10m HM Conclave - Adds w no mage/dk

I'm wondering what strategies other groups have used on HM conclave to kill the ravenous creepers when no mage or DK is available to CC the adds on the first round of toxic spore AOE. Our group's DPS consists of: Rogue, Warlock, Ele Shaman, Hunter, S.Priest.

Thanks in advance for responses.

what tank classes do you have?

A warrior can use piercing howl and heroic leap to out range the spore AOE. A blood DK can activate AMS at the right time to avoid getting the spore debuff. If have those tanks I would work with that, but if you have a Paladin and Druid I would probably have the tank round the adds up, and then have the hunter trap them with that improved trap that freezes them in place for a few seconds while the priest grips the tank away. That should buy you enough time not get hit by the spores. After that it's just a matter of killing them before they cast it again.
    Last edited by Pokty; 2011-05-29 at 02:20 PM.

Prot paladin + warrior.

you can try it with rouge. Have him put crippling on his thrown and spam fan of knives. However I would get a dk or mage as it will prolly be much easier

Deleted
    Survival hunter can keep them kited easily, and then just have the two other DPSers AoE them aswell.
    What I did doing it:
    Pre frost trap, pre Snake Trap (15 yards away from frost), you gather them in the frost trap, healing ring comes: Start AoE. Throw Frost trap south of snake, and when they get into 1st snake trap, you can put up a new snake trap.
    You'll root them for 4x4 seconds., and have like 30 yards of slow path. Just make sure everybody is standing towards the kiting/trap path so aoeing etc doesnt get fucked.
    Believe I do it in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUhaUdImMdU
    (As you can see we have a mage in the group, but he's just used for Ring of Frost, and it has CD the 2nd time we are there, so not really used.)

Deleted
    you cxan have a lvl85 dk alt in full greens do the job, just make him spec into the slow and kite the add without killing them, if your other dps are good enough you don't need to touch the adds at all

We just stack up on the tank and have him pull all the adds together with the boss. Then, right before they start to cast spores our spriest fears them all. This prevents them from casting spores at all, then we just roflaoe them down before the next spore cast.

We don't have a hunter though, and kiting them with a hunter would probably be your best bet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously the hunter.

you have a hunter with traps and a shaman who can drop earthbind with roots, really shouldn't be a problem.

also it's trickier to do, but if your warlock is destruction he can shadowfury the mobs just as they cast toxic spores, breaking their cast and effectively resetting the timer.