Problems with lava on nefarian

My guild is currently working on nefarian, and last week it went fairly smooth went some low % wipes. Came back this week and now for some unknown reason (only for me) the lava doesn't appear for me as quickly as everyone else. As in, they'll already be on top of the pillar by the time the room starts to fill up for me. Obviously because of this I'm taking damage from the lava (generally 10 stacks by the time I actually see the lava pouring into the room) and can't make it up t the pillar before dying. I've tried relogging, disabling addons, restarting my computer, and now am awaiting a ticket response. Any ideas? Or have you heard of this happening to anyone else? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We haven't had anyone NOT able to see the lava or have lag with it, but people have been getting stuck on the edge of the platform this week that never get stuck on it any other week.

Do you have outstandingly bad latency? That's the only reason I've heard of this happening.

Thats really odd. I dont know what to tell you, but dont worry you arent the only one getting buggy issues with the lava. Actually in my guild we have a paladin who can do the exact opposite of you. He is able to begin swimming up before the lava even is at his feet, never gets on the pillar with a stack. Its weird. Those pillars are so damn glitchy. If you ever are rezed from dieing on it during phase 2, and your guild transitions into phase 3 before the rez is cast, you will rez inside the pillar with lava around which will kill you. Thats the bug experience ive had with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    noone in our guild had this issue yesterday
    have you tired repairing your world of warcraft or contacting a gm and what is your latency?

no, haven't tried the repair. and no latency at all. just the slow to fill room. I'll try repair and see if that helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kynd View Post
    Thats really odd. I dont know what to tell you, but dont worry you arent the only one getting buggy issues with the lava. Actually in my guild we have a paladin who can do the exact opposite of you. He is able to begin swimming up before the lava even is at his feet, never gets on the pillar with a stack. Its weird. Those pillars are so damn glitchy. If you ever are rezed from dieing on it during phase 2, and your guild transitions into phase 3 before the rez is cast, you will rez inside the pillar with lava around which will kill you. Thats the bug experience ive had with it.
    Isn't that because not the lava is rising but the platform is lowering and so you are rezzed in the pillar after it rose up again?

We have had various issues with this encounter the past week. Random DCs, major lag spikes, some weirdness jumping on the platform, you name it, the encounter is just buggy.

If I had to guess I would say that 30-40% of our attempts have been affected by random DCs and or major lag spikes.

The bugs in this fight are much harder to overcome than the simple mechanics.

I am having the same exact problem during this encounter and phase.

I had opened up a ticket last night about an issue I was having during raid for a few weeks now. I came on today to find that it had no reply, was just closed and ignored. So I decided to come searching for something about on the wow forums as well as mmo-champion's forums, and to post about my problem too.

During the Nefarian fight, it seems like my character isn't registering/seeing the lava during phase 2 but still taking damage from it. I would press my space bar, and she's only jumping up & down like she's on ground.

I've done everything, updated drivers (all of which are up-to-date), ran client repairs, turned things in my options on/off, turned my graphics up/down, turned off my firewall, turned off addons and kept the ones that my guildies (who are not having problems with the lava) are using on.

Hopefully, I'll get a response back sometime soon. I don't want to be the one holding my guild back nor do I want to miss out on not downing Nefarian.

Here are some pictures of what I see during that moment of the fight. I labeled everything, so hopefully that helps you see the problem I am having.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9...aproblems1.jpg
    http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1...aproblems2.jpg

Melee attack bound to 1? Wing Clip to 2? Raptor strike to 3? ARGH my eyes!

Fix your keybinds and the karma gods will fix your lava problems!

On a more serious note good luck with your problem. We're off to hm Nef attempts on Sunday and definitely don't look forward to having to overcome buggy mechanics on top of everything else.

I did him last night and didn't notice any problems, but we have had problems before when someone had really bad lag.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

I also had this problem on heroic nef a few weeks ago. My latency was fine, usually around 30ms, and my graphics are all set to Ultra. At the transition to phase two, I would see my teammates up on top of the pillar, but the lava hadn't started filling up the room on my screen, after a few seconds delay, it eventually appeared, and I was able to swim up and ice block off my cauterize proc......very frustrating. Happened two attempts in a row, but hasn't happened since.

Deleted
    We had same problem with one of our dps on nef , what he did was restarting his computer and it didn't help much, after that he restarted again and turned off his addons and it helped.

I had this happen one try a month or so ago, didn't happen again though .

Deleted
    Are you using an addon such as Skinner?

I remember when I used it in WotLK I had some trouble with water not appearing where it should be so I could be swimming but the start of the water would be infront of me on my screen.
    Try running the fight with 0 addons and see if this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Focault View Post
    Melee attack bound to 1? Wing Clip to 2? Raptor strike to 3? ARGH my eyes!

Fix your keybinds and the karma gods will fix your lava problems!

On a more serious note good luck with your problem. We're off to hm Nef attempts on Sunday and definitely don't look forward to having to overcome buggy mechanics on top of everything else.
    Might be cuse he uses an UI but has em turned off at the time the pic was taken? or he uses some kinda of gaming device?

---------- Post added 2011-05-27 at 11:04 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mctard View Post
    Are you using an addon such as Skinner?

I remember when I used it in WotLK I had some trouble with water not appearing where it should be so I could be swimming but the start of the water would be infront of me on my screen.
    Try running the fight with 0 addons and see if this helps.
    This, a bud of mine had the same problem and i also had the same problem (thought i DCed when the lava came -.-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rykia View Post

Here are some pictures of what I see during that moment of the fight. I labeled everything, so hopefully that helps you see the problem I am having.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/9...aproblems1.jpg
    http://img835.imageshack.us/img835/1...aproblems2.jpg

Using timewarp in phase 1? why lol