Spirit cloth in 4.2

It's the PTR. Really... I know tables are to be made yet, and all that good shit.

I'm not panicking, but i'm certainly a bit concerned with the lack of it.

We have a spirit helm, and a neck, that's it.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...3000602?page=1

Holy Paladins have items available for 7 slots; Shoulders, Hands, Chest, Wrist, Legs, Head, Feet.
    Restoration Shamans have items available for 6 slots: Shoulders, Chest, Wrist, Legs, Head, Feet.
    Restoration Druids have items available for 7 slots: Shoulders, Hands, Chest, Wrist, Legs, Head, Feet.
    While priests are forgotten with an item available for 1 slot: Head. (two with neck)
    I'm not sure if this is a case of the gear not being up yet. (certainly possible) but for people choosing what to take now it's a concern, and a valid one.
    shadowpriests use the spirit, as do boomkins, and ele shammys....

Also... why? are they that confused about the direction that they want to take our class? am I to be crammed into bubble bot role?

Figured i'd mention it here, flame me, blizz fanboy me to death, whatever.

Still its creepy there is none.

edit, here is alink to the wowhead datamining thread. http://www.wowheadnews.com/blog=1898...-drops?refresh
    Please, I know its 'PTR' and all that good shit can change. but its "player test realm" for a reason, we are supposed to be testing it, as well as seeing flaws and reporting them.
    to not do so is irresponsible.
    Last edited by discombobulate; 2011-05-29 at 06:43 AM.

Not including tier pieces, here's a list of spirit-related items usable to priests in 4.2:

Head:
    Vision of the Flickering Flame
    Vision of the Flickering Flame (Heroic)

Shoulders:
    No non-tier pieces (only T12 healing).

Chest:
    No non-tier pieces.

Wrists:
    Firesoul Wristguards
    Firesoul Wristguards (Heroic)

Gloves:
    Grips of Altered Reality

Belt:
    None!

Legs:

Feet:
    Endless Dream Walkers

So we have Head+Wrists+Gloves+Feet = 4 slots. While it isn't as many as other spirit using casters, we also have spirit on 5/5 T12 Healing pieces and 2/5 T12 Shadow, plus trinkets like Firey Quintessence which has 383/433 spirit on it, plus rings/neck/cloaks with spirit, PLUS reforging and gemming. Something tells me that priests will be fine.
    @TwintopTahoe Twintop @ Illidan-US HowToPriest
    Simulate Your Character on Beotorch! https://www.beotorch.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Healing pieces and 2/5 T12 Shadow, plus trinkets like Firey Quintessence which has 383/433 spirit on it, plus rings/neck/cloaks with spirit, PLUS reforging and gemming. Something tells me that priests will be fine.
    You can't use shadow gear as is without shadowform and still get the bonus' also, those would be tier pieces?

I'm not concerned with badge 378 loot either. Raid heroic drops are the concern.

simply put we aren't represented properly in the loot tables.
    Last edited by discombobulate; 2011-05-29 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by discombobulate View Post
    You can't use shadow gear as is without shadowform and still get the bonus' also, those would be tier pieces?

I'm not concerned with badge 378 loot either. Raid heroic drops are the concern.

simply put we aren't represented properly in the loot tables.
    Way to not include the "5/5" in front of "Healing pieces and..." in my quote, first off.

Second, you didn't specify healing or shadow so I included both.

Third, you never specified about 'heroic drops' in your original post, just complaints about a lack of spirit cloth pieces in general. Be more clear.

Fourth, since healing does have 5/5 spirit on pieces, you're really only able to look at Feet/Wrists/Belt/Boots. The only non 391/397 slots that don't have a spirit option are belts and boots, where boots *do* have a 378 option. Are you *really* going to stack spirit in every slot? I do understand that healing is going to be more demanding in Firelands but even with where healing is in T11 you don't see healers stacking the hell out of Spirit since Intellect is better for regen and raw healing.

first off, 5/5 wasn't included and isn't represented in the other spirit classes gear choices.

two, you are pretty much an idiot if you thought healing priests can use shadow gear at least the tier effectlivly, ok fine there is a badge, or teir drop used to fill a slot that other classes are making use of their "BIS" via random raid drop as the fifth. Simply fail there man.

Third, the post is comprised of raid drops, and those that scale at t12 heroic, what in god's name makes you think i'd be worried about badge vendor 378 gear?

fourth, every healer set has the same bonus you mentioned. Why should our options be different?

we have two healing specs, perhaps later with different stat values, now couple that with a lack of options, and more so the pieces that we need besides the gloves, chest, helm, shoulders and legs.

Personally I run two sets, one stacked with ouput, one with a pile of regen. (its not needed anymore but progressionally it sure as hell was)

Point is, why are we limited to 1-2 drops, when the other tables have 6-7. stop blurring the lines man, it is what it is.

first off, 5/5 wasn't included and isn't represented in the other spirit classes gear choices.
    Having a difficult time understanding what you're getting at. Also, (from what I can see), Resto Druids have 4/5 with spirit, and Resto Shammies and Holy Paladins have 5/5. How isn't this not being represented?

two, you are pretty much an idiot if you thought healing priests can use shadow gear at least the tier effectlivly
    Where did I say this? You mentioned Shadow Priests, Boomkins, and Elemental Shaman in your original post so I included what SHADOW pieces have spirit on them because SHADOW Priests use Spirit for hit, in addition to the HOLY/DISC pieces that have Spirit on them.

ok fine there is a badge, or teir drop used to fill a slot that other classes are making use of their "BIS" via random raid drop as the fifth. Simply fail there man.
    How exactly is this fail? What point are you even trying to get at with this part of your post?

Third, the post is comprised of raid drops, and those that scale at t12 heroic, what in god's name makes you think i'd be worried about badge vendor 378 gear?
    I looked at your linked post (which is almost a mirror image of this posting, but with fewer replies at this point -- are you bitching just for the sake of bitching?). In the link inside the link to your post on the main WoW board (why not provide it in this one if it is such a big deal?), you did link to the loot tables from Firelands; however, you never specified normal or heroic mode. Half of the drops in Firelands are ilvl 378/384 and is the loot you'll have access to for the first part of the tier. Again, be more clear.

fourth, every healer set has the same bonus you mentioned. Why should our options be different?
    Now you're just contradicting what you said in the initial part of your post.

we have two healing specs, perhaps later with different stat values, now couple that with a lack of options, and more so the pieces that we need besides the gloves, chest, helm, shoulders and legs.
    True enough, but you also have to remember that Leather and Mail Spirit non-tier pieces have two roles to fill: healer or spirit-DPS. Cloth has healer, spirit-DPS, and two traditional caster DPS classes. It isn't terribly surprising to see fewer spirit cloth pieces on loot tables when half of the cloth classes/roles can't use them. If anything, Holy/Disc Priests have more gearing options than Druids/Shaman/Pallies (especially Pallies) because of the need for role-ambiguous pieces that lack both Spirit and Hit.

Additionally, this is exactly the realm that reforging was intended to fill.

Personally I run two sets, one stacked with ouput, one with a pile of regen. (its not needed anymore but progressionally it sure as hell was)
    And it probably will be needed again -- that's the way of things.

Point is, why are we limited to 1-2 drops, when the other tables have 6-7. stop blurring the lines man, it is what it is.
    2 drops, 4 in total. There are reasons why this is the way it is, though. Here are another two bonus reasons why this is happening: 1) a lack of "of the..." gear in this tier, 2) 7 bosses instead of 13 means less items to drop over all.

Quote Originally Posted by Twintop View Post
    Not including tier pieces, here's a list of spirit-related items usable to priests in 4.2:

Head:
    Vision of the Flickering Flame
    Vision of the Flickering Flame (Heroic)

Shoulders:

Chest:
    No non-tier pieces.

Wrists:
    Firesoul Wristguards
    Firesoul Wristguards (Heroic)

Gloves:
    Grips of Altered Reality

Belt:
    None!

Legs:

Feet:
    Endless Dream Walkers

So we have Head+Wrists+Gloves+Feet = 4 slots. While it isn't as many as other spirit using casters, we also have spirit on 5/5 T12 Healing pieces and 2/5 T12 Shadow, plus trinkets like Firey Quintessence which has 383/433 spirit on it, plus rings/neck/cloaks with spirit, PLUS reforging and gemming. Something tells me that priests will be fine.
    The Problem with that is that there still are only 2 (+5 tier pieces, one of which shares a slot with the head piece in your list) that are upgradeable to heroic versions. Obviously there is more to come, or at least I hope there is.

what happened to all out spirit cloth D:
    will there be a higher number of spirit on those rare few peices?