Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleik View Post
    I only use Grid.
    This.
    I play as Holy (Though I have played as Disc) and I don't use mouseover macros or anything. I just chill on grid (Y)

Most of it has been said but my view for what its worth. I don't use mouse overs of any sort, for me it detracts from the fun. People will tell you using mouse overs will increase reaction time or allow you to act faster and make you a better healer or something to that effect. Or that you need it in order to dps. Its simply not true, at least not in any meaningful way, you can create a holy fire/smite macro to target your targets target so no worries there and the time lost from targeting people is so tiny it is not worth worrying about. Im into heroic content at the moment and killed H LK last expac and I have never had an issue. For some people its easier or perhaps just more fun with mouseovers and thats fine but your not going to be a poorer healer for choosing either style, so play how you enjoy it most!

I play Disc and I use VuhDo, I prefer it due to its high level of customization (track bubbles, weakened soul, tank CDs, my buffs, my CDs, important debuffs, can act as decursive etc etc etc).

Another important addon for disc I feel is something to track Rapture, I use Ingalas Rapture. Easy, light weight, unobtrusive.

I use Guardian Spirited as a way to let folks know when I have used, PS, PI etc on them and when it will expire (we don't use vent so this is perhaps more important for me)

Lastly I use a combination of Doom Cooldown Pulse, Fortexorcist and Power Auras to track my CDs/procs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgano View Post
    I prefer to use only X-perl raid frames and heal the old fashioned way. A lot of people will argue with me, but I'll outheal almost anyone who uses an addon anyday. Mouseover healing could be useful if you like it, it's not my preference. If you select your new target within the GCD it doesn't make things any faster.

Edit: Oh yea, Decursive is good. I do use that. Saves a spot on my action bar too.
    Pretty much this, except I use Pitbull and have configured raid frames for it. I've never really used clickheal or mouseover macros, I seem to do okay without them.

[edit] Oh, I do have some custom items added to MSBT to alert me of cooldowns and/or procs.
    Last edited by Purplekitti; 2011-05-29 at 03:01 AM.

id go with clique..that way all u have to do is hold down a set button and click with ur mouse/or button that u have set for that memeber to a party or raid memeber and w/e heal u hav set cast

oh and use x-peral for easy raid group set up

I use Healbot for all of my healers.

Some Use Vuhdo I tryed that and I just like healbot better.

I also tryed grid + Clique until I figured out its not @ all the same. Its basically just a on mouse over macro in the form of an addon.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moistie View Post
    The only AddOn you will ever need or want is VuhDo

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ils/vuhdo.aspx

You can customize mouse clicks to use spells or macros... Offensive spells or defensive ones. I have a 2 button mouse and I can cast all the spells in a priest's spellbook easily. Huge amount of customizable options.

This^^ i Love vuhdo and use it for all my healing toons..

Quote Originally Posted by ProteinOrcWarrior View Post
    Morgano is wrong. When it comes to instant heals/dispels etc mouseover macros or addons are mandatory to save time. Also if you don't use mouseover techniques you can't dps (some heal specs require this for mana regen; judgements, smite, etc)
    To suggest that some specs REQUIRE addons or certain macros is very wrong. They can be done the old fashioned way, it'll just take a bit longer. And unless you're up to Sinestra heroic type levels, that kind of delay isn't going to be important. Even then, it's questionable, with experience you should be able to do it any way you choose.

You should use whatever you're comfortable with.

The only thing I have on a click is decursive, which I have found to be useful.
    Last edited by Purplekitti; 2011-05-29 at 03:09 AM.

Deleted
    One word. VuhDu.

There are a couple of people in this thread saying that they are as good with no addons.

Let me ask those questions:

Is there a way to quickly see at first glance when any class uses a significant CD? (tanks personal CDs or raid-wide CDs)
    Is there a way to quickly see important personal spells on each persons? (tracking renew or PoM for instance)
    Is there a way to quickly see when a raid member gets aggro?
    Is there a way to see incoming heals on each raid members? (both from direct heals and HOTs)
    Is there a way to see all this information at once without a shit-ton of clutter?

If you answered yes to all those questions, you convinced me. Otherwise, you could be a better healer with a couple of key addons. (no matter the number of heroics you cleared)

Note: Those are real questions, I don't know the current state of the Blizz raid frames.
    Last edited by FieryBull; 2011-05-29 at 06:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by snaek View Post
    I'm intrigued by the amount of healers using Clique and similar. What's so special about it? For me it just sounds like it would make healing a little too easy. The only role that actually offers a challenge at times.
    I've never really gotten this logic. How does healing become that much easier when using Clique. You still have to do all the work, the targeting just gets more convenient. You still have to decide who to heal, with which heal, manage your mana and do all the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Serraphis View Post
    Most of it has been said but my view for what its worth. I don't use mouse overs of any sort, for me it detracts from the fun. People will tell you using mouse overs will increase reaction time or allow you to act faster and make you a better healer or something to that effect. Or that you need it in order to dps. Its simply not true, at least not in any meaningful way, you can create a holy fire/smite macro to target your targets target so no worries there and the time lost from targeting people is so tiny it is not worth worrying about. I'm into heroic content at the moment and killed H LK last expac and I have never had an issue. For some people its easier or perhaps just more fun with mouseovers and thats fine but your not going to be a poorer healer for choosing either style, so play how you enjoy it most!
    Same as I said above. I really don't see how mouse-over macros make things easier, all they do is making it more conventient. I'm not going to advocate the glory of mouse-over healing or something, I'm just really curious how people get the perception that mouse-overs/clique/healing frames make things easier. I don't really want to derail the thread, so if you feel inclined to answer you can always PM me.

---------- Post added 2011-05-29 at 08:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vorend View Post
    Is there a way to quickly see at first glance when any class uses a significant CD? (tanks personal CDs or raid-wide CDs)
    No, and neither does my Grid setup. I just have good communication with my raiders.
    Is there a way to quickly see important personal spells on each persons? (tracking renew or PoM for instance)
    Yes.
    Is there a way to quickly see when a raid member gets aggro?
    Yes.
    Is there a way to see incoming heals on each raid members? (both from direct heals and HOTs)
    Yes.
    Is there a way to see all this information at once without a shit-ton of clutter?
    It's not as clean as my grid setup, but it's perfectly readable. My main issue with the Blizzard Raid Frames is that I can't make them as small as I want.
    [/QUOTE]
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyne View Post
    what u want from a raid frame? show ur buff+ debuff , range ? nothing else.
    I want a lot more than that.

Agro checker, to be able to grib people with unwanted agro is extremely usefull! (bliz frames has this aswell btw)
    Direction finder, in case the person I wanted to heal decides to move away for unknown reasons and I don't know exactly which of the people who are far away he is.
    Customized debuffs, I have no need to show the hero debuff on my raid frames and I want to emphasize important debuff such as the squall line debuff when people get picked up, so I will react faster.
    Customized buffs, I would like to see when people use cooldowns so I know I don't have to use flash heal because it's really not one of those oh shit moments.
    Cluster finder, in a spread group it's important to know who would be the most beneficial person to heal with PoH.

And there a probably a few more things I can't remember off the top of my head.

Being able to customize is very important imo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Healbot and ButtonForger = pro healer

I was used to vodoo at ulduar times with my shamy but changed to grid since i changed to dk and there was no need to track all the stuff in such huge raidframes :P
    Now since im healing on my priest (sometimes) im using grid but somehow it aint it like it was b4 cataclysm, raiddebuffs doesnt seem to show atall and im realy missing visual timers for buffs on the target like i had with vodoo.
    I'd like to use the blizz frames tho. Since they look awesome and track all my buffs but somehow im too dumb to configure it to show up horizontical and i cant move the groups 1 by 1 >< (anyone mind helping out here? ) or anyone got a fully priest compatible vuhdo version to share? would appreciate it aswell)
    Last edited by bondgirl; 2011-05-29 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Same as I said above. I really don't see how mouse-over macros make things easier, all they do is making it more conventient. I'm not going to advocate the glory of mouse-over healing or something, I'm just really curious how people get the perception that mouse-overs/clique/healing frames make things easier. I don't really want to derail the thread, so if you feel inclined to answer you can always PM me.[COLOR="red"]
    The ease is in the convenience mate, kinda answered your own question didn't ya

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serraphis View Post
    The ease is in the convenience mate, kinda answered your own question didn't ya
    Not really. I could do my exams with a quill, which would be less convenient, but wouldn't make the exam any harder. I could use my mums tiny car with not enough leg-room instead of my own car, and that would make driving less convenient, but not actually harder. Healing is not like digging a hole in the ground where superior (or different) equipment makes you so much better at the job.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Not really. I could do my exams with a quill, which would be less convenient, but wouldn't make the exam any harder. I could use my mums tiny car with not enough leg-room instead of my own car, and that would make driving less convenient, but not actually harder. Healing is not like digging a hole in the ground where superior (or different) equipment makes you so much better at the job.
    Haha, go and check the deffinition of convenient mate. From my dictionary at home: 'Useful or suitable, because it makes things easier, is close by, or does not involve much effort or trouble."

Your quill example is misleading by the way, the difficulty of the exam is in no way related to the quality of writing implement. It would be far less convenient to WRITE with a quill verses a pen but the content of the exam is in no way affected. And I dunno about you but if my knees are jamed right up against the steering wheel manoeuvring the car is most certainly more difficult =D.

Finally, as I said in my original post, mouse overs/ no mouse evers, it is meaning less. Your not going to be a poorer healer for choosing one or the other (similarly you wont be better for choosing one or the other), what ever makes ya happy.

No, and neither does my Grid setup. I just have good communication with my raiders.
    From your responses, I agree that a raider can be as good with the built in Blizz raid frames then. They really are feature complete.

However, a good Grid setup can show tank CDs and significant CDs. And it'll beat the best communication you can have. Overall, it's a not a very big deal, but it certainly helps on progression. But I guess it might be overkill and I'm a perfectionist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Velani View Post
    i use vuhdo & decursive for all my healers...nothing else really
    What decursive does that vuhdo does not? I'm not too sure.

I use Healbot and I'm often ashamed to admit that.
    I have been using it since BC and am so familiar with its layout and style that I can't switch, Grid and VuhDoo don't do it for me.

Deleted
    I was using Healbot back at 80s to heal with my druid and now I use it again with my shaman