Pets - Professions

Quick question which I'm pretty sure is the case, but just want to verify:

If I go enchanting/engineering and get the pets for myself, then respec enchanting/engineering to something like blacksmithing/herbalism, will my achievements still count the pets (and mounts like the flying carpet) for my achievement total count?

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't believe those pets have a profession requirement :|

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those particular pets are not BoP nor do they require Engineering skill (as far as I'm aware). I explicitly remember the requirement for the Bombling and Lil' Smoky being removed, and I know from personal experience selling them that the lanterns don't have a requirement.

So just buy them. It will be cheaper in the long run. :P

However to address your question, if you level a profession, make and then learn say a mount, and then unlearn the profession, as long as you learned the mount while you still had the skill it counts towards your total count. You just don't get to use it, is all.

10+ Year Old Account
    once an achievement has counted something, it remains counted

example i have a lot of mounts of my druid, 2 of which i can no longer use (the tailoring carpets) but they still show as counted

with regards mini pets, there used to be some mini pets that required engy to learn/use, but those restrictions were removed, there is no profession specific mini pet anymore

The pets don't have a requirement, the mounts do. The mounts will still count as well, you just won't be able to use them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikiyodragon View Post
    The pets don't have a requirement, the mounts do. The mounts will still count as well, you just won't be able to use them.
    This.
    Even though I'm a collector myself I wouldn't go through the pain of skilling engineering just for two mounts ...

Deleted
    I guess it depends on how much gold u have, how much gold it takes to level said profession and whether the trade off is worth it to you.