Deleted

can i transplant

ok i have a HP Pavilion Slimline s5229uk Desktop PC and was wondering if i could take out the insides and place them into a new case which would house and new psu and then i would be able to change the gpu ect as at present the HP Pavilion Slimline s5229uk Desktop PC has only a 220w psu which as all of you know is poop >.<

the rest of the hardware seems ok the cpu ram hdd optical drive ect seem ok for what i want just the gpu and psu and case need a tweak

sorry for spelling gramma and punctuation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by malakie View Post
    ok i have a HP Pavilion Slimline s5229uk Desktop PC and was wondering if i could take out the insides and place them into a new case which would house and new psu and then i would be able to change the gpu ect as at present the HP Pavilion Slimline s5229uk Desktop PC has only a 220w psu which as all of you know is poop >.<

the rest of the hardware seems ok the cpu ram hdd optical drive ect seem ok for what i want just the gpu and psu and case need a tweak

sorry for spelling gramma and punctuation
    Or you could take out the power supply and put in a new one...

He also wants to put in a decent GPU. It might be possible, the board "seems" like it could fit in a standard ATX case, if it has a proper backplate and if the screw holes line up. I'd personally delegate the midget to someone else and get something better.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzykins View Post
    Slimline usually doesn't have space for a normal-size PSU nor a bigger sized graphics card.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The slimline is too slim to fit a modern PSU, if I recall. Same case with the Dell slimlines, it's a proprietary size that only comes in that wattage. So in order to do this he'd have to have the entire side exposed at all times.

Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    I'd personally delegate the midget to someone else and get something better.
    I'd do this. My boyfriend has a slimline case and it is a royal pain to do any kind of upgrade to. He has the side panel completely off, which makes me terribly concerned for the wellbeing of its innards. lol
    Last edited by eternalwhitemoon; 2011-05-27 at 10:17 PM.

Deleted
    I tought this was about transplations like kidneys and stuff

Deleted
    well from the hp site it says

Micro-ATX: 24.4 cm (9.6 inches) x 24.4 cm (9.6 inches)

and it says that the gpu is a nvidia geforce g210(low profile)

which to me says that to replace the psu and the gpu id need to find a small psu that has the watts to run it and a low profile gpu which i havent been able to find >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    Radeon 5570 (and whatever the 6x rebrand is named) is low profile me thinks ;o But that card isn't that great anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. That's interesting. Yeah, it's possible to put it all in another case, but nothing inside of it is worth salvaging. . .

10+ Year Old Account
    cringe, i've been burned before on that one, usually HPs don't use a standard power supply size

Quote Originally Posted by malakie View Post
    In theory it should work. Biggest problem might come from missing backplate. If the HP doesn't have standard ATX sized detachable backplate on the case, it will just mean you'll have ugly hole in the back with motherboard sticking out. Another problem might come from DVD drive if that isn't standard and there's no front bezel for it, which might leave another hole in front of the computer which would be even uglier.

Besides the few problems mentioned above the transplant operation should be a success, and good thing is that when you do bigger upgrade next time you can just ditch the old motherboard+cpu from the HP and use the case+psu you're buying now.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.