Quote Originally Posted by ara View Post
    Love the setting of this game, but I don't see this game surviving as a p2p game.
    If Eve can survive this long as P2P, TSW can too. TSW has a very large, devoted following. Funcom's investor report says they're only counting on ~500k subs, but expect to surpass that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarahjane View Post
    If Eve can survive this long as P2P, TSW can too. TSW has a very large, devoted following. Funcom's investor report says they're only counting on ~500k subs, but expect to surpass that.
    They expected very high subscribers for AoC too but they didn't materialize unfortunately. I have no doubt that the game will see some moderate success, but I wouldn't be surprised if they find a F2P/Hybrid model more profitable than just a subscription model.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yeah, its a weakness I have. When I'm really bored really late at night, while other people are buying stuff off infomercials, I buy video games. If none out even meet that threshold? I do the pre thing. Worst comes to worst, I get entertained for a couple of weeks whenever it shows up.
    I have the exact same problem too. Most of the time I just buy a game to get access to the beta stage. XD

Anyhoo, my philosophy is "If I can get a month out of it, it was worth it." (I'm looking at you SWTOR and WHO!)

EDIT: I just realized I quoted an old post. Damn you carelessness!
    I'm still thinking about it...

Deleted
    Noticed that release date has been changed to beginning of july

Read about lifetime subscriptions... only remember it from hellgate london and we all know how that went :P Anyone know how much they charge for lifetime sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post

Read about lifetime subscriptions... only remember it from hellgate london and we all know how that went :P Anyone know how much they charge for lifetime sub?
    Depends, but I think Cryptic charges 300 for Champions Online so I wouldn't imagine it's much different than that.

Does anyone have a screenshot of the water in this game?

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Does anyone have a screenshot of the water in this game?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...1SvmVHI#t=339s

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post

Lifetime sub is currently $199.99 plus box cost.

Lifetime sub is currently $199.99 plus box cost.
    The sad part is that $200 is only about a years worth of subscription. You never realize how expensive that shit really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    The sad part is that $200 is only about a years worth of subscription. You never realize how expensive that shit really is.
    Yeah it's roughly 13-14 months' worth. Not a bad deal at all, considering some of the perks that come with it. I'm still mulling it over since I've already pre-ordered.

Dungeon preview. Ten Ton Hammer is usually pretty objective.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/tsw/previews/the-polaris
    Last edited by Sj; 2012-05-31 at 04:53 PM.

Anyone find the story to be disjointed? It starts out find with the secret agent recruiting you but then you are dumped in the middle of the society and they automatically assume you know everything to them. Then you head to kings mouth and there is no starter to the story and the quests are jumbled up, there is no guide saying "if you want to follow the story plot do this first."

I was doing the long phase quest first with 17 phases and I skipped half the story and didn't know what was going on then I started another quest line with the hippies and figured out where b and the blonde chick came from. However the story is very disconnected.
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Did you make it past Blue Mountain?

Did you make it past Blue Mountain?
    I'm not sure, I got to the point where you follow the siren to b's hideout and starts talking about the thing. At which point I stopped and backtracked to the start and did the missing person report where it lead me to a dead old man, the hippie camp and the blonde chick I should of met first.

I'm not sure if certain missions are story lined chain, but the whole story felt disconnected
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The missions with the film reel icon are main story missions. I think the main Solomon Island mission is called Dawning of an Endless Night. The story stays pretty sporadic, but it does start to come together. I haven't finished it myself, but it does get more interesting, with the basic missions giving more fleshing-out to the main storyline. It's interesting but it definitely has not all come together at the point I've reached.

Kingsmouth was kind of bleh for the most part (imo) but Savage Coast is fantastic.

I heard rumors that closed beta players have each been given a friend invite to the closed beta. If anyone here have a spare one I would love to test the absolute shit out of TSW for the next couple weeks as my holiday is coming up and I got nothing on my plate. Pretty please, with a cherry on top, ship me a PM <3

wow so quick... =P

Also how would anyone in the CBT be able to give there key away, if that is they was given a key, as it's under a NDA, well thats what i assume as I wouldn't be able to tell anyone about that info if i was in the CBT =P
    Last edited by Goretog; 2012-06-05 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Goretog View Post
    wow so quick... =P

Also how would anyone in the CBT be able to give there key away, if that is they was given a key, as it's under a NDA, well thats what i assume as I wouldn't be able to tell anyone about that info if i was in the CBT =P
    The email says to give it to your closest friend, apparently. I would assume that the friend would be subject to the NDA as soon as accepting the key.

The email says to give it to your closest friend, apparently. I would assume that the friend would be subject to the NDA as soon as accepting the key.
    Correct, as soon as the person enters the buddy key to their account they have to sign the NDA.

Also I know they are having closed beta weekends soon, and some company's are giving away a lot of keys for it. which = NDA go's out the window. not like it has ever stopped morons from dropping spoilers and uploading videos anyway.
    Last edited by Jailbuild; 2012-06-05 at 03:55 PM.

the beta weekends are not under NDA, including previous ones, as they are limited, the CBT however is ^^

well seeing as people are just posting on here, yeah it says give it to your closest friend but not everyone has a friend who wants to play or there friends are already playing =P

My thing was (and lets be honest it's just messing round with words) technically when you tell your friend your in the CBT you violate the NDA bit of a git really ^^

that's why Firefall ws great, i got in the first 500 CBT of firefall and straight away the derv's said "you can tell anyone you want your in but everything else is under NDA" this was mainly due to the fact they gave us alot of extra keys as they ramped up the CBT and it was easier to give out.

I don't honestly see the big deal about telling someone you are in a CBT of a certain game, in the end as long as you don't give out info on said game or vids ect then i see no problem.
    Last edited by Goretog; 2012-06-05 at 08:18 PM.

Honestly the NDA for this game is really only in effect still to keep with the mysterious premise of the game.