Question Question on Nef 10 normal

Is phase 2 that hard to heal? I mean, most of the time I play on my mage, but last night my guild just could NOT keep people up on the pillars. Is there something we're missing in the equation? I thought blast wave was the only part of the phase that would make that "hard". I figured the bolts wouldn't hit that hard.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with the bolts is that someone can be hit with multiple in quick succession. It can be difficult, especially if your healers are undergeared, not managing cooldowns, not managing mana, or you're pushing a Crackle in that phase.

Do you have a WoL you want to point us to so we can pinpoint what's going on?

By the way Blast Nova should not be going off. Ever.

What kinda heals where you running with?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Unfortunately, no I don't have a log from last night. I'm just curious because it seems like every single time we get up on the platforms to start phase 2 someone dies, and I'm just trying to asses why. Heals are 2 shammies and a holy pally btw.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sonshinegreene View Post
    Unfortunately, no I don't have a log from last night. I'm just curious because it seems like every single time we get up on the platforms to start phase 2 someone dies, and I'm just trying to asses why. Heals are 2 shammies and a holy pally btw.
    Whose platform keeps failing? Are you pushing Crackles? Are Blast Novas, in fact, going off? If Blast Nova goes off your issue is not with your healers. Is everyone topped off or nearly so BEFORE the phase 2 transition?

Tip: I pop Aura Mastery as the lava is coming up, to reduce some Fire damage going into the phase and to help keep everyone at high health going into the phase. If the issue is going into the phase, remind your raiders that a bandage or health pot might not be a bad idea. You usually have a couple seconds between the time you get to your pillar and the time the lava rises.

Are they getting stuck in the lava before actually getting up to the platform? They could be taking a lot of damage from the lava, and then getting hit by a bolt (or several) as they come up.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they are dying right at the start it could be due to people being slow to get out of the lava and on to platforms. The lava adds a stacking dot so the longer it takes to get out the harder you are making it on your heals. Try turning off water collision if people are having a tough time getting out.
    "Brevity is...wit"

If Blast Nova is cast, that means something is wrong and it's a wipe. Shadowflame Barrage has a 2 sec cast and hits a random target for 20K. That's it. There should be nothing hard here.
    Last edited by Senka; 2011-05-29 at 12:42 AM.

make sure you are spreading out on the pillars as much as possible, if you are stacked on someone the blast can hit other people. so if on a pillar with 3 people make a triangle, if the one with 4 people make a square. it helps to get into position around the pillar as best as possible before the lava starts if you can.

If its a problem between getting from p1 to p2 (ie getting ONTO the platforms), its more likely that its an issue with the individual players rather than heals. That lava does some significant damage and if your players are not doing it in an expedient manor then there is really not a lot the healers can do. Get up there quickly and pop a defensive CD if you need to (Barkskin, Dispersion etc etc). A disc priest can be quite useful too. Get them to pop a bubble on a few of the slower members (or put the slower members with the disc priest).

Actually, I decided to go a step further because I am so tired of people being at a loss for what to do with Electrocute, especially on the platforms. If healing is a problem after everyone is on the platform because of Electrocute, then get your raiders to learn their class and use anything that reduces damage or heals fast. Here's a list:

Warrior: Defensive Stance (Shield Wall if it's ready), Enraged Regeneration
    Rogue: Feint, Recuperate
    Paladin: Divine Shield, Divine Protection (Glyph grants further effectiveness), Any healing spell (Retribution could save 3 Holy Power for Word of Glory)
    Death Knight: Anti-Magic Shell, Icebound Fortitude, Death Strike
    Druid: Barkskin, Frenzied Regeneration, Survival Instincts if Feral, Instant Heal if Feral Cat
    Shaman: Glyph of Stoneclaw Totem, Any healing spell (Instant if Enhancement), Glyph of Elemental Mastery
    Hunter: Deterrence (not completely sure but should work), Glyph of Raptor Strike, Chimera Shot if Marksmanship, Spirit Mend if Beast Mastery
    Mage: Ice Block, Mana Shield (Bonus effect as Arcane), Mage Armor, Mage Ward (for a following Shadowflame Barrage, won't affect Electrocute), Ice Barrier as Frost (Glyph grants further effectiveness)
    Warlock: Sacrifice (Voidwalker), Shadow Ward (for a following Shadowflame Barrage, won't affect Electrocute), Drain Life (Can consume a Soul Shard to empower it), Fel Armor, Siphon Life as Affliction, Nether Ward as Destruction
    Priest: Power Word: Shield (duh), Any healing spell, Guardian Spirit as Holy (for the priest or anyone that's low for any reason), Power Word: Barrier as Discipline, Dispersion as Shadow

And finally, there are such things as Healthstones and Potions. So no one has ANY reason to leave Electrocute damage and any damage immediately surrounding it to just the healers. Do not accept that from your raiders.