Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I know Slovenia is by Austria and use to be part of Yugoslavia. That's the extent of my knowledge there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruthemann View Post
    OMG. That was good. ofc we have our temperature like that but there is couple of weeks in summer that there is +30-35 and There is couple of weeks when there is like -30.
    I don't believe HazardYo is American... He's cheating for us in that regard... ask another.

Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    here's an easy question for all you american viewers:

do you know anything about Slovenia and where it is?
    Thats one of the many many lil eastern European countries right?
    Only thing I know about it really is that Laibach is from there.
    Individuals are not simple. They cannot be defined for easy reference in the manner of:The elves are a lithe, pointy-eared people who excel at poverty.

Deleted
    2. Horrible teeth
    What's the deal with US stereotypes regarding European's hygiene?

Quote Originally Posted by Tearor View Post
    So they didn't wanna pay for the British wars against the French? In general, that stil falls under "they wanted independence from Britain" for me. The wish for independence always results out of some kind of repression or conflict.
    To begin with, England allowed the colonies to live their own lifestyle, create governments and what not. They were perfectly fine leaving us be. The southern colonists were ruining the land by growing tobacco and not treating the land right (there's a term for it, but I can't remember), so this ruined the land. They wanted to move into the Ohio River Valley where the French were. So we went to war, enlisting England's help. Basically, we won the war, got the land, and England told us from the start we would pay 10% (or 20% can't remember rightly) for the cost of war, and England would pay the rest. We pissed and moan about that afterward, so England decided to tax the colonists since they refused to pay. So yes, the colonists fought for "independence". However that was an illusion since we were practically independent before the French and Indian War. In truth, the colonists didn't deserve "independence" since they had to pay back something England did for us, and we just pissed and moaned. *shrugs*

15+ Year Old Account
    Enough US vs EU flamewar for today thanks.