Thread: Heroic Chim.

Heroic Chim.

We're a 10man guild thats at 6/13 atm, and we recently had our ele sham leave. In Chim he used to go resto for the fight, and we never had any trouble. Without out him, we've tried 3 healing, as well as 4 healing but still haven't managed to down it. Here's out set up:

Ret pally
    Arcane mage
    Surv hunter
    Boomy
    Spriest (holy off set)
    Bear druid
    Warr tank
    Resto druid
    Holy pally
    Disc priest

are there any guilds out there with the same heal set up, that has a decent amount of success with it that could lend us a hand?

Deleted
    Currently struggling on HC Chimaeron myself.
    Our current setup for tonights raid is:
    Tanks
    Warr tank
    Pala tank
    DPS tank (Me, Frost DK)

DPS
    DK DPS (Frost) / Possibly a fury warrior
    Arcane Mage
    Arcane Mage
    Hunter

Healers
    Paladin
    Druid
    Druid (possibly a disc priest)

Having problems with attendance our setups sometimes becomes odd, like tonight when we might have to stack druids and DKs.

I can't really give you feedback on the healing, since I do not play a healer and we're still struggling with him. However a member of MMO-Champion wrote this which might help you to ease the pressure from your healers.

If you do this strat, your tanks should -NEVER- have breaks during feuds aside from the ones that are applied during feud and never be in serious danger of being gibbed. Assume you have a Righteous Fury Ret Paladin / DPS DK in Blood presence named Joe, as well as Tank A named Andrew and Tank B named Bill. Also we are going to assume worst case scenario (Back to back feuds all the time)

Joe initiates the fight and get pounded on, and healers keep him above 10k. Double attack buff happens, and Andrew taunts for the double attack. Double attack happens, and Joe taunts it back. Massacre. Repeat the cycle. Massacre, feud starts. Andrew taunts and hold Chim for the entire feud, using a short cooldown (30 sec - 1 minute) + a longer cooldown (2 minute CDs will always be available due to the nature of this strat. 3 minute cooldowns need to be rotated) when the double attack buff pops up. Feud finishes, massacre happens. Joe is back to "tanking" single attacks while Andrew now has breaks. He'll just dps the best a tank can while Bill now taunts for the double attack. Joe takes it back, and massacre. Another feud. Bill taunts and tanks the entire feud, using the same CD strat as Andrew. Massacre. Joe now tanks single attacks while Andrew's breaks have now fallen off and taunts for double attacks. Massacre. Andrew taunts and tanks the entire feud, using the short cooldown plus his second long cooldown (or his 2 minute cooldown again; it'll be up by now), survives, massacre. Joe does his thing and Bill taunts for double attack. Massacre. Bill tanks entire feud doing the same cooldown method as Andrew. Massacre. Joe and Andrew do their thing, Massacre. Feud happens and Andrew tanks. The 3 minute cooldown he used on the first massacre is up by now and the entire process repeats from here.
    - Ssateneth @ MMO-Champ

Sorry for the lack of feedback on the healer part.

Deleted
    How about you will start by giving us the basic information of what actually wipes you (boss kills us, herp derp) and what's your healing assignments. Help us help you hurt the boss.

Really should have given more info. I'm the ret taking the breaks. I keep healed through beacon and Spriest heals while the holy pally and disc spot heal caustic slimes and fued damage, while the resto druid heals the fued tank and the double attack tank.

We seem to be having issues with the fued tank getting literally 1 shot (not sure if he has an extra break stack or not), and the occasional fued death due to disc raid heals. I guess what I was really asking is what healers would you guys put to what role, based on our set up.

Deleted
    For starters, you have holy pala AND disc priest, there is no reason to make resto druid heal tanks. Also, it's enough to have only one healer healing slimes during the normal phase. Holy priest can do it without even going below 90% mana, and I assume your holy pala will be able to handle it as well, especially since you have spriest offhealing. So I suggest placing pala on raid healing, priest on double attack tank and druid on current tank, helping on double attack one and setting up host for massacre and shutdown phases.

Ofc, ideal situation is to have your druid or pala go DPS and get that holy priest, leaving disc on tanks and assigning holy to raid healing alone. And third healer can /dance 'till massacre.

Also, on massacres tank healer must focus on getting the double attack tank to full, while the helping healer must get current tank above 10k asap. Don't forget that you have around 10 seconds before slimes will start again, so there is no need to get raid up right away(this was the cause of must of our tank deaths). Second thing to remember is that tank will want to use big CD's on shutdowns, and usually we have disc priest pop PS on 3d shutdown.

Since you also have bear tank, have him pop tranq during the shutdown that he is not tanking. Speaking of which, you have 4 raid heals, you can just chain them on every shutdown, that's how we where getting our first kills (no reso shammy as well).

Also, good thing to do is have you healers buy spellpower pots and pop them right before mortality, to heal up even faster.
    Last edited by mmoc485edc1e5f; 2011-05-29 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    For starters, you have holy pala AND disc priest, there is no reason to make resto druid heal tanks. Also, it's enough to have only one healer healing slimes during the normal phase. Holy priest can do it without even going below 90% mana, and I assume your holy pala will be able to handle it as well, especially since you have spriest offhealing. So I suggest placing pala on raid healing, priest on double attack tank and druid on current tank, helping on double attack one and setting up host for massacre and shutdown phases.

Ofc, ideal situation is to have your druid or pala go DPS and get that holy priest, leaving disc on tanks and assigning holy to raid healing alone. And third healer can /dance 'till massacre.

Also, on massacres tank healer must focus on getting the double attack tank to full, while the helping healer must get current tank above 10k asap. Don't forget that you have around 10 seconds before slimes will start again, so there is no need to get raid up right away(this was the cause of must of our tank deaths). Second thing to remember is that tank will want to use big CD's on shutdowns, and usually we have disc priest pop PS on 3d shutdown.

Since you also have bear tank, have him pop tranq during the shutdown that he is not tanking. Speaking of which, you have 4 raid heals, you can just chain them on every shutdown, that's how we where getting our first kills (no reso shammy as well).

Also, good thing to do is have you healers buy spellpower pots and pop them right before mortality, to heal up even faster.
    Resto druids have to use their flash heal to get people above 10k; other healing classes do not. A Paladin can solo heal the caustic slimes with one holy light and one holy shock/2-3 HoPo WoG. Any class can heal the tanks during feuds (except maybe holy priests but assign them to the raid anyways), just make sure they all give the tanks some attention for the first 2 secs of a Feud to get the tanks topped off before the first melee happens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thickasabrick31 View Post
    Resto druids have to use their flash heal to get people above 10k; other healing classes do not. A Paladin can solo heal the caustic slimes with one holy light and one holy shock/2-3 HoPo WoG. Any class can heal the tanks during feuds (except maybe holy priests but assign them to the raid anyways), just make sure they all give the tanks some attention for the first 2 secs of a Feud to get the tanks topped off before the first melee happens.
    Well, as a holy priest I use 2 flashes, sometimes flash+serenity, if I feel like being cheap, so what? As I've said, I can do that while staying around 90% mana all the time. I would not even use mana during this fight, if not for shutdowns, where I burn through it. Anyway, as I've said, druid is kinda awkward for this fight, better keep him as 3d, not-really-doing-much healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Crakers View Post
    Really should have given more info. I'm the ret taking the breaks. I keep healed through beacon and Spriest heals while the holy pally and disc spot heal caustic slimes and fued damage, while the resto druid heals the fued tank and the double attack tank.

We seem to be having issues with the fued tank getting literally 1 shot (not sure if he has an extra break stack or not), and the occasional fued death due to disc raid heals. I guess what I was really asking is what healers would you guys put to what role, based on our set up.
    Caustic Slime deaths are unacceptable and might be an issue of people not being very stacked up, so if someone is too far away, they aren't splitting the damage entirely. You should also alternate Tranq/Barrier for this. About the tank getting 1-shot, are you having the tank take the normal hits AND the double attack? You should still have the other tank taunt off for Doubles. The original tank should pop a cooldown for the hits after the double attack (when he has 2 Breaks). If you get 2 Feuds in a row, have the Double tank take it the entire way through and pop a major cooldown and use Pain Suppression or Hand of Sacrifice to get them through it.
    Alt-aholics Anonymous member since 2005.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...totemic/simple
    85 Restoration Shaman, Elemental off-spec.

Deleted
    How to:

Resto druid on double attack tank full time.
    Disc priest converts to holy priest sets grp to have the 3 tanks + holy paladin + random guy (though not the shadowpriest) in grp1 and the rest in grp2. Priest then throws 1 "heal" at anyone hit by the slime aside from that random guy who also gets a coh. The healing is then assigned so the priest heals people in grp2 first over people in grp1, if there are no people in grp2 to heal he will take the target furtest towards the bottom in grp1 and the paladin will do the opposite. This will ensure you always have only 1 target to heal and make it silly easy to heal.
    Holy paladin beacons the ret paladin and then heals his targets with hl+hs/wog. If the beacon healing is not enough alone make the priest or druid throw a hot on the ret paladin aswell.
    Everytime there's a massacre the priest does 2x PoH and the others just ignore it.

Come feud your double attack tank taunts and pops a minor cd (think barkskin or something). Paladin swaps beacon, throws a divine light on tank and then starts raid healing with dl/hl/hs/lod, priest casts 1-2 flash heals and then moves into the group while casting a coh on grp and renew on the tank and then spams poh, druid just keeps spamming the tank and adds a wgs/efflorence. Once double attack debuff comes up the tank pops a major cd and the priest does a pws (the shadowpriest can also do it!). If you lack a major cooldown for whatever reason insert guardian spirit or bubble+sac.

After feud the tanks swap roles and you just repeat till you reach the feud where the boss is at <25% health, then you pop heroism and all your cooldowns. 2x DH, Guardian+DL spam+2xLoH, ToL+3xTranq, u will want to top the raid off in about 10 seconds and then push into phase2.

We've been using this exact setup and method since mid januar with great results (18 hc kills so far).
    Last edited by mmocff76f9a79b; 2011-05-30 at 02:22 AM.