Page 1 of 2
LastLast

TB Tank trinket and 4.2

I was wondering based off of what has been released so far loot wise, do you think Mirror of Broken Images (TB Mastery/Resist trinket) will still be amazing for 4.2. I am close to getting it but id rather not waste the points if its going to get replaced so soon.

keep it handy

One can never have too many tanking trinkets.

And the resistance is really great. I don't believe I've seen a resistance one that good in the 4.2 loot.

I will definitely be keeping mine for fights where there's a lot of spell damage that can be mitigated. From what I've seen so far on the PTR, I would use it for a few fights such as Beth'tilac, Rhyolith, and Ragnaros. There's lots of really good trinkets available and they all have a fight where once may trump the other. Collect them and be sure to swap during progression to see what works better for you and your raid.

No harm in keeping it around, but it's usefulness won't be known until 4.2 hits. With the current change to holy shield it makes our mastery weaker then perry/dodge. But like fox said the resistance is nice, especially if there's tons of magic damage in firelands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by silvertitan View Post
    No harm in keeping it around, but it's usefulness won't be known until 4.2 hits. With the current change to holy shield it makes our mastery weaker then perry/dodge. But like fox said the resistance is nice, especially if there's tons of magic damage in firelands.
    Do you have a source/confirmation on this?

Mastery will still provide better CtC than parry/dodge (which still suffer diminishing returns) and looking at the firelands gear, there's quite a few pieces without any mastery at all. I'm holding onto this trinket for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Grungit View Post
    Do you have a source/confirmation on this?

Mastery will still provide better CtC than parry/dodge (which still suffer diminishing returns) and looking at the firelands gear, there's quite a few pieces without any mastery at all. I'm holding onto this trinket for a while.
    It's a theory posted in several places.
    Currently mastery gives only higher % of damage reduction per rating point than dodge and or parry, if you have a bit above 11% of both. Easily obtainable even in greens and blues.
    If the current 4.2 changes go through in the way they are, this % will be bumped significantly. I don't have the exact numbers (in a rush atm), but it's a number currently not obtainable with t11 gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    It's a theory posted in several places.
    Currently mastery gives only higher % of damage reduction per rating point than dodge and or parry, if you have a bit above 11% of both. Easily obtainable even in greens and blues.
    If the current 4.2 changes go through in the way they are, this % will be bumped significantly. I don't have the exact numbers (in a rush atm), but it's a number currently not obtainable with t11 gear.
    Hmm. I hadn't seen this theory, but isn't it a bit irrelevant? .. I thought the main idea of capping mastery was to smooth out damage spikes.

Quote Originally Posted by MestHoop View Post
    But even then it might still be more beneficial to have a guaranteed block (and thus a fairly strong holy shield) than just having more RNG avoidance.
    It may also depend on how well Holy Shield works with high hitting abilities of bosses in new content. (should be useful on bosses like chimaeron at least)

Correct me if i am wrong, but TB trink boost you to like... 50% mitigation for spells? It is awsome cd as there is so many bosses with "i kill you with my nuke spell". If we dont get another magic resist trink, i am more than sure TB trink will be still very usefull in firelands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asur View Post
    keep it handy
    with that much resist, i will agree with Asur, even if you 'upgrade' it...chances are you would still use it for a fight or two where there is a huge nuke, an extra 50% some odd damage reduction cd on a 1 minute cd is lovely, sure though only spelldamage but fire themed raid = trinket should be useable.
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Nillo View Post
    But even then it might still be more beneficial to have a guaranteed block (and thus a fairly strong holy shield) than just having more RNG avoidance.
    It may also depend on how well Holy Shield works with high hitting abilities of bosses in new content. (should be useful on bosses like chimaeron at least)
    Yea exactly. It smooths out damage more than it does with high avoidance.
    You might take less damage, but there's no point in that if you take the frontload of the damage half-way through the fight and die.

I think blizz wants to make the choice for us harder. Right now stacking mastery the best option in both reducing damage and making damage intake more smooth. I think they're aiming for a "either take less damage but spikier, or take more damage but smoother".
    Which in my opinion is a valid concern, as so far I've only really swapped out a few trinkets depending on the fight, where as endgame ICC I had 4 sets of gear ready to handle any situation.

My concern is: I hate the current PTR holy shield But that is a different subject all together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Without having checked the loot tables too much, there probably will be better replacements (700 stam trinket anyone?).
    However, the mastery is still king, and the resist can prove even more useful in Firelands, assuming more fire damage overall-

I got lucky with Tank trinkets as I geared up (Finger+Crab) and I have yet to grab this trink...seems like I overlooked this one.

Will be going back to TB dailies again for this one it seems -_- Could be very useful in Firelands!

All of the tanking trinkets so far are garbage.

Mirror will probably be near BiS in Firelands. (Unless you believe that Stam > Mastery)

There's another trinket out there for 4.2 that will absorb like 110K dmg but places a dot on you that makes you take 20% of what you absorbed over 5 seconds or something. Not quite a resistance trinket, but it will absorb any big nuke you want it to. The two used together could be quite potent since it's unlikely we'll need stam trinkets.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    There's another trinket out there for 4.2 that will absorb like 110K dmg but places a dot on you that makes you take 20% of what you absorbed over 5 seconds or something. Not quite a resistance trinket, but it will absorb any big nuke you want it to. The two used together could be quite potent since it's unlikely we'll need stam trinkets.
    Normal - 383 Dodge / 25800 DMG Absorb, Heroic - 433 Dodge / 29125 Absorb.

It's a garbage trinket.

All of the 4.2 trinkets are garbage..
    (All Heroic Versions)
    433 Mastery, When you go below 35% you gain a shield that absorbs 8350 DMG..
    650 Stam, Stores HP from overheals then on use heals you for 7k HP... 2 min CD

What is blizzard thinking?..........
    Last edited by -Cynical-; 2011-05-31 at 12:04 AM.

Mastery will always be the superior stat to dodge and parry since it can make you reach unhittable quicker then dodge and parry does. With the change to Holy Shield though we will probably not reforge any parry or dodge into mastery, that's the only thing i can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by arden714 View Post
    It absorbs 20% of incoming damage UP TO 110k, or if it expires.
    You then take 80% of the absorbed damage as DoT after it has expired or broken.

And it's on a 2 min CD. Unless there is some event or boss in firelands that requires this trinket, I doubt many people will use it.