I'm not sure if it's windows 10 or a new driver or something they did, but all the problems I had been having previously are just no longer there.

Guess I'm getting 6 and 12 today and tearing back into this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    I don't get why so many people don't like the second Egypt zone, it's one of my favourites actually along with the Black Pharaoh storyline :-). And yes, the first two zones (Kingsmouth and Savage Coast) are insane and the most impressive zones I experienced in an MMO personally. Blue Mountain on the other hand, especially pre-nerf of the moths...

Having said that, I need to buy Tokyo and get cracking with it

edit: as per the above, the Tyler Freeborn questline is the most epic anything I have played in an MMO. Nobody should play TSW without doing that questline :-)
    I absolutely loved City of the Sun God. The missions with the Sentinels were fantastic, especially the long chain that explained their origin. Black Pharoah was awesome, too. I really really liked Kingsmouth and Savage Coast (the school was amazing), but City of the Sun God just felt right to me.

Oh, and we don't talk about pre-nerf ak'ab here.

So I'm trying to wrap my head around gearing here. I'm about to finish up Blue Mountain but I have enough black bullion to buy one of the Q10 pieces of gear back at the Illuminati base. Good idea?

And do people regularly farm the missions that award signet bags in order to build better signets?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    So I'm trying to wrap my head around gearing here. I'm about to finish up Blue Mountain but I have enough black bullion to buy one of the Q10 pieces of gear back at the Illuminati base. Good idea?

And do people regularly farm the missions that award signet bags in order to build better signets?
    I haven't played for a while so things might have changed, however:

1) It is a good idea to get your purples asap while having a few things in mind. Just make sure you can equip them (ie you have spent enough SPs for the slot/weapon you will use) and that they fit the role you want. Also, if I remember correctly, some purples used to be un-upgradable, but I think they were mission rewards in places like Transylvania. Finally, PvP and PvE purples had different upgrade requirements (based on the different pvp and pve currencies) while pvp-ones only went up to 10.4 and pve ones up to 10.5. I heard something about unifying those currencies though and changing all that with the current or next issue. I might be wrong, and you will find more up-to-date answers on the official forums.

2) People used to farm missions with signets (ie last part of Tyler Freeborn), but I think Funcom nerfed the rewards of those missions. You can still do them and get more signets to break down for crafting mats, I am not sure though that they give anything above greens. Again, the official forums (or other posters here) might be able to provide more up-to-date info.

I hope this helps a little and apologies for any vague answers.

All the best

Edit: If Black Marks are easier to get now, then consider the QL8 purples if they still exist. They are much cheaper than QL10 purples and help blaze through Egypt in no time. Some people consider them a waste, but if you like to mess around a bit in each zone rather than go straight to Transylvania and start Elite/NM dungeons, then QL8 purples work like a charm. Again, ask about it
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2015-09-09 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sj View Post
    I absolutely loved City of the Sun God. The missions with the Sentinels were fantastic, especially the long chain that explained their origin. Black Pharoah was awesome, too. I really really liked Kingsmouth and Savage Coast (the school was amazing), but City of the Sun God just felt right to me.

Oh, and we don't talk about pre-nerf ak'ab here.
    Walking into that zone was one of the few times I've screen shotted something in a game.

*makes it to Egypt*

I like Saïd.

He's easily my favorite character in all of Egypt. Characters like him are why I wish they'd go back and add more content to the older zones, would love to learn more about his backstory and just hear him be a delightful character.

Is he involved in one of the DLC packs? I kinda remember him having some quests I could not do when I passed through, and I still think I'm missing that pack.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Is he involved in one of the DLC packs? I kinda remember him having some quests I could not do when I passed through, and I still think I'm missing that pack.
    He had two quests when I saw him and I did both. Killed a god (not a capital G god).

He had two quests when I saw him and I did both. Killed a god (not a capital G god).
    He pops up in one or two other quests throughout the zone, but that's all that I remember him having.

Saïd was brilliant. One of the my favorite characters.

7/10 in egypt....almost there...Transylvania wait for me!!!!

You know...i dont think that Egypt or Transylvania was bad its just that for me Kingsmouth was so good lol. I think i liked Kingsmouth because it captured that small town feeling so well and they went and threw some zombies in there. It reminded me of small towns from some of the old 80's movies i used to watch like Beatlejuice, Witches of Eastwick, Gremlins 1 and Rambo 1. Its small town USA but with zombies! i would actually like it if they also did zones of other areas around the world. Towns (not major cities) in like Japan, Philippines, Europe, Canada or GB.

Re: the QL10 purple gear question.

I checked the game again yesterday after quite some time, there are no QL8 purples in sight so just go ahead and get your QL10 purple. Also it seems that currency is probably easier to get now due to the challenge-log or whatever is called, which is actually quite a big and good (imo) addition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    Re: the QL10 purple gear question.

I checked the game again yesterday after quite some time, there are no QL8 purples in sight so just go ahead and get your QL10 purple. Also it seems that currency is probably easier to get now due to the challenge-log or whatever is called, which is actually quite a big and good (imo) addition.
    I need to start playing again to farm some of the black bullion stuff. Managed to pick up the QL10 weapons for my current build but need to fill out other slots and start working on upgrading them. But the problem is I'm still doing Transylvania stuff so I don't want to go back to old zones -_-

That and I have literally zero interest in PvP, so my options for completing some of the daily/weekly challenges are limited. I do like the addition of that system, though.

Holy balls. Maybe I should hold off on getting more q10 gear. Repairing them costs so much...

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I need to start playing again to farm some of the black bullion stuff. Managed to pick up the QL10 weapons for my current build but need to fill out other slots and start working on upgrading them. But the problem is I'm still doing Transylvania stuff so I don't want to go back to old zones -_-

That and I have literally zero interest in PvP, so my options for completing some of the daily/weekly challenges are limited. I do like the addition of that system, though.
    I'd do more PvP but it makes my computer sad.

Holy balls. Maybe I should hold off on getting more q10 gear. Repairing them costs so much...
    You should accumulate PAX pretty quickly. I've never really found much to spend it on besides repairs/outfit pieces/new haircuts, and the game throws tons at you.

Honestly, I forget repairing gear is even I thing most of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    He pops up in one or two other quests throughout the zone, but that's all that I remember him having.
    He plays a major role in Last Train to Cairo DLC.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm also a fan of Saiid. That said , Daimon Kyota is my favorite. Its even better that after Tokyo he's Dragons faction handler . Man the characters in TSW are all so memorable.