Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Lion King 3D!

I can't wait for this to come out! It'll bring back my childhood!

"When people get hurt, they learn to hate... when people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. but knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow... and how you grow is up to you."

10+ Year Old Account
    The circle of life is that all movies both new and old eventually comes out in 3D.
    "When did you forsake yourselves?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Titanic 3D comes out next year. >.<

To be totally honest I'm a bit fed up by the whole 3D hyping of all movies, a lot of new movies feast on the fact that it is 3D and people will therefore be more amazed by it I mean it's not yet gotten to the point of where it's the next coloured TV it's more of a gimmick that people are trying to slap onto something to milk out a bit more cash, I do truly prefer for it to be in the normal old way..
    I mean If I wanna watch Lion King again (I mean cmon it's awesome) It's not going to be because it just came out in 3D

Quote Originally Posted by Dunee View Post
    To be totally honest I'm a bit fed up by the whole 3D hyping of all movies, a lot of new movies feast on the fact that it is 3D and people will therefore be more amazed by it I mean it's not yet gotten to the point of where it's the next coloured TV it's more of a gimmick that people are trying to slap onto something to milk out a bit more cash, I do truly prefer for it to be in the normal old way..
    I mean If I wanna watch Lion King again (I mean cmon it's awesome) It's not going to be because it just came out in 3D
    People have said the same thing every time there is a change. The exact same argument was done about widescreen when it came out. Some people just don't like change and will complain about everything.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ogretron View Post
    People have said the same thing every time there is a change. The exact same argument was done about widescreen when it came out. Some people just don't like change and will complain about everything.
    Well, 3D has been out for awhile, I still remember those awful red/blue glasses that would make it "3D". I do like the new glasses and the 3D really isn't that bad, on a few movies. But imo, it's not really change, I for one do not want that to be the future of movies, it's expensive, it's most of the time unnecessary, and on top of that, it's not really 3D

I'm wicked excited. Don't really care if it's 3D or not, but seeing it on the big screen is just too good to pass up. I'm a huge Lion King fan.

This is disgusting. 3D ruins movies. The Lion King is one of the best movies Disney has ever created, and now it will be destroyed by 3D hungry producers. Walt would be turning in his grave if he saw already what his company has become. Jonas Brothers and Hannah Montana? A once child friendly company has now turned into money hungry fiends who want nothing more than to make money, not make children happy.

Putting The Lion King back in theaters without 3D will still attract attention. It's just that good of a movie.
    Last edited by Gannicus; 2011-05-27 at 01:06 AM.
    "Come...the task should not be that difficult; I need only direct my blades towards the smell of shit."

"It is a curse.. being blessed with so much to offer."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    Titanic 3D comes out next year. >.<
    i´ll get a bomb and set the stage on fire.... what a crappy movie.. no hard nipples in the cold water *brrrrrr*

anyway, the lion king. i had so much fear and hope in a fictional movie than usual. it was my childhood. the movie was and is awesome. i dont need any crappy cameron 3d utilization

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aun View Post
    i´ll get a bomb and set the stage on fire.... what a crappy movie.. no hard nipples in the cold water *brrrrrr*

anyway, the lion king. i had so much fear and hope in a fictional movie than usual. it was my childhood. the movie was and is awesome. i dont need any crappy cameron 3d utilization

Yup, but it's true http://screenrant.com/titanic-3d-201...se-ross-67246/ Why it needs to be in 3D...I have no idea. There's like one scene in there that last like 5 seconds that would look really cool in 3D, not worth a conversion, nor anyone's time, or money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta milk a franchise for all it's worth...

Deleted
    it´s like resident evil afterlive for my opinion. there were only 2 or 3 scenes that were realy enjoyable in 3d. the rest was a waste of money just for the mercenaries in hollywood.not that the movie was that bad as an old fan but.... ( i mean re not titanic...).
    Last edited by mmocf024a4d836; 2011-05-27 at 01:46 AM.

I'm more hyped for the bluray version coming soon, with the best possible video and sound quality, to the most epic animated movie ever. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it.

Back in the days, 3D movies were made especially for 3D. They actually had something coming up on your face and scaring you and whatnot. Nowadays they just make it so they can earn more than they should.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm in agreement with the whole "don't make every freaking movie a 3D movie concept", but come on...this is the Mother effing Lion King! I'm just excited to see it back on the big screen.
    "When people get hurt, they learn to hate... when people hurt others, they become hated and racked with guilt. but knowing that pain allows people to be kind. Pain allows people to grow... and how you grow is up to you."

I will be seeing this, not because its in 3D, but because it is one of the greatest movies of all time. I just want to see it on the big screen again. Last time I saw it on the big screen I was like 4 years old.

3d is such an overplayed gimmick...

i'd rather watch in clear crisp blu-ray high definition where it won't give me a headache and still look amazing, but that's just my humble opinion
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

Hmmm.....Its going to be part of the Blu Ray combo pack?

I know they are definantly releasing the blu ray this fall, if this is part of it that kind of sucks. 3D TVS are still too expensive for many people to really own them.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    sigh... more 3d bullshit... the original was great.. now its gonna be a gimmick filled puke fest. Seriously enough with the damn 3d bullshit already.. it doesnt enhance films it just makes you go oh.. so thats gonna look crappy on the bluray...

Quote Originally Posted by Caylis View Post
    sigh... more 3d bullshit... the original was great.. now its gonna be a gimmick filled puke fest. Seriously enough with the damn 3d bullshit already.. it doesnt enhance films it just makes you go oh.. so thats gonna look crappy on the bluray...
    The lion king is a timeless classic. Just because a giraffe head or two swings at the screen doesnt mean the movie will be turned into a puke fest...