Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Unhappy So I Need a New Mouse Soon...

My mouse is going dead atm (left click is going out since I click.... a LOT) so I will need a new one before this one is completely useless. The thing is... there are a few preferences that I would like to meet before choosing:

1. must be built solid both externally (in case of dropping) and internally (for my click spamming while playing.... don't judge me)
    2. can be the old roller type (the one with the ball) or optical, but would prefer optical
    3. must be very accurate for gaming purposes and must also roll/slide smoothly (maybe a recommended mousepad will help)
    4. must be at least somewhat ergonomic... a default mouse design just won't do
    5. would prefer to have something without the side buttons (I probably wouldn't use them) but I can deal with forward/back buttons as long as they arent too close to my thumb
    6. would prefer a corded mouse since I have wireless internet and a new wireless headset (and 3D glasses that I use from time to time) but I can put up with a wireless one as long as it is rechargable

so.. any suggestions?
    Oh yes, there is a method to my madness O.o
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We generally consider 0 / 0 / 71 builds to be a failure.
    ^win

MX 518, cheap, comfortable and I've been using it hardcore for 5 years and it still works just as well as when I bought it.

Deleted
    Logitexh MX518, hands down. My #1 choice of "weapon" with Razer DeathAdder as #2. Naga is great if you want the buttons but if you don't, go for the MX518 or DA

Steelseries - Ikari Laser or Optical

I love my A4-Tech X7:
    Feral dps :3
    Bring back ArP rating!

10+ Year Old Account
    Logitech MX518 like those above me said. Been (ab)using it for years! Still works excellently, is deadaccurate, optical, ergonomic and corded. Also has the forward/backward thumbbuttons that don't get in the way. Has a little "+" and "-" button to dynamicly adjust the sensitivity and a button to quickly switch between active windows/applications. All placed well so you don't accidentally press them.

Last edited by Vayshan; 2011-05-27 at 01:22 PM.

after 6 years of the the mx518, i recently switched over to the razer naga and i'm loving it

If you want to go hardcore you can use this piece of granite.

Personally, I'm using A4Tech X-750F.

Not too different from one another though I suppose.

Then there's this beast.

Personally, I think I'll stay with the A4Tech X-750F. Despite many hasty greetings with gravity and floor it's still in perfect working order. It also has a separate button for adjusting the DPI rate, so you can casually settle that. >>
    Last edited by Drunkenvalley; 2011-05-27 at 01:23 PM.

The MX518 is great. I have used mine for a year and a half now, and recently bought another one for my other computer. In my opinion, it passes all of your requirements. It is not that expensive either.

Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    after 6 years of the the mx518, i recently switched over to the razer naga and i'm loving it
    The OP did say he didn't want more than 2 side buttons, you gave him 14...

I have been through more than a country cat

My all time favs have been:

- The SideWinder X8 - Best of both, looks uncomfortable but is actually on par with Razer Mamba for the comfort factor and has the accuracy of a moose on steroids.
    - The Razer Mamba - MMO / Strategy Games (comfy to hold for long periods of time)
    - The Logitech MX518 - FPS ownage - dead accurate and a slightly smaller mouse, easier to move around a mouse pad than most of the new big designed ones.

so it looks like a lot of people are saying the MX518... but while searching I also found http://www.logitech.com/en-hk/gaming...s/devices/5092

anythoughts on this one?
    ^win

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracka_Bob View Post
    so it looks like a lot of people are saying the MX518... but while searching I also found http://www.logitech.com/en-hk/gaming...s/devices/5092

anythoughts on this one?
    Can't say much about that one, but it has been getting good reviews as well. If your choice would be between the MX518 and the G9X, I'd say let your wallet or sense of looks decide. I do believe the G9X is 2-3 times as expensive as the MX518 is though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been using the MX500 for years now, amazing mouse, still working has if it was new, only the paint wear gives it away. whenever it brakes, if it ever will!! Ill get the same model straight away or the 518.
    “The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than in the church”

-Ferdinand Magellan (1480 – 1521)

Logitech G500 is amazing, its basically an upgraded MX518, but that one works just as well.

The Logitech MX518 is the best mouse I have ever owned. Hands down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer Naga! You'll be clicking macro buttons instead and it has 5600 dpi.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulthor View Post
    Razer Naga! You'll be clicking macro buttons instead and it has 5600 dpi.
    someone didn't read my whole post
    ^win

Roccat Kone.

I cant post links yet but that mouse is fantastic. I have had it for over a year now and I use it daily . no signs of wear at all.

love this mouse. feels great in my hand, slides like butter on a frying pan , and has a ton of options as far as dpi, surface configration, customizable lights / weights etc etc.