Some changes coming in the next patch (July 5th)

• Patrons will receive 20% more Marks of Favour, double AP and SP, and free teleports across playfields.
    • Weapon unlocks will now include both active and passive abilities in single unlock.
    • The first weapon unlock will be significantly cheaper.
    • Base inventory is increasing from 25 to 35 slots.
    • Sprint 2’s cost has been reduced.
    • Adding glyphs and signets will no longer cost MoF; however, recovering them still will.
    • Elite dungeons (which open at level 50) will have 10 levels, each increasingly difficult.
    • Every player can trade once they reach level 15; patrons can trade at level 1.
    • AP and SP earning rate will increase at level 50.
    • Dungeons will grant XP every time, not just on the first run.
    • Dungeons will have a higher extraordinary gear drop rate.
    • The first dungeon mission of the day will grant one guaranteed extraordinary piece of gear.

http://massivelyop.com/2017/06/30/se...ocks-and-more/

Quote Originally Posted by 1001 View Post

• Patrons will receive 20% more Marks of Favour, double AP and SP, and free teleports across playfields.
    • Weapon unlocks will now include both active and passive abilities in single unlock.
    • Adding glyphs and signets will no longer cost MoF; however, recovering them still will.
    • Elite dungeons (which open at level 50) will have 10 levels, each increasingly difficult.
    • Every player can trade once they reach level 15; patrons can trade at level 1.
    • The first dungeon mission of the day will grant one guaranteed extraordinary piece of gear.

This is pretty fantastic. Patron will gain a huge amount of value (double AP/SP!) and it looks like they're addressing a ton of the QoL issues across the board. Dungeon changes are fantastic as well, they were much needed to make them worth the time investment to repeat while leveling (just did one and got fuckall, and no rewards from the mission even -_-).

Just sad that this shit is coming post-launch, after a lot of the bad monetization decisions have left a lot of vets pretty salty. These changes go a long way in addressing the issues a lot of us had and it's great they're coming within a few weeks of the relaunch, but ideally we wouldn't have had to have massive threads on reddit griping about these issues being the first thing many new players see.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Do you get galactic commands points into swtor now? If not then yes, loot is heavy paywalled in that game. Which i imagine is still the case, but havent touched that steamy pile of shit since december.
    Oh and cash restrictions - such fun, AH is not usable duo for that.
    You can do flashpoints which drop useless shit. Like, really useless.
    Oh and you cant do any raid for my knowledge.

Not creating guild except subs is fairly common in ANY f2p mmo.
    Gear upgrades - i imagine you dont know how game works now since EVERY SINGLE ITEM is either upgrade for gear or MoF when you sell it on AH.
    Im not nickeld and dimed - in fact, outside of couple costumes i have hard time finding anything i would want to buy.
    Currency exchange was exploited and, contrast to most mmo, including swtor, they have strike swiftly on exploiters.
    They gave 2 characters slots and you still bitch about it. Priceless. But sure, they do that out of spite to make you experience worse. Tinfoil hat galore.

So much rant without substance, without even knowing how game works. And whats about chests? Dung one? Now you get always something usefull from every dungeon and every boss as long as you have keys. You get enough for free for 1.66 dung per day. Compared to original when you run dung once and never, ever come near it because loot was totally useless.
    Or do you refer to agartha caches? Well i dont ever get why people are bitching about loot boxes. You can sell them both in regular vendors and ah.

You are forced because of your personality, game dont force anything on you nor restrict you. The biggest restriction i can see is weapons being locked for new players but even that is no biggie because before you unlock what you want on even ONE of starting weapon you have enough MoF to unlock more if you so desire. And you should pick the starter weapon which you enjoy, this is like common knowledge.
    wow, defensive much? and I'm not complaining about getting 2 more character slots, I'm complaining that it didn't occur to them to give that to returning players as a baseline without great deal of pressure and backlash.

but... it also sounds like they are fixing a LOT of my concerns in a next update, so kudos to them maybe there's hope after all. (and btw, when i was talking loot issues, and jeesh forgot to bring up dungeon xp as well - i was talking while leveling, not just end game. i will not defend the pile of shit that is galactic command. it is undoubtedly a pile of shit, that i personaly ignore as i can craft decent enough gear from trainer recipes alone, and i tend to prefer early game anyways)

Is the ap sp stuff retroactive?

Also anyone hear on the ARG weapons and stuff yet?

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Is the ap sp stuff retroactive?

Also anyone hear on the ARG weapons and stuff yet?
    ARG weapons are supposed to be out on the 5th. and apparently we get them all so that's pretty sweet
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

That is all very nice other than the 10 difficulties for Elite dungeons. I am really not a fan of the Mythic+ system in WoW and as such I am not happy to see it here either. I appreciate this is subjective taste and opinion, but I don't see the problem with the Normal/Elite/Nightmare trinity of the original, especially if they could try and use Lairs and outdoor elite zones for casual end game (I say that as a casual). But then again with only 10 ppl max per zone, "outdoor" and "group-based endgame" might not be seen together in the same sentence again.

Overall the changes look good as a first step

10+ Year Old Account
    Pleased with the patch notes, still plenty of QoL changes needed but it's a start.

Hadn't seen it brought up here so thought I'd mention that loadouts still function even though the UI element was removed, accessed via /gearmanager [save/use/delete] [name].
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Compensation for the downtime over the last week for anyone who had an active account before the most recent downtime (june 29th):
    • 25 AP

• 25 SP

• 10,000 Marks of Favour

• 4,000 Anima Shards

• Superior (Blue) Talisman Fusion Catalyst

Pretty nice. More than I expected. It's already in game as well.

The new Patron rewards are pretty solid as well although if the bonus AP/SP isn't added retroactively that kinda sucks. Any characters made before that goes live will have a large disadvantage. It also will further the power-gap between f2p players and paying ones and I am not a fan of that at all.

HNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG...

Now fix that missing quest in Savage Coast.

Uh. That looks pretty cool. Any info on how much the sub costs? Though double AP/SP can break the game especially in PvP (if it exists).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skizzit View Post

The new Patron rewards are pretty solid as well although if the bonus AP/SP isn't added retroactively that kinda sucks. Any characters made before that goes live will have a large disadvantage. It also will further the power-gap between f2p players and paying ones and I am not a fan of that at all.
    Basically this. Though with the lvl 50 nerf to xp needed and given the fact that you have a finite progression o don't think it will be THAT huge.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Is there no way to give items to your alts? Mail wont let you attach items and your personal bank is only for each char.

Deleted
    Can someone clear up something for me?

I've played The Secret World to death but SWL I've only just started Kingsmouth.

For a non-patron the loot situation sounds awful, is it actually worth my playing for any reason other than the story (which again, played to death in the mmo) ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post

I've played The Secret World to death but SWL I've only just started Kingsmouth.

For a non-patron the loot situation sounds awful, is it actually worth my playing for any reason other than the story (which again, played to death in the mmo) ?
    The intend is to generate enough retention and build on an existing player base to warrant future content development what TSW was not going to get under any circumstance. So in that regard you won't experience anything new in terms of story.

Quote Originally Posted by tenaka30 View Post

What sound awfull regarding loot for non patron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Witchblade77 View Post
    wow, defensive much? and I'm not complaining about getting 2 more character slots, I'm complaining that it didn't occur to them to give that to returning players as a baseline without great deal of pressure and backlash.

but... it also sounds like they are fixing a LOT of my concerns in a next update, so kudos to them maybe there's hope after all. (and btw, when i was talking loot issues, and jeesh forgot to bring up dungeon xp as well - i was talking while leveling, not just end game. i will not defend the pile of shit that is galactic command. it is undoubtedly a pile of shit, that i personaly ignore as i can craft decent enough gear from trainer recipes alone, and i tend to prefer early game anyways)
    Im not defensive. Just tired of baseless rants.

What sound awfull regarding loot for non patron.

- - - Updated - - -

Im not defensive. Just tired of baseless rants.
    given that Fancom seems to directly address and change most of the things that i was ranting about? i wouldn't say they are baseless. they can do better still. but I'm just saying. you ARE incredibly defensive right now. I can kinda get it actualy. you like the game and negativity about something you like - is unpleasant. still doesn't make rants baseless

given that Fancom seems to directly address and change most of the things that i was ranting about? i wouldn't say they are baseless. they can do better still. but I'm just saying. you ARE incredibly defensive right now. I can kinda get it actualy. you like the game and negativity about something you like - is unpleasant. still doesn't make rants baseless
    You assume. You dont know. And changes make it not worth playing without sub. 2x ap/sp is overkill. I would not mind this in previous game because the ap gain was fixed and now it scales with our lvl.
    But hey, i now have one more reason to uninstall it after i finish story.

You assume. You dont know. And changes make it not worth playing without sub. 2x ap/sp is overkill. I would not mind this in previous game because the ap gain was fixed and now it scales with our lvl.
    But hey, i now have one more reason to uninstall it after i finish story.
    did you just.. do a 180 on your game defense? changes among other things actualy ADD value to the subscription, wait, misread.. no, they don't really make it not worth it to play without sub, but they ARE aking it worth to get a subscription, unlike original reiteration of the Legends. I'm starting to wonder if you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2017-07-01 at 08:55 PM.

did you just.. do a 180 on your game defense? changes among other things actualy ADD value to the subscription, wait, misread.. no, they don't really make it not worth it to play without sub, but they ARE aking it worth to get a subscription, unlike original reiteration of the Legends. I'm starting to wonder if you are arguing for the sake of arguing.
    Thats why you dont assume what you dont know. I never said i love the game. I like it. You assumed im some white knight because i called your rants as baseless. And btw - dungone keys are still there, loot is unchanged, and the only difference in dungeons is that people would run they x number of times till they get BiS and again ignore. Sooo only thing that changed for you is free trading after lvl 15 for non patrons and op patron benefits.
    And sub model failed miserably in secret world before. I bet it would not be majority of their income. Keys for caches, instant ap/sp would be.

And yes, ap and sp is lifeblood of this game, biggest rewards players can get. They went from patron being meh to being must have for anyone who want reasonable progression. This will be a problem and game will have once again issues.
    "shrugs"

Thats why you dont assume what you dont know. I never said i love the game. I like it. You assumed im some white knight because i called your rants as baseless. And btw - dungone keys are still there, loot is unchanged, and the only difference in dungeons is that people would run they x number of times till they get BiS and again ignore. Sooo only thing that changed for you is free trading after lvl 15 for non patrons and op patron benefits.
    And sub model failed miserably in secret world before. I bet it would not be majority of their income. Keys for caches, instant ap/sp would be.

And yes, ap and sp is lifeblood of this game, biggest rewards players can get. They went from patron being meh to being must have for anyone who want reasonable progression. This will be a problem and game will have once again issues.
    "shrugs"
    actualy, dungeons went from.. you may or may not get loot, to you are guaranteed loot once a day. they also now grant experience when you run them again as opposed to only granting it the first time around. being able to trade is a big deal. its not perfect, but its still a big deal. being a patron actual has a point now, could still be far better, but got to start somewhere. and hey... increase to bag space is definitely a big deal. they certainly haven't addressed everything but the outcry seems to be large enough that they HAVE to listen. to the complaints and rants that YOU claim are baseless. ok then.

also, I never said you were a white knight. your words. not mine. i said that you seem to like the game and dislike negativity (or as you called it baseless rants) towards it, which lets be perfectly honest here is exactly what your responses to me before looked like. in any case, this conversation is getting boring. you didn't have to respond to me and i think I'm going to stop responding to you. you have a nice day, eh?

actualy, dungeons went from.. you may or may not get loot, to you are guaranteed loot once a day. they also now grant experience when you run them again as opposed to only granting it the first time around. being able to trade is a big deal. its not perfect, but its still a big deal. being a patron actual has a point now, could still be far better, but got to start somewhere. and hey... increase to bag space is definitely a big deal. they certainly haven't addressed everything but the outcry seems to be large enough that they HAVE to listen. to the complaints and rants that YOU claim are baseless. ok then.

also, I never said you were a white knight. your words. not mine. i said that you seem to like the game and dislike negativity (or as you called it baseless rants) towards it, which lets be perfectly honest here is exactly what your responses to me before looked like. in any case, this conversation is getting boring. you didn't have to respond to me and i think I'm going to stop responding to you. you have a nice day, eh?
    You always get loot from dungeons - and distillated are more worth than items, because you need to upgrade those items regardless. So nothing really change. Xp is nice but it is drop in a sea.
    Played til lvl 30 and i never have more than 50% of inventory taken. Most of the times i have 4-5 items only. You still need to upgrade and fuse. One time i have more space taken but it was due to abundance of quests items in amusment park questline.
    You rant was baseless - i never said every critic is baseless. You went on about things which are not even important in grant scheme of things (trading maybe, never found much use of it regarless of mmo). As with dungeons - distilates are much, much better than any blue quality item. Getting them is better than random pip loot. But people were bitching because they want loot to drop, even if it is useless and worth 100xp for their weapon or talisman. Hell, there is post on reddit which was bot upvoted "friendly reminding" Funcom to get shit together or they will review bomb game on steam.
    Also - popular opinion isnt being right. I though after recent political events people get that...

In the entire patch notes it was mostly "schrug" on their changes. Guaranted loot is nice, not gamechanging. Extra inventory the same, i would never fill even 25 slots so no biggie. Reducing price on sprint and weapon unlocks is a big and move to right direction for promoting the game. But then we get facepalm with double ap/sp. So mixed bag.