Regarding JC and Epic gems, Arrival of 4.2-- will it lose its +81stats due to epic..

Hello..

I'm curious if i'm missing something here, I remember reading a ways back that all proffs are just about equal, giving a flat 80 (or 81) stats. But with epic gems coming out in 4.2, will JC still be the best? Seeing as how people will have gems with +50stats (my guess). The overall gain of JC will be lowered, right?

I hope this makes sense

me also curious!
    Inception is nothing but 2 different states of interception.
    -Einstein

epic gems are coming out in 4.2?

Deleted
    They could just higher the JC gem bonuses so it's back to 80 or whatever it is.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 09:26 AM ----------

And no, they're not coming in 4.2.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    Hello..

I'm curious if i'm missing something here, I remember reading a ways back that all proffs are just about equal, giving a flat 80 (or 81) stats. But with epic gems coming out in 4.2, will JC still be the best? Seeing as how people will have gems with +50stats (my guess). The overall gain of JC will be lowered, right?

I hope this makes sense
    It will yes, from 81 to 51. Numerous posts have been written on this matter, about the fact that jc gems should receive an upgrade while new epiq gems are patched into the game, so we still gain 81, but blizzard so far has refused to acknowledge this matter.

When the epic cuts came out with ToC they upped the amount of stam, int, haste, str, ect you got from dragon's eye gems, I am sure they will do this again.

---------- Post added 2011-05-28 at 07:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Weedow View Post
    It will yes, from 81 to 51. Numerous posts have been written on this matter, about the fact that jc gems should receive an upgrade while new epiq gems are patched into the game, so we still gain 81, but blizzard so far has refused to acknowledge this matter.
    There isn't anything to address yet they haven't added new gems based on what they have done in the past there is no reason to believe they wouldn't up the stats on the JC only cuts again.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Deleted
    where is it stated that epic gems will be launched in this patch
    ?

Regarding those who say epic gems won't be added in 4.2, I personally believe there will be. There's been atleast one datamined

sigh, I doubt they'll be here in 4.2. blizzard won't blow their load so early. regardless... they are a coming sometime or another....

now... In prior xpacks, the JC only gems got bumped up, to reflect the gain from other professions, as well as still remain above epic gem quality.
    smart money is that the same trend will continue.

IMO the real winner with epic gems is BS. two static bonus's in whatever stat is most valuable just increased with epic gems. They'll most likely do the same for the other professions in regard to their bonus being reflective of these changes, but... your BS +int or +str or whatever will be immediately reflected, not prone to procs, and is just a nice gain.

looking back at wotlk, epic gems weren't introduced until 3.2.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to say they won't come until 4.3, seeing how 4.1 wasn't really a raiding content patch.

As for the epic gems in BC, I'm far too lazy to go back and figure it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    But with epic gems coming out in 4.2, will JC still be the best?
    i havent seen any anouncement about epic quality gems in 4.2, no blue post or anything else about gems
    Quote Originally Posted by Zohlomg View Post
    /use NAMEOFTRINKET
    /cast recklesness
    /cast charge
    /gquit
    /cast mortal strike
    /cast bladestorm

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't seen anything datamined hinting at epic gems. There is Crystallized Firestone which looks like a gem but only drops off heroic raid bosses leading us to believe it will be either like primordial saronite or essence of the forlorn

Regarding those who say epic gems won't be added in 4.2, I personally believe there will be. There's been atleast one datamined
    No there hasn't. There was an item datamined that people thought might be an epic gem but it wasn't (I think it was a quest item for the legendary but not 100% sure on that).

Either way, epic gems aren't coming in 4.2. They came out in the TOC patch in WotLK. Since 4.2 is the equivalent of the Ulduar patch and there has been no indication of epic gems whatsoever, it is safe to assume they are not coming.

Now, in the Ulduar patch they did have those fishing gems that were unique equipped and had the same stats as epic gems. Those might be introduced but I think we would have heard something about that.

Lastly, in WotLK they adjusted all profession bonuses around epic gems since not only do they affect JCs but they also affect BS. Everything will be rebalanced and no profession will be at an advantage or disadvantage relative to today.
    I am the co-host of a WoW related podcast at www.warcraftlounge.com. Check it out for tips on making gold, commentary on general WoW news, and entertaining recaps of the stupid shit that has happened to us in game. You can download us at iTunes, where we have a 5 star rating from our listeners.

Quote Originally Posted by Syldarin View Post
    where is it stated that epic gems will be launched in this patch
    ?
    It hasn't been. In Wrath epic cuts didn't come out until ToC, the 3rd tier of raids and in BC you couldn't get epic cuts without Scale of Sands rep which was the 3rd tier of raiding. It looks like 3rd times going to be the charm yet again. I know you could get epic cuts once Quel Damas was introduced but that was over a year into BC and well past many groups moving in and then out of Hyjal.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic gems will not be in 4.2, first of all.

Secondly, in Wrath all of the professions had their bonuses boosted to be equivalent to 2 epic gems, since that's what Blacksmithing gives you. If they didn't do this, everyone would be a Blacksmith to gain an extra 20 stat points.

Quote Originally Posted by discombobulate View Post
    IMO the real winner with epic gems is BS. two static bonus's in whatever stat is most valuable just increased with epic gems. They'll most likely do the same for the other professions in regard to their bonus being reflective of these changes, but... your BS +int or +str or whatever will be immediately reflected, not prone to procs, and is just a nice gain.
    That's always been the case though. You were never forced to use your extra sockets as any particular stat. Why would this change now?