Thread: Top DPS in 4.2?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    An Arcane Mage with the Legendary Staff, will hoesnstly, destroy ALL classes. No discussion.
    Loevty, Level 85 Troll Mage | Khazuals 2004-2011

Arcane Mage with the legendary staff, going to be 5-6k dps ahead anyone without it.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Enh shaman for sure. They delay the news so other classes can't QQ how OP the enhs are on the PTR.

Well I can tell you what it's not going to be: Retribution. ;-; Even just below the top DPSers would be fine with me (assuming they don't have the legendary). Oh well.

Your "quick poll" is no poll.

OT: Spriest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zamiel View Post
    Simple question what healer gives you personally the biggest headache in pvp?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobajobjob View Post
    I play a ret paladin, so my answer is this:

Yes.

Arcane mages with legendary staff, no contest, their damage per execute time is way in excess of any other caster so the legendary is simply going to amplify this.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

LOL'd so hard at "maybe boomkin"

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleicious View Post
    Just a quick poll.

What class do you think will be top DPS in patch 4.2?
    Arcane Mage, MM Hunter, Fury Warrior, Destro Lock, in that order, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Fire Mages are known for being "the best scaling spec in the game"
    This isn't true. They are one of the worst scaling Specs.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 12:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by InTeNsO View Post
    How? That's T11 stuff with none of the 4.2 changes implemented. It's pretty good to tell you currently who is capable of what dps and what not but it's going to change in 4.2, possibly not by much.

Deleted
    Protection paladins! But... What is I say please? Pretty please? No? Okay...

*Sadpanda*

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Arcane Mage with the legendary staff, going to be 5-6k dps ahead anyone without it.
    Hmm, that's a little bit of an exageration. The stats next to the 2nd best staff don't show me anymore than maybe 1 or 2k dps gain, if that. Also the rest of the toons gear matters too.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 12:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowdream View Post
    Arcane mages with legendary staff, no contest, their damage per execute time is way in excess of any other caster so the legendary is simply going to amplify this.
    their are 24 caster abilities that have a higher damage per execute time than arcane blast.

Quote Originally Posted by Cernunnos View Post
    kittie druid with the legendary staff. You seen the weapon damage on that thing?!!!

Caster probably.
    http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/70723/s...nguished-hand/

I would guess either MM hunters or arcane mages depending on how much movement is needed.

Quote Originally Posted by maxalyss View Post
    Hmm, that's a little bit of an exageration. The stats next to the 2nd best staff don't show me anymore than maybe 1 or 2k dps gain, if that. Also the rest of the toons gear matters too.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 12:37 PM ----------

their are 24 caster abilities that have a higher damage per execute time than arcane blast.
    The proc alone for Arc mages is what he's talking about. LOL 140-150k free crits?

Also the caster abilities you're speaking of don't count the fact that each stack of Arcane Blast reduces the cast time by .1 seconds, effectively making a 4 stack AB 1.6 seconds with zero haste. During any period of burn we're always GCD capped on casts. So while we aren't the highest DPE, we still effectively are since the vasty majority of our damage come from burn phases.

"It may be your $14.99, but it's the raid's $374.75" -- Ralask <Nether>, Senjin.
    Mage Moderator | Forum Guidelines | MMO IRC | Arcane Mage FAQ | TT7 R.I.P.

Deleted
    Plus, Arcane burn phase (probably the most powerful burst dps in the game atm) is limited by mana, and if you are getting free extra ablasts, crit or not, in the burn phase, that's gonna be a whole load of extra damage.

Whatever class they (over)buff next.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trakker View Post
    Warlocks because we will get buffed
    Wait, what?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering Elemental Shamans already have a proc very similar to the Staff, I think Elemental Shamans with the staff might be at top. Imagine duplicating a Lava Burst off a duplicated Lava Burst ad infinitum. Some crazy shit could happen like dividing by 0.
    Lained - 60 Shaman | Lainedtv - 60 Druid | Lainedz - 60 Paladin

Deleted
    Arcane mages.

im guessing boomkins will still be really high up on the charts... but it depends on how good our 4pc is in comparison to our our t12 4pc... probably not working breaking untill you get your 4pc t13
    Last edited by Pheanix712; 2011-05-28 at 09:07 PM.