Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The first time I did that fight, I was all "Oh just like Yogg Saron" needless to say my guildie was yelling at me to "get away!" on vent and much lulz were had when we detonated and wiped.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    Why can't the person that doesn't know ask? Its their responsibility, and if they don't know and don't ask, they are a douchebag for wasting 4 other people's time.
    I dunno, everyone is at fault for not speaking up.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    it depends. People die to it for a lot of different reasons.
    First - ranged doesn't spread out around the room and when people get linked they can't move fast enough/are stuck between maze lines. Ideally ranged should be spread as far so the link breaks just after cast with 0 or little movement.
    Second - 2 meles got linked? Pretty much 1 of them will die it's really really hard to run fast enough to break it before it eats you. Easier maybe as a warrior with his jum but some classes like DKs just have to leg it normal way.
    Third - there is a lot of things happening. Maze scares people and the link hits really hard and really fast. It's easy to move this 1-2 secs to late or run into the maze..

This fight can be shit easy or really painfull and it's not only because people fail or are stupid. I've seen really good players die to it because one of them got stuck in the maze or 2 meles got linked or whatever..
    All of this not to mention 99.99% of the time the healer doesn't bother to heal the melee. I usually have to hit Holy Radiance when they get back (if they didn't die) or try to hit them with WoG as they are running. I've yet to see a healer heal the melee during this out of the hundred or so times I ran it on all my toons aside from making 1 or 2 rare occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    The first time I did that fight, I was all "Oh just like Yogg Saron" needless to say my guildie was yelling at me to "get away!" on vent and much lulz were had when we detonated and wiped.
    That's why there is a trash mob before the boss that does the exact same mechanic so not knowing it before the boss isn't really an acceptable excuse by most people.

10+ Year Old Account
    People stand still DPS'ing because they think the other target will move away from them.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnophore View Post
    I don't remember anyone failing in the pugs I did for Venoxis. Mostly the easiest fight (and yes, I play melee dps, I know I should move). Maybe "back in the day" when the dungeon was new, some people failed it. But after one whipe, explaining the tactics usually does the trick. Haven't failed on this boss in a long time.

Its the Panther boss, Zalazane and ofcourse Jin'Do who usually are the most "difficult" for pugs.
    I had this one holy paladin pug in ZG.

He kept dieing on zanzil. we told him to go to the green cauldron to survive the poison gas. kept dieing, so finally, i asked if he bothered to click the cauldron - he assumed just being near it was enough, then proceeded to blame the rest of us for not explaining the fight properly.

for that fight and jin'do subsequently, he got the "for dummies" version of the strat.

"Go to the cauldron. using your mouse hand, move the mouse pointer over the cauldron and RIGHT CLICK. DO NOT CLEANSE THE DEBUFF."
    "If you see purple fire. Don't stand in it. If you see a beam linking you to a berserker. stay away from it."

Seriously. just when something completely idiot proof like "if it has a cogwheel, it needs to be clicked." seems impossible to screw up - the world produces a better idiot to prove everyone wrong. (and he was cleansing at the beginning of the fight, if you were wondering.)

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post

That's why there is a trash mob before the boss that does the exact same mechanic so not knowing it before the boss isn't really an acceptable excuse by most people.
    Trash mob never cast it on me before the boss.

As DPS never had issue with venoxis with the link. But as healer i have tons of problem.

Mainly the dps when link comes does one of two things:

1- runs so far exceeding my healing range (specially when a ranged is at one corner and the melee hugs the wall on the other side);
    2 - runs into the maze jump while running away... some still try to "jump it".

That's why i always say "me noob on venoxis", because so ppl tend to have courage to say they never done it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viglante View Post
    to many people assume the 'link' is like yoggy and they will go insane if they run away.
    however they are insane if they stand next to a dude who will explode if they Don't move away.
    it's a catch 22!
    I honestly don't think that people who fought Yogg don't know how this works.

Quote Originally Posted by Illunis View Post
    W key is hard. Mkay?

People may not know fights, or people might just be downright stupid. Y'know? :\
    I have yet to live during that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vadesh View Post
    I honestly don't think that people who fought Yogg don't know how this works.
    I don't follow the logic. Why would fighting Yogg make people suddenly knowledgeable on unrelated game mechanics in a totally different instance?

Considering the link on Yogg and the link in ZG require the opposite reactions from players, it wouldn't surprise me if people who had fought Yogg were more likely to guess wrong the first time they saw it.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    I doneit first time yesterday, mate told me it was like blood queen except you run away rather than run towards who your linked to... its not hard
    War requires the sledge hammer, but will be decided by the scalpal
    Intel i5 2500k -Intel 330 180GB SSD - Saphire HD OC Edition 7870 - Gigabyte Z77-D3H Intel Z77

10+ Year Old Account
    I even give them a speedy bubble, yet people still stand stupidly. I usually end up only healing the one that actually makes an effort to run away. The other gets a repair bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I don't follow the logic. Why would fighting Yogg make people suddenly knowledgeable on unrelated game mechanics in a totally different instance?

Considering the link on Yogg and the link in ZG require the opposite reactions from players, it wouldn't surprise me if people who had fought Yogg were more likely to guess wrong the first time they saw it.
    First time I ran ZG and did this fight I thought "oh just like Yogg" and we died. It was the first day of the patch and not everyone in the group knew/bothered to explain the mechanics of the fights.

As melee I still die more often than not on this fight even doing it right because healers don't/won't/can't heal enough between links or the other linked person stupidly runs at me even after they say they know the fight.

Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't also explode when the link was broken.

The link ticks for obnoxious amounts of damage... and so does the un-link AE damage after successfully working the fight mechanic.

Not sure why it explodes when you still do it right :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fangless View Post
    Wouldn't be so bad if it didn't also explode when the link was broken.

The link ticks for obnoxious amounts of damage... and so does the un-link AE damage after successfully working the fight mechanic.
    Not sure why it explodes when you still do it right :P
    Because if it didn't, two linked melee might occasionally survive it, and that's not allowed in Casterclysm:P

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    it depends. People die to it for a lot of different reasons.
    First - ranged doesn't spread out around the room and when people get linked they can't move fast enough/are stuck between maze lines. Ideally ranged should be spread as far so the link breaks just after cast with 0 or little movement.
    Second - 2 meles got linked? Pretty much 1 of them will die it's really really hard to run fast enough to break it before it eats you. Easier maybe as a warrior with his jum but some classes like DKs just have to leg it normal way.
    Third - there is a lot of things happening. Maze scares people and the link hits really hard and really fast. It's easy to move this 1-2 secs to late or run into the maze..

This fight can be shit easy or really painfull and it's not only because people fail or are stupid. I've seen really good players die to it because one of them got stuck in the maze or 2 meles got linked or whatever..
    i'm totally willing to buy that for the odd 'oh hey, some people died' instance.
    however it becomes a little more of a problem when venoxis = i, as the DK tank, will be soloing this boss from about 60% onwards... every single time.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some people do not know the fight;
    or they simply don't care in pugs;
    or they think a healer will be able to save them;
    or they think that just maybe if they ignore it, the debuff did not happen to them.

Deleted
    Only time it fails is when its on a melee cause they dont know where to run :P
    For casters its easier cause their spread out as it is
    And when I fail and I admit I do its because I forget its run away and not run towards :P
    Reflex from ICC like someone mentioned :P

Deleted
    I would almost say that Venoxis should've been an endboss mechanic, having seen so many pugs fail on it.

As a ranged dps I have it easy by just standing somewhere far away from the rest. As long as no idiot comes running towards me ofc...
    As a healer I'm amazed at how much damage it sometimes does in such a short time, especially combined with damage from the other mechanics.

as a healer i usually stand in a instant toxic link breaking distance(basically when i see the boss casting the toxic link i start walking backwards).
    since the more you have link active you get more dmg, insta breaking it allows me and the other player to keep 50% of hp and thus, healing becomes super easy(also i dont sleep. i like topped players). the only thing i cant do anything about is ppl stepping on green or running from green aoe.