1v1 Arena (Same class only option)

Who else thinks it would be cool to have a 2v2 equivalent, 1v1 arena bracket? Yeah yeah, i know you could just go "duel" but half the time places are barren or no one wants to duel. I think it would beneficial just because it would teach you out to counter your own class AND would give you the opportunity to find strengths/weaknesses from other classes for your serious arena brackets. Thoughts?

1v1 skirms would be cool

10+ Year Old Account
    You'd end up with one of the 9 nigh impossible to kill specs trolling everyone else with 45 minute matches. Soloing a geared healer or tank is kinda boring.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    You'd end up with one of the 9 nigh impossible to kill specs trolling everyone else with 45 minute matches. Soloing a geared healer or tank is kinda boring.
    This, and maybe what Tonoria said. I wouldn't mind playing around with some 1v1 skirmishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    yeah that is true.. but that is some of the reasoning as to why i want it in the first place. i mainly want the same class option

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been dying to see this happen since Arenas were first introduced. While it is true that you'd see a lot of certain class/specs that are really ridiculous 1v1 (like Blood DK) but to me it's still way worth it, and the truly skilled players will still come out on top against the lesser ones.

Insta rdruid and rsham glad. gogogo

Honestly I think it would just degenerate into everyone speccing and gearing into pure survival oriented duel specs/gear sets which would enable 45 min draws pretty much every match.

That's what happens when people are allowed to spec and gear that way in competitive duels on the arena tournament realm among the top players in the old Ming dueling tournaments (he disallowed it ofc so there would be actual winners).

Kind of sucks, but people will always kill the fun if they can.

This would be pretty cool as a skirm only option tho. There are plenty of times when there's no one to duel outside SW and i want to practice. Even if it only matched you up vs your same class id enjoy it. IMO you couldnt offer any type of reward or points for it, because like people already said, to many unkillable specs would troll everyone
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

i'd love this
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as 2v2 isn't rewarding at all, a 1v1 bracket isn't such a stupid idea anymore tbh.

If it would give you the same rewards (none, except points and achievements) I can't see what the problem would be, other than the fact that it will be completely unbalanced and Blood DK's will be the no. 1 spec, followed by Frost DK's, Unholy DK's, Feral Druids, Rogues and Frost Mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like it, but it'd have to be DPS vs DPS only, I'd shoot myself if I was against a very geared and skilled healer 1v1...60 minutes later >_>

Blood DK vs Blood DK.

AND....GO!