Thread: Windows 7

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Windows 7

Yes, I know I can get banned for this.

So, I'm not sure whether or not I should buy Windows 7. My cousin said he has a pirated copy that he can burn on a disk for me. He downloaded it from The Pirate Bay and said that everyone in the comments section said it was a virus free copy, and he hasn't had any problems with it so far. I'm building a computer and I'm afraid I will somehow get a virus and it will destroy my new comp. Should I just spend the extra cash and buy it? Also, the fact that it is illegal doesn't bother me, so don't even bring that up.

[User has received an infraction for this post. No piracy discussions. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-05-30 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    Windows 7 is, as far as I'm concerned, great for everyday use. It's lighter than Vista, faster and easy to configure. There ain't a reason not to try it if you can get your hands on a copy but remember that retail software is always safer than downloaded from the internet.

Windows 7 is great, much better over Vista.

Here is the bottom line though, if you download ANY type of software off of Pirate Bay I can almost guarantee you that you will get a virus. Don't be cheap ass and screw yourself by downloading a virus copy. Dish out the $100 and pick up your very own legit copy. Heck, watch Newegg.com they have sales on Windows 7 all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Buy it.

Microsoft deserves it.
    Your greed, your foolishness has brought you to this end.

- Prince Malchezaar

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas View Post
    Buy it.

Microsoft deserves it.
    lol yeah.. what he said..

If you aren't retarded you won't get a virus, everything I have torrented has been virus free, just have to know where to look and how to scan >.>

[User has received an infraction for this post. No piracy discussions. - Cilraaz]
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-05-30 at 11:50 AM.

Deleted
    pirated versions do work fine alot of times, and they dont have to have virusses. the problem is though, if everyone starts pirating shit all around in the end companys run out of money to research and create new pieces of software.
    windows 7 is definately a very good OS and better than Windows Vista, so i advice you to use it. Buy it though, even if you dont have to

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post

Here is the bottom line though, if you download ANY type of software off of Pirate Bay I can almost guarantee you that you will get a virus. Don't be cheap ass and screw yourself by downloading a virus copy. Dish out the $100 and pick up your very own legit copy. Heck, watch Newegg.com they have sales on Windows 7 all the time.
    lolwut? someone has been filled with false information...

Deleted
    microsoft's largest income is still the company sector.

that being said; just right click on the disc when it's in the bay > scan
    if you have any type of anti-virus installed on your PC that will tell you if there's a virus there

Quote Originally Posted by undead9 View Post
    If you aren't retarded you won't get a virus
    I am when it comes to computers.. :/

with it being a pirated copy you may have trouble getting updates unless it's a corporate version.
    as someone who pirates almost everything, i usually recommend buying the OS just to make things easier on yourself.

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 04:33 AM ----------

there are also much scarier things out there than viruses, especially when an OS is concerned. you have no idea what kind of registry keys or terrible things it might make in the install process that won't be picked up by an initial virus scan.
    The fiction will see the real.

Try it...it hardly ever destroys hardware. If fails say thank you come again and try another one. I always had a copy but as i grown older i started to buy my software. No problems, support , upgrades and your very own key. I love legit stuff + Windows 7 is worth it imo.

Cheerios & gl. + as some guy said above, loads of stuff on the web to buy with discount. I don't think you need ultimate if it's to use word or excel + some wow...

Take the cheapest one, not sattisfied? For a very small price you can upgrade.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=SpaceMonky;11668699]with it being a pirated copy you may have trouble getting updates unless it's a corporate version.
    as someone who pirates almost everything, i usually recommend buying the OS just to make things easier on yourself.[COLOR="red"]

This.

Without a legit key (And I guarentee what you get with TPB won't be, it'll need a crack - or "Shim" or whatever the hell you can get to make OEM-type releases go activation free) you won't be able to apply updates therefore more likely to end up infected to high heaven even if the install media is virus free.

your completely clueless, and obv dont have a clue about software , and as for buying the "legit " copy thats another stupidity , just download off pirate bay, read the instructions , have a minimal knowledge how to work with programs and have everything free and safe . I would consider myself the biggest idiot if i would buy stuff that i could get for free, especially if its that easy as to just download stuff from torrentz

Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-05-30 at 11:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if they deserve it but this definitely isn't the right place to discuss where and how to

I bought my win7 pro legit for only $30.. why skimp on something so cheap when it will be something you'll depend on?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post

TPB is one of the safest places for all your illegal torrenting needs. I have never gotten a virus from there.

That said, if there is one piece of software you should obtain legally it's your OS. Everything else will be running on this software so it's best to have a proper version and be able to get all the updates. This will save you many a future headache.
    If you're a student with a .edu email, you can get a discount on windows 7. Just google windows 7 student

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnio View Post
    your completely clueless, and obv dont have a clue about software , and as for buying the "legit " copy thats another stupidity , just download off pirate bay, read the instructions , have a minimal knowledge how to work with programs and have everything free and safe . I would consider myself the biggest idiot if i would buy stuff that i could get for free, especially if its that easy as to just download stuff from torrentz
    It's people like you that are the reason the price of legitimate software is so high. No doubt you're also one of those that is/would be on their parents car/bike/van insurance to get it a little cheaper, not realising that you won't be able to make a claim if anything happens, and you drive up the cost for everyone else doing it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyoitsyaboy View Post
    Yes, I know I can get banned for this.

So, I'm not sure whether or not I should buy Windows 7. My cousin said he has a pirated copy that he can burn on a disk for me. He downloaded it from The Pirate Bay and said that everyone in the comments section said it was a virus free copy, and he hasn't had any problems with it so far. I'm building a computer and I'm afraid I will somehow get a virus and it will destroy my new comp. Should I just spend the extra cash and buy it? Also, the fact that it is illegal doesn't bother me, so don't even bring that up.
    As I have said in previous threads there are plenty of ways to get ligitimate copies of any of Microsofts products, you just have to know how to get them. Sites Like DigitalRiver, and MSDNAA are always selling ligitimate copies of microsoft products for huge discounts or even in the case of MSDNAA for FREE.
    So check at your work place, (Many companies will provide employees with free copies of Windows, Office) If you're a student, check with your IT department and enrol on the local MSDNAA site via your school/college/uni.

Whatever you might think, Microsoft does an aweful lot to get their products to the people who need them at as close to nothing as possible. I used to be like you everytime I saw a new peice of software in a retail store for over £100... then I discovered the power of actually talking to the IT department at school / work.
    Last edited by Djinni; 2011-05-30 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    As much as I hate M$ I have to admit Windows 7 is awesome. If you plan on gaming on that machine just buy it, It is not THAT expensive and saves you a lot of trouble. Also piracy is bad thing to do, You should never do it unless something is really expensive and you need it (ex. poor art student need to use adobe suit but its retardly expensive). If you can afford W7 and it's not big deal just buy it, you don't need ultimate edition you can get home and will work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyoitsyaboy View Post
    I am when it comes to computers.. :/
    Being retarded has nothing to do with computers. ie if you are retarded, you're just plain retarded altogether.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2