Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    well, i can run pretty much any game out at the moment, such as crysis 2, bfbc2, witcher 2, just to name a few, but APB won't run smoothly on lowest. i guess they just didn't optimize the game very well. it could be lag i suppose, as i didn't actually see an fps counter.

anyway, not that big of a deal, because it seemed pretty boring anyway.
    The game is horribly optimized and has memory leaks, and it gets worse with each patch. Whenever i enter a district the game acts jumpy for a while and is extremely annoying
    Last edited by georgevonfranken; 2011-06-20 at 11:06 PM.

Deleted
    I see you never played Rift. The computer who can run it at 60 fps on High settings hasn't been invented yet. I know that because I have an i7 CPU and geforce 295 and I get 40 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by a random troll View Post
    I see you never played Rift. The computer who can run it at 60 fps on High settings hasn't been invented yet. I know that because I have an i7 CPU and geforce 295 and I get 40 fps.
    I play on high and if im not in a city with a lot of people I get 60 fps... i5 2500k @ 3.8 and GTX460.

I'm running i7-2600K sandybridge and I can run it on everything max with 60 fps, so I guess your system has a few parts that keep its performance down. The performance of a system is the sum of its parts, so people saying that you don't need to replace RAM memory when you upgrade, are usually wrong. First of all, if you upgraded your pc last, 3 years ago, you'd still have DDR2 RAM and currently we're using DDR3. But even if you are upgrading from DDR3 to DDR3, in the last 2 years performance on DDR3 memory modules has also improved, not to mention that 2 year old hardware is still 2 year old hardware.

In other words, if you upgrade your pc and only upgrade certain parts, do not expect them to work together as well as an all-new rig. Especially when your older parts are actually really old.

To the OP:
    The reason, mainly, why you need a 64 bit OS, is because a 32bit system does not support more than 4GB RAM memory. As a result, any MMO that's very heavy on RAM (and all of them are, regardless of memory leaks). would absorb a very large chunk of your system memory, with loss of performance as a result. If you do not have 8GB of memory in your pc right now, going for a 64 bit system is complete nonsense. So be smart about it. Upgrade your pc and your OS at the same time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crazypearce View Post
    well, i can run pretty much any game out at the moment, such as crysis 2, bfbc2, witcher 2, just to name a few, but APB won't run smoothly on lowest. i guess they just didn't optimize the game very well. it could be lag i suppose, as i didn't actually see an fps counter.

anyway, not that big of a deal, because it seemed pretty boring anyway.
    Type /fps in game to see latency/framerates.

Also, the p2p installer(gamersfirst client) you used to install it can be uninstalled once you've set up the game. It is the number one source of issues with the game.
    It is essentially a torrenting program, except it installs extra mal/freeware along with it like Pando's Media Browser.

... im running an i5 2500k(stock) & ATI Radeon 5750HD and i constantly pull 60fps with everything on max(shadows disabled of course)

I've a decent computer (too lazy to list out everything but 4gb ram, 2.2ghz quadcore,nvidia gt220 1gb) and play APb with my m8 and i've barely any lag. The game runs smoothly, with the occasional once an hour lag spike. Dont see the problem but its just me probably
    EDIT: oh and yeah max graphics (set in the options didnt play with the setting outside of that)
    Last edited by arczi68; 2011-06-21 at 05:35 PM.
    i am boycotting wow until i get to play protoss

Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Seriously this game is really nice looking, high tech and has alot going for it, but jesus do we have to get a computer that needs to be able to launch a spaceship in order to run it on reasonable settings.
    Wow that is some amazing low system requirements. Since the NASA shuttles were built in the late 70's and early 80's, even after they upgraded them they use systems from the 1990s. http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/shuttle/...s/dps/gpc.html

So if that's all they need heck even a PC with integrated graphics will do you fine.

Seriously this game is really nice looking, high tech and has alot going for it, but jesus do we have to get a computer that needs to be able to launch a spaceship in order to run it on reasonable settings. I cant even get it to run properly in lowest low settings and I can run mid-high settings in a 25m wow enviorment just fine.

I'd really like to be able to play this game, sounds exactly like GTA mmo style in my opinion and looks like tons of fun. Just wish I didnt have to dump my paycheck into my computer to play it which probably wont happen for just 1 or 2 games. Later on I will for BF3, star wars bf 3, & planetside next but right now...no

Dont see the issue with making lower graphic settings for people who dont load 1k in one sitting into they're computer in the last week
    wow, that a bunch of QQ there. why don't you ask bernie ecclestone to let the teams use bobby carts instead of formula 1 cars, so you can participate? holy moly...

---------- Post added 2011-06-21 at 05:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    Went to go sign up this morning, and start the game. "Like us on facebook for early beta access!"

Then in the dark right below the bright picture (dark grey on black mind you)

Already loving the development team already. /sarcasm
    this is nice. fooling facebook users is always amusing. i like the development team! /nosarcasm,imeanit

Seriously this game is really nice looking, high tech and has alot going for it, but jesus do we have to get a computer that needs to be able to launch a spaceship in order to run it on reasonable settings. I cant even get it to run properly in lowest low settings and I can run mid-high settings in a 25m wow enviorment just fine.
    Not being able to run WoW on max settings in a 25m raid is proof your computer is horrible, for fucks sake my ancient laptop from 08' can max it out and still maintain a good framerate.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not your comp its the server its the buggiest lagiest server in existance

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for the record, a large portion of NASA computers are from the late 70's-80's and therefore could not run APB.