Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The "umad" stuff. It's just annoying and it makes you sound stupid.

Deleted
    "QQ", "casual", "wrath baby", etc

Deleted
    Doing Folklores Studies as my minor subject at university, and having looked quite a bit at modern Internet-culture and its "folklore" (basically, urban legends, unwritten behaviour codes online, memes etc.), I'd like to say that memes have a place and arguably even serve a function in communicating mutual culture. I would not like to brand any memes as "needing to die" any more than I'd like other uses of language to "die". I can say I don't like them, but you have to understand that other people may think they are funny or cool, or just part of online culture.

Anyway. What I feel is a stupid convention is for people to spout memes (especially the most prevalent ones) when they actually have nothing to say - when it becomes "insert witticism or gleeful remark here", and you spin the Wheel of Fortune to choose either 'umadbro', 'trololololloloo' or 'blank noun is blank', it loses its point. It's like swearing because of habit or because of insecurity.

But I would honestly like to ask what is so wrong with the phrase 'false sense of entitlement'? Yes, it's a value judgement (i.e. it shows that the speaker/writer has an opinion about the issue), but your original post is equally much a value judgement. You could argue about what a false sense of entitlement is - whether it means that the entitlement is unwarranted, or whether it means that the person in question is fooling themselves, or so forth - but the phrase itself is just a way to state an opinion. I for one think the stereotypical "purpz nao!" is an unwarranted attitude which shows no patience nor interest in making an effort, but I digress.

edit: Also, see Kangodo's post a little below mine regarding 'meme' and the discussed phrase.

Long story short, memes are not bad. Using memes when you have absolutely nothing to say is bad. Also, using memes to say that your opinion is the right opinion is equally bad.
    Last edited by mmoca898f3f219; 2011-05-28 at 08:58 PM.

lawl bro umad?? fgt nerd gtfo ma intarwebz u gna b 4vr alon3 bcz u liek muddkippz

Yeah I know exactly what you mean. 'lolumad' is only used by retards when they run out of logical, if any, responses.

Image boards are filled with weaboo backward fucks that think they're cute and funny and spawn this stupid shit.

troll thread is troll.

I totally forgot about that one...

I HATE the "The statement Below is false" and the whole "The statement above is true" thing too.

10+ Year Old Account
    "umad" is the most annoying one. It's absolutely everywhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by auloria View Post

ironically, "kill it with fire" is far worse. :d
    ikr? :d:d:d:d:d

10+ Year Old Account
    Why you so Jon Madian?

All your thread, are belong to us.
    u mad bro?
    I heard you like memes, so I put a meme in your meme, so you can enjoy the memes while you enjoy the memes.
    Want some cheese with that whine?
    Adjective is adjective.

These are the ones I don't like. Some are completely useless, and seem to be going around for the sake of going around. I heard you like going around, so I put going around in your going around, so you can go around when you go around. See what I mean?

Deleted
    Anything that spawned in the minds of 4chan kiddies...

Also, INBE4OVER9000INTHEMOUNTAINS

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ''Wrath baby''

Please remove this from my brain

All old memes are used exclusively for attempts to fit in, by the socially inept; or as trolling material

Deleted
    It's over 9000!

DIE!

Deleted
    also when people quote a post just to say "this". it adds nothing at all to the discussion.

and the meme "you liek mudkipz" i dont even know what a mudkipz is, all i know is i want it dead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentful View Post
    ''Wrath baby''

Please remove this from my brain
    Flee screaming into the black forest.
    ... they have cookies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    also when people quote a post just to say "this". it adds nothing at all to the discussion.

and the meme "you liek mudkipz" i dont even know what a mudkipz is, all i know is i want it dead.
    This (in case you don't notice, it's a hyperlink).

Otherwise too, if you people want to discuss memes and "memes", http://knowyourmeme.com/ is your best bet to check whether a phenomenon actually registers, i.e. "whether the Internet gives a shit" about it enough for it to be properly called a meme. Also some source of good hilarity if you're into memes (random plug: the 'Gentlemen' TF2-originated meme is a hilarious example of the meta-meme 'crossing the memes').

There is nothing wrong with phrases or memes by themselves. It's when people say something in a hurtful or condescending, arrogant way to simply "troll" others ignorantly... that's sad, and it doesn't matter if it's a meme or not. If you're not open-minded and helpful towards other people but instead making fun of them, it doesn't matter if you have the broadest vocabulary and most original phrasing.
    Also, I'm usually more irritated by purposefully incorrect use of grammar, than overused catchphrases. "plox" is probably my #1 least liked "word".
    Last edited by Valamivan; 2011-05-28 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    I wonder if Shakespeare has a line that roughly works out as umadbro?

also, I fucking hate words like "innit?" especially when used out of context "yeah, but I saw im walkin into a film yesterday with Trish tho innit?"
    "Yesterday, I saw him walking into a cinema with Trish although is it not?" IT DOESN'T FUCKING MAKE SENSE!

Deleted
    Memes?

I remember memes... in the mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamG3691 View Post
    I wonder if Shakespeare has a line that roughly works out as umadbro?

also, I fucking hate words like "innit?" especially when used out of context "yeah, but I saw im walkin into a film yesterday with Trish tho innit?"
    "Yesterday, I saw him walking into a cinema with Trish although is it not?" IT DOESN'T FUCKING MAKE SENSE!
    I think innit is just one of those chav words, innit.

I assume you're British.