Stop doing my job (healing)

Lately it has become an huge annoyance to me but this thread is about dps who heals mid fights because they get low and panic.

I get it, you're trying to help but when you have a fully heroic equipped healer who is already bored stupid...you think we need the help?

I already do the interrupts you seem to forget to do because you're too busy doing crappy healing that makes no difference. If you die, then you can complain but for the love of "god" please stop healing yourself and do what you queued to do.

Tip: If you want to help, before starting the dungeon, check the healer. If they are decently geared and seem to have it under control...don't panic to heal and WASTE your dps and make things slower. /endrant

I see where you are coming from, but if they are healing themselves then they are prolly doing bad dps anyways...

or you could keep them at a safe amount of hp?
    well maybe they've been dmg'ed by the first boss in sfk's ability thing that puts you at like 1% and then panic, but then they're stupid and i then let them die until they finaly wake up and are rdy to listen.

but sometimes it might be because you're not healing as you should've and they dont want a repair bill cus you're slacking... both seems like good options...
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

Deleted
    Your all Holy Paladins in this thread. Admit it!
    "Bored and interrupting"

This is what happens when each attempt to cast a spell heals a minimum of three people.

It's a two-sided sword.

a) the healer flames people because they make a little mistake and drop low.
    b) the healer flames people because they correct the mistake of a) by themselves.

A simple "/w No need to stop DpSing to heal yourself, I won't let you die here, got nothing to do with my mana anyway" would most likely fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarancelea View Post
    Your all Holy Paladins in this thread. Admit it!
    "Bored and interrupting"

This is what happens when each attempt to cast a spell heals a minimum of three people.
    I know a lot more resto-shamans that do this than paladins.

Ill pop enraged regen if i get to ~35%. same with healthstones/ shield wall macro/rallying cry.

A good healer shouldnt let people sit at low health for an extended period of time, especially if mana isnt an issue.

However, if the healer is doing good, and you spike for a second or two, give the healer a chance to heal you, before you stop doing your job to do theirs.

Deleted
    I seem to recall quite a few threads from about 6 months ago. Their topic was quite similiar: "FFS! DPS, wai vont u hael urselfs!!½one"!!". Be happy if they are conserned about your mana, I know I was before I got enough of healing

10+ Year Old Account
    Just don't do lfd's then.. You are bound to come across people that annoy you with their playstyle or lack of common sense/skill and there has been major QQ many times before you. This thread won't stop your 'problem' and I recommend you to either stop qq'ing or just do the effing dungeon and be glad your job is even easier then it already was.

Nimryas - EU-Kazzak ~ My youtube channel

No, sorry. I'm going to continue to heal myself. Don't take it personally; I've just had too many heroic equipped healers let the group wipe, and way too many groups take too much damage.

You certainly won't notice the difference in my dps. I have plenty of mana, and spending a GCD on heals won't make much of a dent. It's part of the fun of being a hybrid.

10+ Year Old Account
    For every healer that gets mad when a DPS heals themselves, there is a healer out there who gets mad when someone doesn't.

As a healer, I don't care. If I've let a DPSer get low enough that they are panicked that they might die, it's because something else went wrong that prevented me from healing them (higher priority target(s) near death or I'm stunned/CC'd/whatever), in which case it's a helpful thing. If everything is going the way it should, they shouldn't be getting low enough to feel that way.

If a DPS dies because I wasn't able to heal them for some reason, I certainly won't fault them for it because I don't expect them to heal themselves, but at the same time, I'm not going to hold it against them if they do. It doesn't hurt anything.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Keeping an eye on raid frames will tell you the best time to use personal healing and defensive cooldowns. Blowing ER when your the only player getting dumped on will be a waste. Blowing ER when the entire raid and tanks are getting dumped on is immensely helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rather have DPS that heal themselves when it's not strictly needed than those that never do it.
    I don't really see the problem. Staying alive isn't the healers job, it's a cooperation between each individual player and the healer(s).
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    If only you knew the times I saved raidwipes at 2% just because I stepped in as an offhealer to keep the tank up those last 20 seconds on an endboss of a raid instance you wouldn't be giving such a big mouth here. Long live ele shamans and the ability to offheal!

Though I knew when it was best to offheal or when to just nuke...it differs on every encounter and I agree that if you panick heal only yourself that they are idiots who should be kicked.