Thread: 150 pet Chevo

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

150 pet Chevo

Now im an avid pet collector and recently was able to get my 125 pets, mind you iv never done Arch and dont plan on doing it, i alos have a few store pets, 1-3, and the Wrath collecters edition pet. I also am missing 3 pets from children's week.

Now counting the available pets, if i spent the next 2 weeks getting these there are 17 i could get, this is assumeing i would level arch for the sole purpose of getting them. Now keep in mind there are 3 pets i didnt put in that number from children's week so there are a total of 20 i could get come next year. My problem is, short of buying pets from the store and getting collectors editions, there is no way someone can get the 150 pet achievement, Blizzard is basically forcing you to purchase store pets or collectors editions to get this. Does anyone else see this as wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Blizzard is basically forcing you to purchase store pets or collectors editions to get this.
    You don't HAVE to get the achievement. And I'm sure there are some very rare pets you can still get, Warcraft Pets shows there are being 198 in-game
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently at 118 pets, and its becoming really hard to keep track of them. Is there any addon that shows the pets we still dont have, and if they're still available, where to get them?

Such a thing exists for mounts, as i had it later in Wotlk, but never saw one for companions...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    I'm currently at 118 pets, and its becoming really hard to keep track of them. Is there any addon that shows the pets we still dont have, and if they're still available, where to get them?

Such a thing exists for mounts, as i had it later in Wotlk, but never saw one for companions...
    Altoholic has a pet feature built into it. There is also a website where you can create a profile and add what pets you have. I think the site is WarcraftPets.com or something like that.

OT: Nobody is forcing you to get any achievement including this one. If you want it, then you will do what is needed to obtain it via unused collectors additions or tcg pets.

Edit: Also there are people who have all 182 of the 198 pets that have/are in game.
    Last edited by Gracin; 2011-05-26 at 01:37 AM.

Collectinator is a decent mod for this purpose.

I use a pen and paper

Also, something to keep in mind. Achievements arent necessarily put in the game so that everyone can get it immediately. Just because it looks tough to get 150 right now, doesnt mean it will be that way in 4.2/4.3.

P.S. Definitely use that Warcraft Pets link from beno's response. great way to track ur progress and see what is possible for you to currently attain.

My pet count is at 108, and I've been slacking.
    I already have the wind rider cub, Lil' Deathwing, core hound pup, and the moonkin hatchling (have to have a dance partner when someone afks). Chances are I'll end up buying more pets anyway.
    My archaeology is 525, so I have no problem looking for the pets there (only found the fossilized hatchling). What I'm not looking forward to is fishing for more pets. XD

But I love that 150 reward, so dammit, Blizzard, I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!

I really don't see this as them forcing you to, I think most people who collect avidly enough to get anywhere near 150 have bought pets already.
    137 mounts and counting.
    Zenali US-Stormscale
    "Once you go troll, you never reroll." - TotalBiscuit

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks a lot guys, ill defo check both the site and the addon

Quote Originally Posted by zeta333 View Post
    Now im an avid pet collector and recently was able to get my 125 pets, mind you iv never done Arch and dont plan on doing it, i alos have a few store pets, 1-3, and the Wrath collecters edition pet. I also am missing 3 pets from children's week.

Now counting the available pets, if i spent the next 2 weeks getting these there are 17 i could get, this is assumeing i would level arch for the sole purpose of getting them. Now keep in mind there are 3 pets i didnt put in that number from children's week so there are a total of 20 i could get come next year. My problem is, short of buying pets from the store and getting collectors editions, there is no way someone can get the 150 pet achievement, Blizzard is basically forcing you to purchase store pets or collectors editions to get this. Does anyone else see this as wrong?

Could you whine a little more about something a little less important? They are not puting it in to give people with 150 pets something new. They're puting it in so when people eventually get to 150 pets there is something there. There are a few people who will get it off the bat, but that is not the intention of the devs. FFS, you sound like a whiny child who got the wrong beanie baby for Christmas.

im at 128 pets, i know at least 11 i can farm from drops ingame, Plus the new pet(s) added for the previous achievements they are backdating thats 13, theres around 4-5 i havent got form archeology yet. and i think about 3 im missing from the alliance side of the AT.
    the achievement is possiable withut buying store pets, Not to mention all the new pets their adding next patch. their hardly forcing you to buy anything Nowever buying them would make it significently easier. Its still a personal choise.

Keep in mind also, if you have 125 pets now, you will have at least 127 when 4.2 goes live (with Nuts and Kaliri)...every little bit helps.

at warcraftpets.com there's a tracker, and they have an addon on curse that will import them onto your profile on the website.

i'm currently at 127 pets, with at least a dozen or so that are rare drops/quest rewards that i'm too lazy to farm atm.

the two pets from the 100 and 125 achievements will help, and there's a pet reward when someone in guild gets the new legendary, albeit probably a long ways away...

If you're only a few pets away, and don't mind spending like $0.99 on ebay, they re-released a TCG version of lil XT and lil KT that are very very common in the card game packs. Both cost me 99 cents on ebay, and they are a different model than the original XT and KT pets(so you can have two XTs and two KTs)
    Last edited by LET JIMMY RAID; 2011-05-26 at 01:56 AM.

chevo, really?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Saddens me lots of pets are from events/real life money crap...

Err, who says you have to get the achievement when it first comes out? Blizzard will probably add more pets in the future making it easier to get over time.

It is not possible to get all the pets from the game without buying store pets or Collectors Edition pets or TCG petes
    Sad Shit ~
    Last edited by ibogdandx; 2011-05-26 at 01:55 AM.

Im in the same boat as you, but I have 141 pets with 7 more available to me (not counting blizzard store/TCG - which I REFUSE to buy) so I am a little short aswell. I missed a ton of pets from holiday events (like the slime from valentines and the two pets from the summer event) but I think with 4.2 they are introducing a lot of new pets so it should make up for that gap.
    Also, collectinator is a awesome addon i would recommend getting it like many others have.

i forget the guys name but there is currently a person with 187 pets or soemthing like that so i guess i will try find a link for you..... but fi someone could help it would be great
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ibogdandx View Post
    It is not possible to get all the pets from the game without buying store pets or Collectors Edition pets or TCG petes
    Sad Shit ~
    Or without managing to live in every region and having gone to every past Blizzard event.

Also, wtf is always up with WarcraftPets. It is the slowest damn site ever.