10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    ehhhh personal principle I guess. I just think personally after enough time has passed a good business move would be offer older issues for free and it gets people incentive to buy the current ones and other things.
    Ehh.. Not sure i agree. I agree with price point being lower or older issues being bundled at a nice price. We aren't talking about GW2-like scraps here. Its quality content fully voice acted that takes time and money to make , especially for a small team like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    Ehh.. Not sure i agree. I agree with price point being lower or older issues being bundled at a nice price. We aren't talking about GW2-like scraps here. Its quality content fully voice acted that takes time and money to make , especially for a small team like them.
    This. They need all the money they can get given their financial troubles, too. I picked up the lifetime sub when they had the deal going last month partially because damn it was a good deal, and partially because I want to make sure TSW stays around and keeps releasing content. It's worth the damn money, especially with how unique of a game it is compared to most other MMO's on the market.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I picked up the lifetime sub when they had the deal going last month
    ...Did I seriously miss out on another game that offered a lifetime subscription? I told myself I would never let that happen again.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    ...Did I seriously miss out on another game that offered a lifetime subscription? I told myself I would never let that happen again.
    It's still around, they've never stopped selling it. They just ran a promotion for it last month that I thought was good enough to get me to finally pick it up. Promotional stuff in bold, normal bonuses not in bold: https://forums.thesecretworld.com/sh...-special-offer!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's still around, they've never stopped selling it. They just ran a promotion for it last month that I thought was good enough to get me to finally pick it up. Promotional stuff in bold, normal bonuses not in bold: https://forums.thesecretworld.com/sh...-special-offer!
    Ah ok, now I remember. For some reason I thought this meant you'd get all the content included like LotRO's lifetime sub that has only been offered rarely. Wish I would have seen that deal though, it may have made the cost worth it. Oh well. Seeing that it's structured differently I guess they do different specials on it from time to time.
    BAD WOLF

Ah ok, now I remember. For some reason I thought this meant you'd get all the content included like LotRO's lifetime sub that has only been offered rarely. Wish I would have seen that deal though, it may have made the cost worth it. Oh well. Seeing that it's structured differently I guess they do different specials on it from time to time.
    Well the offer gave $50 in points so yea you could buy all the content up front actually.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well the offer gave $50 in points so yea you could buy all the content up front actually.
    Yeah, which is why I would have gone for the deal but not the normal package. I likely won't play the game again until the fall when I'm feeling ready to spook it up. I wish I had more time to divide, but I just can't. People need to tell these devs to stop making games and let us catch up.
    BAD WOLF

Yeah, which is why I would have gone for the deal but not the normal package. I likely won't play the game again until the fall when I'm feeling ready to spook it up. I wish I had more time to divide, but I just can't. People need to tell these devs to stop making games and let us catch up.
    considering that it look like 2 and a half years for tokyo to be finally released after they said it would be released in like the spring of 2013? The answer for you is:

No.

Ah, well, you can use the monthly stipend to pick up the content eventually, especially since you'll stockpile a bunch in between content updates. But yeah, that additional 6k points was one of the big things that pushed me to purchase it. Picked up all the story DLC (I think) as well as a few outfits with it as soon as it arrived.

As far as specials though, this is the first time they've run a lifetime sub deal so there's no clue as to when the next one will come around : /

10+ Year Old Account
    considering that it look like 2 and a half years for tokyo to be finally released after they said it would be released in like the spring of 2013? The answer for you is:

No.
    The game has barely been out for the period of time you mention, but I was referring to the entire industry not these guys. By all means let them go at their snails pace, I just need the other games to stop so I have time to play this one. I just want to see sunlight in the game one time before I die.
    BAD WOLF

The game has barely been out for the period of time you mention, but I was referring to the entire industry not these guys. By all means let them go at their snails pace, I just need the other games to stop so I have time to play this one. I just want to see sunlight in the game one time before I die.
    The folks at Massively have pointed something out about this (well, sorta, I may just be making a connection in my head for...raisins), and it's something I agree with.

In terms of new MMO's, 2014 wasn't too spectacular and 2015 isn't looking like it's going to be gangbusters either. Some fair ones came out/are coming out, but nothing really seems like it did/will explode at launch. But released MMO's? Damn are they doing fine in terms of providing awesome expansions and content updates. It's great to see existing MMO's doing well and continuing to release solid content, though it does create the problem of, "TOO MANY GOOD UPDATES FOR TOO MANY GOOD MMOS BUT NOT ENOUGH TIME!"

2012 to be specific is when they launched, 2013 was the aim for tokyo but the answer is still No because of obvious reasons lol.

I'll probably pick this game up again if it goes on sale with a bundle, I just don't have the spare cash or interest lol. I could get my old account but id rather have a fresh start (and those bonus points.....)
    Last edited by zito; 2015-03-26 at 10:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    "TOO MANY GOOD UPDATES FOR TOO MANY GOOD MMOS BUT NOT ENOUGH TIME!"
    Pretty much. The last two years in terms of existing MMOs have released far too much solid content it's overwhelming. That's not even getting into my bundle and steam sale addiction... Every time I try to whittle down my MMO list by uninstalling them, some new patch hits with all this content and I'm like...hrm...I need to uninstall something else so I can install this stuff and I'm back to having 8-10 MMOs installed and that's some serious nerd world problems right there.
    BAD WOLF

Pretty much. The last two years in terms of existing MMOs have released far too much solid content it's overwhelming. That's not even getting into my bundle and steam sale addiction... Every time I try to whittle down my MMO list by uninstalling them, some new patch hits with all this content and I'm like...hrm...I need to uninstall something else so I can install this stuff and I'm back to having 8-10 MMOs installed and that's some serious nerd world problems right there.
    This is why I'm glad I have nearly 4TB of storage space : )

10+ Year Old Account
    wish I would've known about the bundle sale before I bought this on steam last night for 30 bucks. Oh well.

Besides that...I am actually having a way better time than I thought I would going in. The story and just overall presentation is surprisingly awesome. The graphics arent the best but thats not a dealbreaker for me. Loving it so far.

Crafting tho..man confused on that front. It's a unique system to say the least

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    Crafting tho..man confused on that front. It's a unique system to say the least
    Outside of the tutorial thingy and like, one or two quests in the first few zones that make you craft (I had to google how to craft for those, because I'd forgotten), I don't think I've crafted once. Never took the time to try to actually learn what the fuck the system is and I've never really needed to know.

Outside of the tutorial thingy and like, one or two quests in the first few zones that make you craft (I had to google how to craft for those, because I'd forgotten), I don't think I've crafted once. Never took the time to try to actually learn what the fuck the system is and I've never really needed to know.
    Do you even need to know? I don't even remember crafting being relevant period.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you even need to know? I don't even remember crafting being relevant period.
    I'm not sure. I pretty much just planning on using that to upgrade stuff which is relatively easy to do. Crafting never really was my thing in any game to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Cipero View Post
    I'm not sure. I pretty much just planning on using that to upgrade stuff which is relatively easy to do. Crafting never really was my thing in any game to be honest
    Looking at the wiki you can add some effects and such with crafting but for the most part BiS is dungeons. Which you won't get right away but you could ignore crafting entirely and just buy from other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate crafting in MMOs. This game is no exception. Its so archaic i don't even bother to find how to use all the runes and ingredients. You get so much money from quests i just straight up buy everything from AH and still have millions to spare. The only thing i know how to use crafting for is to add Signets to my gear.