Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Minimalistic Ui help

Being a heavy UI user for years, im curious as yo how do i convert my UI into a Minimalistic UI, anyone with some help just lemme know

Thanks
    Glimp

When a wild forum troll appears

Honestly, it's a really minimalistic UI but provides alot of stuff, Tukui. It's an awesome UI that doesn't take much space but has alot of built in features.

Deleted
    The Last UI you will ever Need

Tukui is the last UI you will ever need if you want a minimalist setup.
    Extremely light weight (under 2mb iirc) and simple to set up the basics
    also the community that tukz site has will probably be able to help you with any problems or question about how to set it up

10+ Year Old Account
    I wanna make my own Minimal UI but dunno how to convert it, here is a post of mine currently

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-31 at 05:50 AM.

I concur! I'v been an avid UI junkie for a long time and Tukui is the one I love most and have stuck with the longest. Extremely minimalistic, pretty to look at, lightweight, easy to use and very easy to set up. It has omen built in (more or less), they have support (ie skinning textures) for a multitude of external add-ons if you find something is missing (such as recount). And as Siggma said the Tukui community is quite helpful if you ever come across a problem.

As an aside it re-codes, I suppose you could say, the default Blizz UI, most UI compilations just use a series of external addons and mesh them together to create a distinct look. This means its very light weigh as mentioned but also easy to keep updated. Just the one.
    Last edited by Serraphis; 2011-05-31 at 02:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally hate Tukui, more interested on how to make my own. and make it Minimal, and take up the least amount of memory i can

TukUI is for people who can't make their own UI.

Deleted
    Thats Pretty much as minimalist as your going to get.
    if you mean package it up for others to use then I think the Curse addon manager can do that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I need it to be low memory, to make it in a nice condensed package

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aldrek View Post
    TukUI is for people who can't make their own UI.
    unless your coding your own addons, then every ui is by those who cant make there own UI.

Tuks is just the same as bartender or any other addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricen View Post
    i personally hate Tukui, more interested on how to make my own. and make it Minimal, and take up the least amount of memory i can
    then you would need to start to learn what blizard API's do what, and how to code them in LUA,
    That is if your after writing your "own" UI and not a UI setup from various addons.
    Last edited by mmocd8f86ed6f0; 2011-05-31 at 02:14 AM.

So do you want to create your own interface from scratch, or just configure and arrange other peoples' addons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Create my own interface from scratch

Create my own interface from scratch
    WoW addons are based around a LUA code structure so you'll want to look up on the syntaxes that go with that.

http://www.wowpedia.org/World_of_Warcraft_API

This will also help a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you, yeah i alter them a little through lua but i wanan go all out now, i feel like i am at that point now

10+ Year Old Account
    Running with Tuk-Hydra edit and Lovin' it!
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Amen to that. I personally dislike TukUI as well, as you quickly come to realize that many of it's features are handled much better by other addons and the layout is pretty much fixed.

I made the same move that you're currently making around the time Cata released. The trigger was when Pitbull4 broke and I switched to oUF. I instantly noticed the increase in performance as well as the load times between continents/instances was substantially shorter.

I found one easy way to reduced mem consumption is to get an addon like "Addon Control Panel" or "Aload" (both of which can be found at WoWInterface.com, which I highly recommended visiting if you want to get some ideas for your own UI) and turn off/on addons on the fly without having to log in and out all the time. Addons like Atlasloot or those that have a separate Configuration/Options addon (like MSBT) can be disabled when you're not using them.

Also if you don't really care about the full break down of you're abilities during an encounter, then I recommend using TinyDPS over Recount or Skada.

My current UI and mem consumption. Basically, if I turn off Power Auras and SLDT I have the same memory usage as TukUI.

Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2011-05-31 at 05:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    TUKUI is really nice... i wish there was a way to customize it more without editing the LUA files.. but I enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think people read posts, This isnt a TukUI post..

@Arrcus
    Ight thanks man i will check this stuff out

Deleted
    Moveanything is also a good addon, to create a nice UI.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...-anything.aspx

The first thing is - think careful of what UI Elements you really want, and where do you place them
    to save as much space as possible.

1. Actionbars -> Only include the parts you need in battle, everything else (like crafting, food-usage,...) goes to 1-2 more "fade out" bars which only are visible if you mouse over it
    2. Use something like TitanBar (with "fade out" option set) to put all sort of config stuff and
    information addon invisible most of the time, and only as par of the Bar (TitanBar is my
    personal choice, doesn't matter if you take this or some other Bar)
    3. Make the Raidframes really small (general layout like Grid, though it does not need to be
    Grid). Personally I put them between my left and my right actionbutton field
    4. Use MinimapButtonFrame to remove annoying Minimap Buttons from the Minimap
    5. use something like Aura Frames to make your buffs smaller
    6. Use Buff/Debuff filtering to only show the buffs/Debuffs which really matter to your class
    7. Configure your bossmod really carefully

And so on...

Myselves I based my UI around Shadowed Unit Frames and Aura Frames and Dominos and TitanBar as the Addon Basis, but the name of the Addons does not matter, it matters what
    your idea behind the UI is and how you do it.