Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    See what it comes down to is that your STRATEGY failed. There are many posts here which give you a way of overcoming DK healing. Just because it doesn't fit with you current play strategy is not reason to adjust DS. I think the hints in this post should give you (and your DK partner) tips on how to handle DKs in the future....if anyhting you have got more out of this post with those tips than anyhthing else...I hope you are "big" enough to learn from them because there is good info there.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    So you have noticed that Glyph of Dark Succor means they can use Death Strike to heal themselves. The fact that this replaces them being able to do most of their damage, and Runes have a cooldown before recharging didn't seem to occur to you. Neither did kiting the Death Knight so he couldn't use Death Strike to heal at all.
    ^^ Wise guy, ever heard of kite?
    \

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwnpaw View Post
    Yes Heroic Leap with its 1minute CD is obviously superior to having a Ranged root/60% slow with no cooldown, Africa Grip and immunity to magic debuffs, fears, charms and stuns.
    Exactly. People saying DK mobility is shit really have no idea how to play their class. Really.

Quote Originally Posted by Draphen View Post
    Heyo comrades ,

I would like to tell you a little story.

I just faced a mirror DK/Priest in 2s. Roughly 1800 mmr, their side was geared alot more than us.

Anywho, after about 7-8 minutes we managed to kill the priest after winning the mana burn war, whilst this dk was pounding 22ks into me, I felt that we had a victory.

So it came down to 2v1 - My partner's deathknight who is in full bloodthirsty gear, my priest that was just short of full bloodthirsty, and an advisory DK in full vicious.

Our victory wasn't assured, this DK wasn't going down with a fight, he managed to get me down several times to the lower 30ks, but my partner was still hammering him to justice.

That's when he started to use deathstrike, and oh my god, it was ridiculous.

The DK managed to heal through my partners burst like it was a gust of wind, and still had the capability to destroy me.

After about 15 minutes, the DK finally got me and then destroyed my partner.

It wasn't till after this traumatising event I actually got annoyed. Reading the end game results, the DK managed to double my healing, me doing 60 million, and him doing close to 120 million.

I know what you may be thinking "lol noob l2p fakecast herp". But I fakecasted every single mindfreeze - I always was able to cast. The fact was that the DK was able to pretty much solo us. Heck, the priest could've just sat back and carried on with his knitting.

Warriors, sure they have DMG, but they cant self heal as consistently.
    Paladins can word of glory, but every 20 seconds, im not bothered.

But that dk just ruined my soul, I am now always going to fear when i see a dk pop out those arena doors.

I hope you have enjoyed my tale.

TL;DR: DK dmg is livable, but it's healing aint.

/rant over.
    Your partner failed you hard. It's called Necrotic Strike. Have him put it on his action bar.
    And if he was spending every frost/unholy rune on Death Strikes, his damage should have been noticeably less.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should really have had that...2v1..in that gear? I'm sorry, I really am but that isn't about self healing that's about skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This thread seems to be filled with DKs defending there self healing, and/or people that say they are not DKs, but really are.

The only time people treat someone else this way about a class complaint is when they are secretly defending their own class by saying, "derrr you were suppose to do A or Y, noob"

To the OP, many, many people feel your pain. Don't listen to the flamers. Take the useful peoples advice and apply it to your next encounter, but the people being offensive about it are the people that play DKs and most likely couldn't even do what they say the counter is themselves if they were up against another DK.

I have seen it so many times, someone who knows their class and how to counter it in theory, but is completely unable to counter it in practice.

DK self-healing is very powerful and easily accessible. Everyone knows it will be nerfed eventually.

DK self healing was probably tied for weakest until Glyph of Dark Succor.
    Now people like to bitch and moan that it is over the top. As other's have pointed out, if a DK is doing nothing but Death Strikes, you are failing at kiting, and their DPS is lower than what it should be.

I have 6 85's 2 ranged, and 4 melee. EVERY SINGLE arena game I finish I check the healing done by every character/class in the match.
    Why? Because I'm paranoid about certain classes having an unfair advantage.

Rogues and Warriors BOTH are putting out just as much healing as Death Knights. Ret Paladins not so much now days with the WoG CD nerf, they tend to just try and blow you up 1st instead of trying to survive.
    Ferals and Enhancement shaman (ironically 2 classes that have HEALING Spells) are usually behind DK's/Warriors/Rogues.

A Death Knight has a tool for most situations, but then again so do several other classes. I think people just need to learn how to play against a DK, instead of whining for nerfs.
    Last time Death Knights really needed nerfs was at the start of Wrath, when a Death Knight/Ret Pally team would be almost assured of reaching Gladiator.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright. I guess it isn't clear enough. Posting a thread to unconstructively whine about something will get the thread locked and the OP will get an infraction, as will everyone else who whines excessively, trolls or flames.

EDIT: Also- Dark Succor nerfed to DA GROUND

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Glyphs
    • Glyph of Dark Succor has been redesigned. Rather than placing a 15% maximum health floor on Death Strike healing while in Frost or Unholy Presence, it causes the next Death Strike within 15 seconds after killing a foe that yields experience or Honor Points to heal for at least 20% of the death knight's maximum health.
    Last edited by Stanton Biston; 2011-05-26 at 09:44 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE