumb. That will mean 95% of players won't be able to do any of the content and just sit around in Shattrah all day and PvP. haha. Because that's all everyone did back then. Blizzard implemented PvP as a side thing, but than realized that because raiding was so difficult for most players and the fact that WoW was a PVE based game they didn't like that everyone was doing PVP instead. So, they changed that all when Wrath was released and gave the majority of their subscribers (who are casuals) a chance to raid because that's what WoW was supposed to be. Hardcores got heroic modes and it turned out to be a good balance. No way in hell would they reverse that now. They would lose their subscribers. Think about it OP. Yeesh. Common sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Burburburs View Post
    Blizz thinks making new content availible to bad players will make them more money.
    Yeah, this is true... I heard about 2 million players who never heard of World of Warcraft will now start playing this game, because they can enjoy outdated content...

[/sarcasm]

the raids were not all self contained lore.... did none of u play Wc3. u dont even have to read the books to know how kael and vashj and kil'jaeden were all connected. cause u know besides ICC which isntance had lore in WOTLK. in Cata how would u even know about BWD? bastion is a bit differnt if u do all the quests out there but still. none of the current teir in cata really has anything to do with firelands.

another thing even back in BC u carried about half your raid and u could make it through hyjal and BT.
    also heroic modes are a joke. its so blizzard can be lazy and make more money on a game they dont care about anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by gnigdodnab View Post

Get over it or quit.

OH BTW A GRONN AND SHIT.

Story!

Possibly my favorite post of the night. <3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    And T6 quality gear available for badges didnt happen in TBC right?
    only at the very very end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by daylanhammer View Post
    another thing even back in BC u carried about half your raid and u could make it through hyjal and BT.
    Unlike Cataclysm, where slacking members can not be carried. 1-0 for Cataclysm

also heroic modes are a joke.
    Please link me your armory profile so I can see that you cleared the Cataclysm heroics in the first two weeks...
    Rather than after months, when you finally overgeared every encounter...

its so blizzard can be lazy and make more money on a game they dont care about anymore.
    Ah, you must be one of those "special" children I keep hearing about.

Seriously though. Stop beating dead horses and using the same old clichés over and over and over again.
    What's next? Premium services, 600k subs. canceled and how <expansion> killed your guild?

HEROIC tag makes the items and ppl who wear them special. Back in the day, you inspected ppl in T6 gears and felt it's awesome to see such hardcore raiders, now if you see ppl with title on their head (Death's demise, Blackwing's bane..." or carrying 372 Nefarian's shield, Wartorn Crusher's boots, you will still feel the same. Im sure about it.

The matter is just you can never get them until the nerf batches come...

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    As simple as that.. the epic journey clearing thru the content from Karazan to Black Temple was simply the best raiding I’ve ever done in wow. That system needs to be brought back, this bullshit system of after each patch the older tier becomes available to everyone for simply doing 5 MAN HEROICS is ridiculous and just lame.

Yeah screw availability in content so that more people are capable of experiencing it! Let's limit top raiding to the top 5% of all raids in the whole world!
    Sounds to me like you're one of those people who usually watched TB.

Everything from the latest patch IS the only thing that matters. That's called progression, my friend. No-one's ever been proud of clearing content when it's not top-tier anymore, because it's not an achievement to brag about when it's old.