Dragon storyline starts with a girl-on-girl lesbo action with implied oral sex. I wonder if it changes to man-on-man if you start as a male Dragon.

Hm

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Dragon storyline starts with a girl-on-girl lesbo action with implied oral sex. I wonder if it changes to man-on-man if you start as a male Dragon.

Hm
    The NPC is female regardless.

hmmm 268meg patch

=) stw beta!
    Last edited by WarJames; 2012-06-15 at 05:43 PM.

Deleted
    Played it for a bit now. Really cool story as illuminati, and in terms of story I guess I'd rather sub for TSW than star wars. However, the game runs bad for looking the way it does. Not being able to update graphics at all unless you got win7 64-bits, and it's not looking much better than for example star wars. It's a big letdown that they can't optimize the game better than that. Especially since I now can run star wars on high and even in warzones with just an update of graphics card.
    Combat is what will break more than make this game, really slow and not as responsive as one would like. Not optimal for pvp.
    Character creation is not great, especially the lack of face creations. The gear and assecoirs and so on is fun though, I liked that.
    Won't buy this game, mostly since just playing on lowest isn't moneys worth. If I could play it I guess I would just wait until it's a bit cheaper to get. I love left4dead and it reminds me a bit of it, and with the story overall that just seem quite epic. It's a good singleplayer, perhaps co-op game, but combat will restrict the epic feeling for pvp by quite a lot I guess.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Played it for a bit now. Really cool story as illuminati, and in terms of story I guess I'd rather sub for TSW than star wars. However, the game runs bad for looking the way it does. Not being able to update graphics at all unless you got win7 64-bits, and it's not looking much better than for example star wars. It's a big letdown that they can't optimize the game better than that. Especially since I now can run star wars on high and even in warzones with just an update of graphics card.
    Combat is what will break more than make this game, really slow and not as responsive as one would like. Not optimal for pvp.
    Character creation is not great, especially the lack of face creations. The gear and assecoirs and so on is fun though, I liked that.
    Won't buy this game, mostly since just playing on lowest isn't moneys worth. If I could play it I guess I would just wait until it's a bit cheaper to get. I love left4dead and it reminds me a bit of it, and with the story overall that just seem quite epic. It's a good singleplayer, perhaps co-op game, but combat will restrict the epic feeling for pvp by quite a lot I guess.
    Wow, I didn't think it would happen this soon. But sure enough, there it is.

You seem to be confused. This is a beta test, not a demo. You can't possibly expect the graphics engine to already be optimized.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post

You seem to be confused. This is a beta test, not a demo. You can't possibly expect the graphics engine to already be optimized.

Unfortunately people think Beta = Full Demo. And when people think a game is 1 month from launch it's just "polishing mode". Here's an awesome quote from one of the devs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinterstum
    That's not at all how software development works. A small fix for a minor polish bug somewhere can cause a memory corruption issue which crashes the client every half hour for most players; it's not like severity of an issue is in any way related to the work going into breaking/fixing it.

The reason why you're getting a lot of crashes lately (0.9 being announced as being more rough than previous patches), is because we simply don't have the luxury of time we'd need to fully stabilize patches before patching them to the beta. Doing so would mean a week or two less large-scale testing for each change/fix going in, which means overall more bugs when TSW launches. *That* is the point of the beta; to ensure as polished and stable launch experience as possible. Not for the beta itself to be polished and stable.
    Just because we are in the final stages of the beta does not mean all the switches have been flipped. I report every single bug, crash, exploit I come across. It's not just one or two and I don't rage like a teenager "ZOMG THIS BETA SUCKS!" That's the whole point of a beta. To break things and send your report.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Profyrion View Post

Sure, I understand it's beta. But the game is to be released pretty really soon. Hopefully they will be honest about it, but being stuck without even the option to change graphics cause you don't have win7, it's a bit heavy and in all honesty they should put it as min requirement.

Combat has been polished from previous events I heard, and next weekend is pvp weekend and last bwe weekend before release. Guess that will be pretty close to the real deal then. I don't know how much can be done within a week?

It's not a big QQ you know, just that combat and optimization weren't as good as they could be in my first impression to a soon to be released product. Otherwise like I said... really good story and that means a lot, especially in a game of this kind.

---------- Post added 2012-06-15 at 06:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    Unfortunately people think Beta = Full Demo. And when people think a game is 1 month from launch it's just "polishing mode". Here's an awesome quote from one of the devs.

Just because we are in the final stages of the beta does not mean all the switches have been flipped. I report every single bug, crash, exploit I come across. It's not just one or two and I don't rage like a teenager "ZOMG THIS BETA SUCKS!" That's the whole point of a beta. To break things and send your report.
    I didnt say the beta sucked.
    And the everyday beta testers can't say how their version looks
    But it is close to release, how much can they fix in around 2 weeks? Think release date was 3rd of july or am I mistaken?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt say the beta sucked.
    And the everyday beta testers can't say how their version looks
    But it is close to release, how much can they fix in around 2 weeks? Think release date was 3rd of july or am I mistaken?

The build you are playing might be 1,2, 10, 15 builds behind the internal build. I'm not saying everything will be fixed. But, people have a tendancy to base the live game (which isnt out yet) how the beta is. That's not the fairest of things. But, my favorite thing people say is "Oh this is made by FAILcom! HA IT'S TEH SUX!"

Of course I'm not saying you are. Just some people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwald View Post
    The build you are playing might be 1,2, 10, 15 builds behind the internal build. I'm not saying everything will be fixed. But, people have a tendancy to base the live game (which isnt out yet) how the beta is. That's not the fairest of things. But, my favorite thing people say is "Oh this is made by FAILcom! HA IT'S TEH SUX!"

Of course I'm not saying you are. Just some people.
    No, I know that the company somehow got bad rep. I didn't play their games from the past, only know that some people had issues during their betas then and problems weren't fixed by release and not until too late after.
    It's a game with potential, and I hope they polish things up and make it work well. Because I like new ideas on the mmo market, and especially a refreshing option to the neverending fantasy genre =) This is not a cute and cuddly game and I like it.
    But like I said, I personally don't feel like I have the right computer to be able to buy it at release, but I will follow how the game turns out and how it's received and I hope that it surprises people rather than dissapoints.

However, the game runs bad for looking the way it does. Not being able to update graphics at all unless you got win7 64-bits, and it's not looking much better than for example star wars. It's a big letdown that they can't optimize the game better than that. Especially since I now can run star wars on high and even in warzones with just an update of graphics card.
    To be honest, TOR's graphics weren't really that impressive to begin with. Some of the tech used in TSW is pretty advanced. The lighting system alone is going to f- up a lot of people's graphics performance. What kind of card are you running? I've got two identical computers, except one has an nVidia, and other an AMD. It runs MUCH better on the nVidia, even though they have the same specs.

Combat is what will break more than make this game, really slow and not as responsive as one would like. Not optimal for pvp. Character creation is not great, especially the lack of face creations. The gear and assecoirs and so on is fun though, I liked that.
    See to me, the combat feels about as good as WoW's. It's not quite as fluid, but it doesn't feel terrible. Character creation shouldn't be a concern. What's in the beta is a small portion of the finished product.

I am really enjoying this game ATM. I'm in the beta ATM and I'm finding it very solid overall. I just think I need a better computer to run it properly. The combat is nice atm. everything works well up until you get 5-6 mobs bunched on you. Then it looks a little funky but normally you don't notice that unless you are looking for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Combat isn't as bad as I thought it would be. To say it is close to WoW is laughable though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Combat isn't as bad as I thought it would be. To say it is close to WoW is laughable though.
    What's laughable is putting WoW's combat up on a pedestal. It's responsive and it's what you're used to. Don't chalk it up to anything more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    It's as close as I've seen since. I know what you mean. WoW has the tightest character movement/reaction the market. TSW is not there yet, but damn close imo. Getting better every patch too.

Interesting post by Ragnar:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/sho...5&postcount=13

Keeping us in the dark on purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    The combat is really sketchy and feels a bit outdated. I think this could change in higher levels will more impressive animations. The movement feels a little floaty as well.

I bring those points up first because it was a lot easier to list the bad than the good. The good is pretty overwhelming. Very impressed so far.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Animations don't look like they belong in an AAA release circa 2012 (or maybe Tera has just spoiled me), but frankly, I don't even care. I could play with stick figures and ASCII laz0r beams if the content / depth were there.

I'll play SW just for the skill tree it has, and some amazing atmosphere. I am not usually a fan of voiceovers (just because I can read stuff much faster and its more enjoyable to me), and I couldn't stand SWTOR voiceovers, but here, some of them are simply terrific. The guy in Savage Coast who was giving me a rundown on the haunted house literally sent chills running down my spine.

Deleted
    The questing is really enjoyable. For me anyways. I love roaming around a city and randomly stumbling upon a dead body's cellphone, and checking if there's anything useful on there.

Combat feels a little off, and animations could use some work, but aside from that I'm enjoying it. I love the atmosphere of the game. Dark and sinister is right up my alley. Skill layout is also neat, as is the questing. I actually care about following the story instead of spamming ESC.

Is it worth a sub fee? That's the big question.

I am waiting for Beta4 to make the final determination. PvP will either make or break it for me.

Good thing D3 RMAH is making me enough moolah to finance all my other gaming addictions :P