The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account

Brand new computer :]

Okey, I need some help for choosing my new gaming computer, I want a computer that could run Rift at 60 fps in the main city or at least very good frames. I have a budget of 2670 dollar so yeah. I don't want any parts for Nvidia, I've lost my trust in them after countless of crap graphic cards for the price. I'd like one from radeon or two, i would really appreciate it if you could come with a few tips or advices. I'm not going to be home before 20.30. i hope at least you can come up with some cool example or ideas to this gaming computer!

Thanks alot

Before I go off and make up a list, please tell me you're going to use this for more then just Rift? You could make a computer that runs rift at 60fps for a heck of a lot less.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by muCephei View Post
    Before I go off and make up a list, please tell me you're going to use this for more then just Rift? You could make a computer that runs rift at 60fps for a heck of a lot less.
    Well I'm not only going to play rift, I'l try out crysis 2, gw2 and loads of other games that requires a good computer, but of course also my old games. I'd just want to make sure this computer lasts for at least 1-2 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Overkill:
    What would realistically accomplish your needs:
    If you aren't comfortable building it yourself or don't want to try, talk to a local shop about assembling it for you
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Overkill:

What would realistically accomplish your needs:

If you aren't comfortable building it yourself or don't want to try, talk to a local shop about assembling it for you
    Thanks alot for the help! You really helped me out there

15+ Year Old Account
    Both of those will easily last 2 years, bottom one probably 3 effective before you notice not-par performance in games, but they will still be easily playable on medium settings. top one probably 4 before the same thing happens.
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Deleted
    Just wondering here. Why would you suggest a case which is 250 dollar when there are plenty of cases which are good enough for 100-150 dollar??

Just wondering, not critizing. I have seen it a couple of times and im wondering why ^^

Deleted
    More expensive cases generally speaking, mean better cooling, or they're more attractive. The Fortress comes with tool-less upgrading systems in place, 11 drive bays, 4 fans, and an abnormal motherboard setup rig. If you think it doesn't warrant paying for this kind of case, get the cheapo one

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    Just wondering here. Why would you suggest a case which is 250 dollar when there are plenty of cases which are good enough for 100-150 dollar??

Just wondering, not critizing. I have seen it a couple of times and im wondering why ^^
    I just love how it looks. I've never tried the whole 'sideways' setup the case has, but if he has money to spare why not

I pretty much agree with Demon's suggested builds. The only things I would change are:

Overkill
    GPU: MSI HD 6970 Lightning - I just prefer a strong single GPU solution versus SLI or Crossfire setups.
    RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB (2x4GB) 1600mhz - Same speed, quality and size, but cheaper right now, and will match the color scheme of the motherboard.
    PSU: Corsair AX750 - Actually the same unit under the Corsair branding, but cheaper overall with rebate.
    CASE: Corsair Graphite White 600T or Silverstone Raven 2 - I love the construction, design, and features on both of these, but I slightly favor 600T because of its integrated fan controller, easy access panels, and front side USB 3.0 port. I also love the new white on black color scheme that Corsair put on it.
    CPUHS: Antec Kuhler H20 920 - It's the same Asetek made unit as the H70, but with superior fans and more flexible tubing. It also has some very nice control features via its software package and plugging it into one of the spare USB headers on the MB. The lighted antec logo with variable color doesn't hurt either.
    Last edited by Dizey; 2011-05-27 at 10:59 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The 600T is a beautiful case. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    The 600T is a beautiful case. <3
    Yes it is, a little wide for me. I just got the 650T though and its really nice. The only downside is its not the 600T cable management I wish it was but its very good still.

congrats
    i have a old comp which is around 3+ yrs old