Archaeology site pops frustration

All right so here's the deal, in 4.1 blues said that if you have all the rares from a particular Race, then sites for those races will have a "much smaller" chance of occuring. I have yet to find this to be the case, as I finally got my last Rare for Night Elves, and on 2 occasions now I've had my map full of all 4 NE sites. Similarly, after some switching to EK sites, my sites recently turned into 3/4 Troll, and I have Dwarf and Fossil (and Nerubian, almost forgot) rares still to get.

Now, I know there are a lot of possible NE sites in Kalimdor, but I thought the coding change was supposed to fix this. I was looking forward to finishing grinding my Tol'vir once I got either Fossil or NE finished, but it just doesn't seem so far that I'm getting any fewer NE sites. I guess I was misunderstanding how the "much smaller" chance is actually functioning, since there are plenty of Tol'vir, Fossil, and even 1 or 2 Dwarf sites in Kalimdor. I would have thought now I'd see maybe 1 NE site for every 5 site clears, but it's pretty much every other one still. Does anyone know if this is just really, really bad RNG that I'm getting despite the "fix", or if it's not working as intended?
    "I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?"

-The Doctor, Voyage of the Damned

There is a change to the rate at which you get the sites, but it just isnt as big of a change most people would of wanted. Before the patch I was getting about 21% tol'vir, after i'm getting about 42%.

Deleted
    Even though there's still quite a few NE digsites I noticed a change and got a lot more Tol'vir after the patch.
    RNG is RNG, I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just wish digsites stopped spawning in Azshara

Usually, I tend to get a bit of Night Elf and fossil, will portal to Hyjal, work towards the south, and then hearth back to SW to use the portal to Uldum. It seems whenever I finish digging up a site that's further north, I get Tol'vir. Best thing to happen yet was to have 10 Tol'vir digsite before I had to leave Uldum again. It's definitely got better from the spawn ratio, but I still hate getting Azshara spawns, mostly because it's so far off any decent flying route.

Quote Originally Posted by Seriss View Post
    I just wish digsites stopped spawning in Azshara

Usually, I tend to get a bit of Night Elf and fossil, will portal to Hyjal, work towards the south, and then hearth back to SW to use the portal to Uldum. It seems whenever I finish digging up a site that's further north, I get Tol'vir. Best thing to happen yet was to have 10 Tol'vir digsite before I had to leave Uldum again. It's definitely got better from the spawn ratio, but I still hate getting Azshara spawns, mostly because it's so far off any decent flying route.
    Excluding Vash, which they thankfully removed. Azshara (as Alliance) and that really big river one up in Hillsbrad are at the top of the worst sites list. Dire Maul used to be on there, but they seemed to have moved that node that was outside the dig site bounderies so you can actually complete the site now.

RNG likes its irony. I got my Alch up enough to get Tol'vir, since i'm an Alch i want the common's over the rares so what happens, a few commons in I get the Scarb Rare. >_< Not only a 150 fraq rare but the worst of the lot. *sigh*