Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ...
    How about something along the lines of the Battered Hilt chain. In the end you get a class specific legendary weapon and everybody goes home happy.

Except for the elitist who would hate that idea.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 04:13 AM ----------

They sort of had a class specific legendary when they made the Sunwell bow. Sure, Rogues and Warriors could use it, but how often would you really shoot the thing? The stats were all you could use on it.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Wounds View Post
    They made a BOW that only HUNTERS would use. Yet they won't make A dagger that 4 CLASSES could use. Hunter,shaman,rogue,warrior. But also make the proc most beneficial to rogues but keep the stats nice for the other classes :P

I believe it has been mentioned, that Thoridal wasnt BiS for hunters. So it would be quite feasible to give it to rogues and warriors as a stat stick. And not ONLY HUNTERS would use.

think blizz are following a pattern here, where they havent repeated a legendary. so i dont think blizz are going to put in a legendary for rogues any time soon until all the other classes have one (tanks,polearm legendary?,).
    basing this off the fact that healers,caster,rogues,dk/paly/war have all had a legendary so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    I still place my bets on a polearm or staff, maybe switches into a bow.

Blizzard stated, as others have said, several things on the next legendary.
    1)Its not for tanks.
    2)No melee daggers.
    3)It will have a much more narrow use than the caster staff of 4.2

Dragonwrath is usable by 5 classes. Based off of the 'much more narrow' statement, I'd take a guess at 2 or 3 max classes using it. 4 is not much more narrow. Since casters just got Dragonwrath and str melee just got Shadowmourne, this leave rogues, ferals, hunters, and shamans. Hunters and ferals could share a polearm/staff(could possible switch to a bow on right click), and rogues/shamans could share mace/axes. Yes, hunters could share as well, but due to them not having any 1h enchants this expansion, its not likely, unless they add one.

Lastly, feral has never had a legendary, rogues had glaives for quite a while(and 2 at that!), shamans had 1 way back in vanilla, and hunters had the VERY short lived end-of-bc bow. Maybe I'm biased, but...I bet it will be hunter/feral.
    They never said "No Legendary for Tanks"... I'm really tired of people taking what Blizzard says out of context.

This is exactly what they said, "The answer is not soon, but probably eventually."

We all know what soon means for Blizzard, Tanks could get a legendary for 4.3 or 8.0..

Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    It would likely be a one handed mace/axe. Such that Rogues, Warriors, Enhancement Shaman and DKs could make use of it. Limiting it to daggers (outside of having it take the form of different weapon types) would make it only usable for one class, which they try to avoid.
    You mean like Thoridal?

On another note, ferals have yet to have one, whereas rogues had glaives and thunderfury.

Reading through most of these posts it seems people are forgetting that Thunderfury was bis tank weapon and that many Warrior tanks used MH Warglaive to tank and also got offhand for fury. The Glaives have also since been edited so that DK is able to use them making none of the current legendary weapons rogue specific or priority<some can argue on glaives, but if you were around during TBC you seen many warriors with this set>. There have been 2 staffs now, 3 2hander, 4 onehand/offhand and a bow not including any of the KT fight weapons. One of the 4 onehand weapons might have been mainhand healing mace cant remember, but I don't really see a pattern. Chances are even a new legendary might be a different item all around. Maybe a Shield, or Trinket which might be a cool change if done right.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sii View Post
    You mean like Thoridal?

On another note, ferals have yet to have one, whereas rogues had glaives and thunderfury.
    actually ferals could use atiesh, the itemization blew but it was still bis for them. and blizzard already said they werent going to make a legendary that only one spec could use, and seeing as you NEVER SEE a druids weapon as feral, there really would be no point.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 05:26 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kritheo View Post
    Reading through most of these posts it seems people are forgetting that Thunderfury was bis tank weapon and that many Warrior tanks used MH Warglaive to tank and also got offhand for fury. The Glaives have also since been edited so that DK is able to use them making none of the current legendary weapons rogue specific or priority<some can argue on glaives, but if you were around during TBC you seen many warriors with this set>. There have been 2 staffs now, 3 2hander, 4 onehand/offhand and a bow not including any of the KT fight weapons. One of the 4 onehand weapons might have been mainhand healing mace cant remember, but I don't really see a pattern. Chances are even a new legendary might be a different item all around. Maybe a Shield, or Trinket which might be a cool change if done right.
    doubtful. blizzard already said if they were going to make a tanking legendary all the tanks would be able to use it. for a caster shield, well they just got one.
    a healing shield would be useable by 2 specs in teh game and thus not likely
    as for a trinket, blizzard already said they wanted legendaries to be visible.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    actually ferals could use atiesh, the itemization blew but it was still bis for them. and blizzard already said they werent going to make a legendary that only one spec could use, and seeing as you NEVER SEE a druids weapon as feral, there really would be no point.
    There is always the possibility of a reskinned cat/bear form, or give them a fresh flashy aura around them, there is always a way around

"Friends don't let friends be gnomes."

Quote Originally Posted by -Cynical- View Post
    They never said "No Legendary for Tanks"... I'm really tired of people taking what Blizzard says out of context.

This is exactly what they said, "The answer is not soon, but probably eventually."

We all know what soon means for Blizzard, Tanks could get a legendary for 4.3 or 8.0..
    Yes, I suppose you are right, they never said no. Sure, it could be a run around, but still, based on the information given in that answer, I think they will not be doing a tanking legendary.

---------- Post added 2011-09-12 at 05:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by marcelos11 View Post
    actually ferals could use atiesh, the itemization blew but it was still bis for them. and blizzard already said they werent going to make a legendary that only one spec could use, and seeing as you NEVER SEE a druids weapon as feral, there really would be no point.[COLOR="red"]
    Ferals dont have to be the only one to use it. Feral+hunter, blam. Solved. As I said in my other post, based on the fact that Blizzard said "The 4.2 legendary has fairly wide appeal, and the 4.3 legendary will have much more narrow appeal," it works and fits that.

Quote Originally Posted by KCee View Post
    I believe it has been mentioned, that Thoridal wasnt BiS for hunters. So it would be quite feasible to give it to rogues and warriors as a stat stick. And not ONLY HUNTERS would use.
    Um you are horribly wrong. Maybe after 3.0 it wasn't bis, but thats essentially WotLK. Steadyshot ONLY used bow damage and was the main attack of hunters raiding sunwell. Thoridal had the arrow dps as part of the weapon because it doesn't use arrows which meant the steady shots were substantially larger. The reason to give it to a rogue/war was that if you had a Thoridal drop, then you have beaten the game so it doesn't matter who gives the raid more dps at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Lastly, feral has never had a legendary, rogues had glaives for quite a while(and 2 at that!), shamans had 1 way back in vanilla, and hunters had the VERY short lived end-of-bc bow. Maybe I'm biased, but...I bet it will be hunter/feral.
    Feral had Atiesh. Resto had Atiesh/Val. Boomkin has the new one. So your class has had 4 legendaries, rogues have had 3 (depending on how you count the glaives and if you count the bow its 4). So not only are you wrong about ferals but since you are comparing towards the whole rogue class, you should really compare the whole druid class.

Edit: Also if its a feral legendary it is also a tank legendary, since theres no feral weapons with actual tank stats anymore, which they said it won't be.

I would like to see the next legendary be for one (/some) of the 5 classes who can't equip the current one.
    Last edited by Sesshou; 2011-09-12 at 05:43 PM.

It's very likely to have an AGI legendary. What will be it's very difficult to say now, since there are many theories, all equally possible (apart from the single class/spec combo imho).

For ferals, they could easily make something like Fandral's staff, Blizzard has proven it's not a problem for them. Anyway, i would like to see mroe shaman love, and any weapon a shaman can use, so can use a rogue. That's why I think rogues can have a chance next patch.

Anyway we still don't know nothing
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Usable by all classes...
    No requirement for type of armor...
    Visible...

Methinks a glowing cape of glowy-ness would be awesome. Like a cape that was on fire, or had some sick effect...or gave you some ethereal presence such as a shadow priest, just...cooler.

Then again, they could take the Atiesh route - and if applied to capes, would need...what...like 3 different types of capes maybe? Stam/Int/Spr with crit/mastery/haste, Stam/Str with dodge/parry/something, Str/Stam with haste/mastery/crit.

Or, just introduce a questline that gives you a legendary unique to your class...why not? Who cares what they've said in the past. Or maybe...

A legendary companion. Like the Ethereal Soul Trader, but even cooler. I mean they could virtually do anything they want (pun intended). Deal with it