Quote Originally Posted by Razael View Post
    He plays a major role in Last Train to Cairo DLC.
    Nnniiiicccceeeee, but damnit. I'm trying to play fewer MMO's and focus more on my Steam library but now I want to power through to get to that DLC -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Nnniiiicccceeeee, but damnit. I'm trying to play fewer MMO's and focus more on my Steam library but now I want to power through to get to that DLC -_-
    By major role i mean ofc the usual NPC role though , giving missions and information. SPOILER also : you also find out he helped smuggle the filth bomb that struck Tokyo , not knowing what its destination was. Hence why he's trying to redeem himself and help you stop another bomb from being sent out. Thats the mission for the DLC.

Did they nerf the Issue 9 Kaidan mobs, or did my new pretty purple weapons and glyphs make that much a difference?

Issue 10 stuff is still wrecking me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    What's funny is it's one of those in my Steam library I decided I should finish.

It really seems like a single player game with multiplayer elements, and I love it.

Four more days and I have all my aegis damage types. Squee.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you do the side mission to get AEGIS shields yourself @unfilteredJW?

Did you do the side mission to get AEGIS shields yourself @unfilteredJW?
    Well, shit. I don't think I did.

I was doing one for the bunny guy last night that seemed like I was going to get a new item. The only one I knew so far is the tower defense missions for the item that kills the baddies shields. Obviously I'm not very good at remembering the terms, and I just dusted it off last night.

Due to the nature of the game I've attempted to avoid googling stuff, so if I did miss these just point me to them.
    Last edited by unfilteredJW; 2015-09-11 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Well, shit. I don't think I did.

I was doing one for the bunny guy last night that seemed like I was going to get a new item. The only one I knew so far is the tower defense missions for the item that kills the baddies shields. Obviously I'm not very good at remembering the terms, and I just dusted it off last night.

Due to the nature of the game I've attempted to avoid googling stuff, so if I did miss these just point me to them.
    Thats the guy actually. Jake Hama (the one dressed in a bunny outfit) offers a mission called One for the AEGIS or something like that. Finishing it will award you a set of shields that works the same way the controllers you mentioned do. You will need to match the shield to the type of damage a mob does. The mission is a tutorial like thingy you'll learn the details

Thats the guy actually. Jake Hama (the one dressed in a bunny outfit) offers a mission called One for thtotally the AEGIS or something like that. Finishing it will award you a set of shields that works the same way the controllers you mentioned do. You will need to match the shield to the type of damage a mob does. The mission is a tutorial like thingy you'll learn the details
    That's definitely the one I started last night. Thanks for the heads up. No wonder I was having issues.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/09/29/st...or-half-price/

Yep, the headline pretty much says it all. If you still haven’t taken the plunge on Funcom’s seminal Secret World MMO, now is as good a time as any. Steam is selling the game’s ultimate edition for $29.99 for the next 40-odd hours, which is half price if you’re wondering.

What does the ultimate edition include? All of the numbered issue expansions through 11, the Further Analysis, Love & Loathing, and Last Pagan side stories, a set of beginner weapons, 25 ability points, a double AP boost item, and a zenith core outfit for your avatar.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

$30 for the amount of content in issues 1-11 is nuts, there's a ton in the base game alone. I think I'm like 200 hours in and I'm not even out of Transylvania, which is still the base game.

Kinda sucks though that the game is pretty unoptimized. The launcher alone still gives me nightmares (guess the game is doing its job then hur hur)
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah 30 bucks for all of that is a steal.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Kinda sucks though that the game is pretty unoptimized. The launcher alone still gives me nightmares (guess the game is doing its job then hur hur)
    You should retry it. I used to have problems, and since switching to Windows 10, I've not had a single issue with the launcher.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Launcher is still not the best, but infinitely better than ESO/LOTRO launchers in terms of updating. And they've done a fair amount to optimize the game. Shadows can still cause problems, but it's in pretty solid shape now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man 30 Bucks for all that? What a time to be alive. Gem of a game is worth that price many times over.

How does this work if I already have TSW but not on Steam?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    snip

Yep, the headline pretty much says it all. If you still haven’t taken the plunge on Funcom’s seminal Secret World MMO, now is as good a time as any. Steam is selling the game’s ultimate edition for $29.99 for the next 40-odd hours, which is half price if you’re wondering.

What does the ultimate edition include? All of the numbered issue expansions through 11, the Further Analysis, Love & Loathing, and Last Pagan side stories, a set of beginner weapons, 25 ability points, a double AP boost item, and a zenith core outfit for your avatar.
    $29.99? €27.99 for me, daaaaaam, wheres my card!?!? Im all over it!! ....aaaaand...done!!!

I bought the game at launch after playing beta, left it for over a year, and now its the perfect time to come back, oh yeah baby!!!

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    How does this work if I already have TSW but not on Steam?
    You will get a product key that you can use in your funcon game account to upgrade it, just check CD Key link in steam in the product page.
    Last edited by mmoc89b31d18fb; 2015-09-30 at 11:45 AM.

Wildly off-topic, but this is weirding me out.

The Steam page for the game has that iconic image of a member from each faction standing with each other, but the woman representing the Templar is different on the Steam page than she is on the image used for the launcher and loading screens. Well, the entire image is pretty different, so I'm guessing the one used in the game was touched up with different colors and extra details, but I swear the Templar woman on the Steam page looks like an actress but I can't figure out who...

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    but I swear the Templar woman on the Steam page looks like an actress but I can't figure out who...
    Naomi Watts. /10charmanders
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildly off-topic, but this is weirding me out.

The Steam page for the game has that iconic image of a member from each faction standing with each other, but the woman representing the Templar is different on the Steam page than she is on the image used for the launcher and loading screens. Well, the entire image is pretty different, so I'm guessing the one used in the game was touched up with different colors and extra details, but I swear the Templar woman on the Steam page looks like an actress but I can't figure out who...

You mean this one? That is definitely distinct from the one below yes, as it's actually the box art:

Also I can only second what others have said. Get this game on steam, it is awesome, especially for that price. Hundreds of hours of awesome quests await, even if you dont stick around for endgame. Best to play with a friend though, it will be much smoother, though the community is awesome and helpful and the Player experience revamp made the game much much more accessible.
    Last edited by Ratyrel; 2015-09-30 at 12:56 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    http://massivelyop.com/2015/10/01/th...-next-dungeon/

As we enter October, people are inevitably going to be asking for hoverboards because a movie once posited that October 21st, 2015, would include readily available hoverboards for purchase. If anyone asks you, however, you can just point the questioner toward The Secret World, which has multiple styles of hoverboard available, as well as new World War II-themed vehicles via the game’s first Lucky bag. So there’s your hoverboard. You’re welcome.

The latest development update isn’t really about said hoverboard, really; it’s more about the Lucky bags and future themes thereof, as well as the next major dungeon coming to the game. Said dungeon will contain new Aegis tactics that players have not seen before. It’ll be available in Nightmare and Elite difficulty when it gets patched into the game. The next update to the game will also feature new loot to upgrade to 10.8, as well; you can read a bit more about it in said development update.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.