Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Movies] Jack Sparrow

Personally I think it's one of the best if not the best movie character ever, either way I saw the new movie a few days
    ago and I thought it was awesome.
    Then I came across Lonely Islands song feat Michael Bolton. I laughed my ass of and I can't stop watching
    it. So I wonder what are your thoughts on the "music vid"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

Haha, I like it. I love Jack, BUUT Barbosa is pretty bad ass, too.
    They work well together in the movies, my favorite scenes is involving them together.

Jack Sparrow was awesome in the first movie, because he was colourful character amongst many. His succeess, in my eyes was his doom as the later movies was too much about him rather than the storylines and the same continues in the new movie. PotC had great potential but for me it fell to be a one man's trick, this man being Jack in this case. :<
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Deleted
    He's quite badass indeed, have you seen PotC 4?

you won internet

Thats just EPIC

xXx English is not my first language xXx

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    Jack Sparrow was awesome in the first movie, because he was colourful character amongst many. His succeess, in my eyes was his doom as the later movies was too much about him rather than the storylines and the same continues in the new movie. PotC had great potential but for me it fell to be a one man's trick, this man being Jack in this case. :<
    You do have a point, then again I wouldn't have grown such a interest for the series if it wasn't for Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow .

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 02:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JrTM View Post
    you won internet

Thats just EPIC
    First time watching it? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kauro View Post

First time watching it? :P
    sadly yes :s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JrTM View Post
    sadly yes :s
    Sorry for being so mean to you , but coz of me you'll prolly not be able to get it out of your mind! moahaha

shouldn't the tag be [Music]?
    Druid Paladin Priest Warlock Death Knight Hunter Mage Shaman Warrior Rogue Legendary Epic Superior Uncommon Common Poor
    Quote Originally Posted by Bytes View Post
    2016: Blizzard builds their new HQ on the moon

Jack Sparrow wouldn't be near as good though if anyone BUT Johnny Depp played him. That's Johnny all the way!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zakayron View Post
    shouldn't the tag be [Music]?
    Most likely ye but I have no clue who handles that( I didn't tag it ).

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 02:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Jack Sparrow wouldn't be near as good though if anyone BUT Johnny Depp played him. That's Johnny all the way!
    Indeed, not sure if this mean I'm spoiling the ending in the 4th movie but everything points at a 5th movie in the series

well , late but not too Late , as i share ya opinion
    wouldn't have grown such a interest for the series if it wasn't for Johnny Depp/Jack Sparrow
    cant count how many times i watched Pirates of the Caribbean and still not bored :] Jack Rock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley2ashes View Post
    what a horrible song -_- when michael bolton is the highlight of a song you know its gotta be pretty fail.
    I'ts a shame you don't like it , then again everyone have different tastest and opinions .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ashley2ashes View Post
    its just a complete disappointment that they had to ruin what would be an awesome tribute to captain jack sparrow with so much awful hip hop about some annoying guys clubbing and singing about p--ssy.
    Yeah I feel you, my favourite part is when Michael is standing on the beach singing + the seagul KISS!

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    Haha, I like it. I love Jack, BUUT Barbosa is pretty bad ass, too.
    They work well together in the movies, my favorite scenes is involving them together.
    Pretty much this.
    The only characters I really WANT in Pirates movies now are Jack and Barbosa.
    The Swans got old fast, same with some of the comic relief pirates.

Quote Originally Posted by pickley View Post
    Pretty much this.
    The only characters I really WANT in Pirates movies now are Jack and Barbosa.
    The Swans got old fast, same with some of the comic relief pirates.
    I could live with a WHOLE pirates movie about them, no Swans, or Angelica (I think that was her name) or any forced Mermaid/Religious guy thing.

Deleted
    Yeah I somewhat liked her aswell. But in the third movie that kinda faded out into nothingness sadly

She was too.. I'm probably gonna get flamed, Mary Sue, it seemed like every single guy in the movies eventually fell for her, or something. Angelica was better, I wouldn't mind seeing her again, as long as Barbossa and Jack were the main focus though.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    Meh, I actually liked Keira Knightley in it. Too many movies portrays women as weak and capable of nothing.
    Yes but they also made her a HUGE BITCH.
    They made her strong but they made her unlikable.

Quote Originally Posted by Migari View Post
    I don't see how being a bitch is a bad thing ..

(No, but I see your point, I still think her character evolved quite well though)
    Theres bitchy, then there is BITCHY

She killed Jack, then acted as if nothing happened!
    Any part of the character i liked died then...