Poll: I still Tank with my Bear

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Anyone Else give up on their Druid? - Tanking

My main was my druid all the way up to Cata. I have 85 mounts and a large amount of pets and various Achievements etc. I loved tanking with it. Since Cata It is miserable. I gave up and went Resto..Then finally just parked it and played all the other classes. Today I saw a Druid tank in a Random heroic for the first time in forever. He died quickly and left group. My question is..Has anyone else gave up on Druid Tanking since Cata?

No, I think it is better than it has ever been.

<3 my bear.

My druid, she is a feral kitty but i tank the odd heroic(well try to) and she doesnt die very easily...... i gave up on playing a DK.... so a druid is something new
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

Deleted
    Kind of misleading to have a different question in the topic title and the poll title...

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahahaha, oh you. Of course not. Druid tanking is so much fun!
    ''Invincibility lies in the defence; the possibility of victory in the attack'' -Sun Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Kind of misleading to have a different question in the topic title and the poll title...
    Yeah I guess It was a lil, but I think ppl can figure it out ok.
    I'm just curious because not only did I quickly realize that I hated the new mechanics of the druid tank, I had to assume that other ppl did as well. I have leveled 8 toons to 85 and ran probablly 100+ Cata dungeons and Heroics. I never see druid tanks in Randoms. Its like they disapeared from the game. Seems like almost every healer is a Druid though.

Deleted
    Love feral tanking now more than ever, more new mechanics and better dmg migration instead of just beeing that old mana sponge we were before =)

I actually tanked instead of healed on my druid a little bit today to do some heroics for the bag and to max out VPs, I thought that it was quite enjoyable. While I still prefer healing, tanking was fun and didnt have much problems with threat.

i've dps'd alongside a few bear tanks with no issues lately. had one today that was awesomely good. don't think its the class to blame
    This pretty much sums up how i feel about this thread

I'm not a full time tank, but bears are in a good place.

They are just not face-roll simple anymore.

Hell, thru Wrath, no joke, I could have put maul-macroed swipe on every key and nobody would have known the difference.

Edit: Iz gud at englesh.
    Last edited by Dariela; 2011-05-30 at 07:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post

Hell, thru Wrath, no joke, I could have put maul-macroed swipe on every key and nobody would have known the difference.
    Already did that
    But my offspec if bear and it's in a good place, given you have the gear to back it up then there's nothing wrong with it. I'm often used as a 3rd tank on raid encounters (halfus/maloriak) and its survival and damage and threat are all of above average levels.
    If you're not seeing any in HCs, guess all the good ones got raid geared and don't do them anymore :P

Edit:

But seriously, <3 my Druid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't tank on raids but I'm doing pretty fine in HCs.
    I've walked the realms of the dead. I have seen the infinite dark. Nothing you say. Or do. Could possibly frighten me.
    We are not monsters! We are not the mindless wretches of a ghoul army! NO! We are a force even more terrifying! We are the chill in a coward's spine! We are the instruments of an unyielding ire! WE ARE THE FORSAKEN!
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long.

I came back to bear tanking after the 4.1 changes and I love it. The reduced cooldown on Swipe has removed the frustration of tanking groups and survivability is great, my healers tell me all the time. I don't raid as bear so I don't overgear the content either; I still have 3 or 4 pieces of 346 gear (including Seliza's Spear), some 356 gear from VP and rest 353 from the new heroics.

It seems you're just doing something wrong; and so was the bear who died so quickly.

Compared with the other tanks(warrior and paladin at least) I enjoy tanking raids on the druid but far far prefer warrior or paladin for 5mans.

Every other spec on druid I still enjoy a lot.

Deleted
    I currently love tanking on my druid. I don't tank raids because my mainspec is cat, but for 5 mans I very rarely have threat issues and my survivability seems good.

I do agree that there aren't many other bears around though. I have no idea why this is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    I currently love tanking on my druid. I don't tank raids because my mainspec is cat, but for 5 mans I very rarely have threat issues and my survivability seems good.

I do agree that there aren't many other bears around though. I have no idea why this is.
    Probably because people still don't understand the fact that we don't gem stam anymore
    Yes i still play my druid, main spec kitty, offspec overpowered bear and i love it!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I have been, and forever will be a druid since i saw this all those years ago.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Druid 4 Life! Swapped from my Feral Druid to my Balance Druid (TBC Dual Spec ftw) pre-WotLK and havn't swapped back nor have I managed gear up my second druid as Feral. Never been able to find the fun I had back in TBC when it comes to Feral.