New Build - Looking for Advice (Again)

Hey guy thanks for taking a look

I have spent a good amount of time doing some research on my own to try to build a comp for 1800$ (With tax+shipping) This is what I got, i was hopping someone could tell me if i screwed up (I know i did somewhere) I have no intrest in building it myself that's why i picked this store they build it for you.

1. What YOUR PC will be used for. That means what types of tasks you'll be performing.
    Gaming (ES 5 anyone??) / Video Recording - Editing / Live Streams

2. What YOUR budget is. A price range is acceptable as long as it's not more than a 20% spread
    1800-2000 (MAX with tax+shipping)

3. What country YOU will be buying YOUR parts from.
    Canada

4. IF YOU have a brand preference. That means, are you an Intel-Fanboy, AMD-Fanboy, ATI-Fanboy, nVidia-Fanboy, Seagate-Fanboy, WD-Fanboy, etc, etc, etc, you get the picture.
    I Knew nothing before i stared this buy Intel and nVidia have always been my fav.

5. If YOU intend on using any of YOUR current parts, and if so, what those parts are.
    Non

6. IF YOU have searched and/or read similar threads.
    Many many, still a little confused.

7. IF YOU plan on overclocking or run the system at default speeds.
    Not at the start no but i want some that can be OC if i so wish.

8. WHEN do you plan to build it?
    Within a mouth. (This week if i can)

9. What resolution do you use?
    1920x1080

Alright so here is my build.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/849/ncixcomp.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/193/ncixcomp2.png/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/837/ncixcomp3.png/

O and i used a template from a diff forum to give you guys some extra info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks fine to me. As long as WoW is on your SSD, your Caviar Black will make recording a breeze. I might consider getting a Z68 motherboard and a full sized (Haf-X esq.) case for the added room, but hey, it's your money.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Looks fine to me. As long as WoW is on your SSD, your Caviar Black will make recording a breeze. I might consider getting a Z68 motherboard and a full sized (Haf-X esq.) case for the added room, but hey, it's your money.
    Both a Z68 and a 32 i believe where in my build just before i changed it today. I dont really see the point in a Z68 and with the parts i picked i get a 60$ off with the P version. As for the case i dont want it to be HUGE but if i need more space i would get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Z68 renders video faster with Intel QuickSync.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if Newegg.com delivers to Canada, but if they do I recommend buying from them. If I'm not mistaken you can get the motherboard, graphics card, Case, CPU and the RAM all for cheaper there. If you want you could also reference newegg when trying to get them to match the price. Should knock a few hundred bucks off your total.

Proud Member of Respected and Despised (SWTOR USA PST Empire).
    Dark Days are Coming....

Quote Originally Posted by Cavus View Post
    I'm not sure if Newegg.com delivers to Canada, but if they do I recommend buying from them. If I'm not mistaken you can get the motherboard, graphics card, Case, CPU and the RAM all for cheaper there. If you want you could also reference newegg when trying to get them to match the price. Should knock a few hundred bucks off your total.
    They do but im not sure if they build the computer too. If they dont i have no interest in building it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I'd mention, are you sure 650 watts covers both what you have now, and any possible future additions?

Quote Originally Posted by Maharishi View Post
    Only thing I'd mention, are you sure 650 watts covers both what you have now, and any possible future additions?
    Ha thats something i really hoped someone would comment on! I have no idea! I think it is fine for what i picked but if i want to upgrade anything later on i have no idea. There was a much better power supple at 750 but it soldout. Any suggestions would be great.
    Last edited by Darger; 2011-05-27 at 02:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darger View Post
    Ha thats something i really hoped someone would comment on! I have no idea! I think it is fine for what i picked but if i want to upgrade anything later on i have no idea. There was a much better power supple at 750 but it soldout. Any suggestions would be great.
    650w isn't amazing, especially if you add components in the future that then require additional cooling. However if it is the only thing between you and ordering the system, the psu is absolutely replaceable, just keep in mind possible additional expense down the road.

Edit:
    Stumbled across this: http://support.asus.com/PowerSupply.aspx?SLanguage=en
    Last edited by Maharishi; 2011-05-27 at 04:21 AM.

650w isn't amazing, especially if you add components in the future that then require additional cooling. However if it is the only thing between you and ordering the system, the psu is absolutely replaceable, just keep in mind possible additional expense down the road.

Edit:
    Stumbled across this: http://support.asus.com/PowerSupply.aspx?SLanguage=en
    Unless he intends to fire up a spaceship with his PSU the Corsair TX650w will be perfectly fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Or run dual graphics cards, that alone can push a 650w psu.

Or run dual graphics cards, that alone can push a 650w psu.
    I know the TX 650w has 53A on the +12v, and a single card should only be pushing in the range of 25. Still, that'd be a bit marginal I agree; the 750w edition may be a better choice for that purpose, or find a multi +12v that doesn't suck on amps distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkenvalley View Post
    I know the TX 650w has 53A on the +12v, and a single card should only be pushing in the range of 25.
    It's less tan 21 even for a GTX580. Only the dual GPU cards, like GTX590 or HD6990, consume more than 25A. In this case both are around 30A.
    Though, I'm sure a TX650 can handle a GTX590.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2011-05-27 at 08:08 AM.

Is there any really good reason you are choosing to spend the extra $$ on a 2600k over a 2500k? The performance per $ spent does not appear worth it. Since you are only getting a single 1tb hdd and a small ssd, I tend to think your video work you mention is actually rather minimal and not really something you're doing constantly. Hence less need to go to the 2600k. And since you're not going with a z68 mobo this further confirms my thought.

pricing example: newegg, 2600k = $314usd, 2500k = $224usd. a substantial difference for the performance per $ value.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    It's less tan 21 even for a GTX580. Only the dual GPU cards, like GTX590 or HD6990, consume more than 25A. In this case both are around 30A.
    Though, I'm sure a TX650 can handle a GTX590.
    Right. The more you know, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman View Post
    Is there any really good reason you are choosing to spend the extra $$ on a 2600k over a 2500k? The performance per $ spent does not appear worth it. Since you are only getting a single 1tb hdd and a small ssd, I tend to think your video work you mention is actually rather minimal and not really something you're doing constantly. Hence less need to go to the 2600k. And since you're not going with a z68 mobo this further confirms my thought.

pricing example: newegg, 2600k = $314usd, 2500k = $224usd. a substantial difference for the performance per $ value.
    I heard the K version you can OC and even tho i dont plan to right away i do want to be able to + I want it to be as good as i can make it for video recording / encoding that is within my budget, i will soon be buying a 2nd HD and later a bigger ssd.

As for for the power supply i guess i can put a little more money in and get a 750 is only about 20-30$ more.