Thread: Windows 7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddilus View Post
    TPB is one of the safest places for all your illegal torrenting needs. I have never gotten a virus from there.

That said, if there is one piece of software you should obtain legally it's your OS. Everything else will be running on this software so it's best to have a proper version and be able to get all the updates.
    This is prob the best answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyteyes View Post
    Windows 7 is great, much better over Vista.

Here is the bottom line though, if you download ANY type of software off of Pirate Bay I can almost guarantee you that you will get a virus. Don't be cheap ass and screw yourself by downloading a virus copy. Dish out the $100 and pick up your very own legit copy. Heck, watch Newegg.com they have sales on Windows 7 all the time.
    Only fools get infected with a virus... i run AVG free for the lolz. I know what to download when where to download... its not so hard to avoid virusses on the interwebs....
    Currently running Windows 7 from the piratebay... AND YES IT IS ACTIVATED... Used my own damn key. Yet it is still a pirated edition...
    No problems whatsoever...

It's people like you that are the reason the price of legitimate software is so high. No doubt you're also one of those that is/would be on their parents car/bike/van insurance to get it a little cheaper, not realising that you won't be able to make a claim if anything happens, and you drive up the cost for everyone else doing it properly.
    its the greedy corporations that makes prices so ridiculous , is what is making me download stuff from PB. I wanted to buy windows 7 , but then i looked and saw that my governement was adding 25% to its price just for taxes, as if it wasnt expensive enough . So if you apreciate beeing robbed "legally" go ahead and continue "buy legally".

10+ Year Old Account
    u prolly wont get a virus from it i can almost assure u u may get updates from MS check for 2 called kb33 it ttrys to register product from microsoft just uncheck an hide it an all will be fine other than that get a boot optimizer such as dazloader with the oem info an ur good

Quote Originally Posted by Djinni View Post
    It's people like you that are the reason the price of legitimate software is so high. No doubt you're also one of those that is/would be on their parents car/bike/van insurance to get it a little cheaper, not realising that you won't be able to make a claim if anything happens, and you drive up the cost for everyone else doing it properly.

As I have said in previous threads there are plenty of ways to get ligitimate copies of any of Microsofts products, you just have to know how to get them. Sites Like DigitalRiver, and MSDNAA are always selling ligitimate copies of microsoft products for huge discounts or even in the case of MSDNAA for FREE.
    So check at your work place, (Many companies will provide employees with free copies of Windows, Office) If you're a student, check with your IT department and enrol on the local MSDNAA site via your school/college/uni.

Whatever you might think, Microsoft does an aweful lot to get their products to the people who need them at as close to nothing as possible. I used to be like you everytime I saw a new peice of software in a retail store for over £100... then I discovered the power of actually talking to the IT department at school / work.
    Until you realize that most people cannot get said software from school or work. Or until you realize that not all piracy is lost sales, most is not actually. Or when you realize that there is no "real" competition for many software companies to drive down prices, not to mention that software is an infinite good due to it being easily copied data. Or realizing that everyone will have a different value for any given thing, and that value may not always equal a monetary value. I see it this way, If I could afford all the software I use, I'd probably have a lot of money. There's A LOT of stuff I like to do, but with current software prices, I cannot. I could get one thing, then get bored, or want to do something else. Or apply it to movies/games. I go buy one, watch/play it, bored the next day because I cannot buy another one due to cost. Because i'm not above middle class, i'm automatically barred from all this? This is actually probably an argument against our current corrupt currency based system however.
    EVGA Classified SR-2 | Intel Xeon X5680 x 2 | Corsair Dominator DDR3-1600 6 x 2GB | XFX HD5970 x 2
    Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC | ASUS Xonar DX | Corsair AX1200 | Corsair TX750
    OCZ Vertex2 60GB | WD Velociraptor 300GB x 2 | Samsung Spinpoint MP4 500GB
    EK-FB SR2 - Acetal+Nickel | EK-Supreme HF - Acetal x 2 | EK-FC5970 Acetal x 2
    Thermochill TA120.4 x 3 | Thermochill TA120.3 | Swiftech MCP655 x 2

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyoitsyaboy View Post
    Yes, I know I can get banned for this.

So, I'm not sure whether or not I should buy Windows 7. My cousin said he has a pirated copy that he can burn on a disk for me. He downloaded it from The Pirate Bay and said that everyone in the comments section said it was a virus free copy, and he hasn't had any problems with it so far. I'm building a computer and I'm afraid I will somehow get a virus and it will destroy my new comp. Should I just spend the extra cash and buy it? Also, the fact that it is illegal doesn't bother me, so don't even bring that up.
    My moto is

Never buy any software product if you can get it for free

I have windows 7 ultimate with a loader attached to it .. so i get lifetime windows

[User has received an infraction for this post. No piracy discussions. - Cilraaz]

---------- Post added 2011-05-30 at 10:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoyoitsyaboy View Post
    I am when it comes to computers.. :/
    No only people who have a registered mental disability are retarded. If you don't have a disability then your not retarded your just uneducated.. then you educate yourself. This is how the world works
    Last edited by Cilraaz; 2011-05-30 at 11:54 AM.

Deleted
    This should've been locked a long time ago. We do not allow piracy on these forums, and therefor will not discuss it.