Poll: Which would win in a fight, a BEAR or a TIGER?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Thread: Bear vs tiger

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Bear vs tiger

Last night I read a thread on AskMen.com, it referenced the question, "Who would win in a fight, a tiger or bear?". So I ask you MMO-Champion community, who would win in a fight, a tiger or a bear?

Polar bear?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Grizzly bear will destroy that tiger by far

Stage, straight up fight, bear wins. Much more powerful paws, bears are unmatched in strength.

Out in the open? Tigers are able to pounce and even break the spinal cord of bears. In Russia, brown bears occasionally are part of a Siberian tiger diet.

It really depends on where the encounter happens, but I would go with a tiger if they were not forced to go face to face like a stage fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the only one who voted for tiger? Honestly, agility+intelligence > brute strength.

10+ Year Old Account
    thats like war vs rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    In Russia, brown bears occasionally are part of a Siberian tiger diet.
    I'd hardly say that a brown bear is the same as a Polar bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    A fair fight the bear, a dirty fight the tiger xP

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    Stage, straight up fight, bear wins. Much more powerful paws, bears are unmatched in strength.

Out in the open? Tigers are able to pounce and even break the spinal cord of bears. In Russia, brown bears occasionally are part of a Siberian tiger diet.

It really depends on where the encounter happens, but I would go with a tiger if they were not forced to go face to face like a stage fight.
    So if it's a duel, the bear will win. But if the bear is out in the wild, doing his dailies or farming food for his cubs, and then the tiger ambushes the bear, the tiger will win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by Baduric View Post
    I'd hardly say that a brown bear is the same as a Polar bear.
    What polar bears? The OP has nothing about specific species.

And polar bears are stronger animals in size, but brown and grizzlies have proven to be a lot more aggressive. Polar bears are not aggressive animals by default. It is the same reason why people used to have fights between lions and tigers, and lions would often win since they were a lot more aggressive.

It is not about the size of the beast, its ferocity is also very important. I would go with a large brown or grizzly over a polar bear any day

----
    Quote Originally Posted by Neganova View Post
    So if it's a duel, the bear will win. But if the bear is out in the wild, doing his dailies or farming food for his cubs, and then the tiger ambushes the bear, the tiger will win.
    Yes. Bears are very strong and resilient, but tigers have enough to kill them. Tigers are not fighters, they are killers. Bears are a much stronger animal when faced head-on, I have read several articles telling how duels went with bears and other animals in the past. A bear is capable of crushing the skull of pretty much every single beast there is in one swing. They are the strongest, but when a tiger pounces them, they can fall easily. Big cats going for the throat are very, very hard to survive even for animals that are larger in size
    Last edited by Niter; 2011-05-31 at 12:51 AM.

People withotu any knowledge of sciene / biology will always vote for the bear out of sheer stupidity.

A siberian tiger will hunt down a bear, it's part of their nature to do it. So, A SIBERIAN TIGER will definitely will against a bear.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post
    People withotu any knowledge of sciene / biology will always vote for the bear out of sheer stupidity.

A siberian tiger will hunt down a bear, it's part of their nature to do it. So, A SIBERIAN TIGER will definitely will against a bear.
    Enlighten me then

10+ Year Old Account
    bear like a polar/ grizzly bear? ya he'd own a tiger

Quote Originally Posted by mogulkhan View Post

A Siberian tiger will hunt down a bear, it's part of their nature to do it. So, A SIBERIAN TIGER will definitely will against a bear.
    You mean like the grizzly weighing almost double that of a Siberian tiger? or being able to crush it's skull in a single blow?

My moneys on the bear, unless the tiger gets a good position i think the fights gonna go the bears way at least 7/10 times

Every bear is an honorary Viking, so bears win.
    "With this costume, I'll get Asian girls for sure!"
    - Judge Malthred revealing my avatar's inner thoughts

But bear is scared of everything

Bear Bryant > Tiger Woods...just sayin XD
    "Isn't sanity really just a one-trick pony anyway? I mean all you get is one trick, rational thinking, but when you're good and crazy, oooh, oooh, oooh, the sky is the limit." - The Tick

And yes, it is an exploding beer.

Antisaintz - Because, well, I wuv my dk

Deleted
    Bear, no question.

15+ Year Old Account
    Both the Tiger and the Bear have powerful bodies.

The Tiger is, however, stronger in proportion to his body size and weight.
    The Tiger is, also, alot more agile.

The Tiger can easily trick the bear into using "My Neck in Your Mouth" attack.

Only a sleeping Tiger will lose against a Bear.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2011-05-31 at 01:39 AM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?